PDA

View Full Version : It is September 21 and...

jabrch
09-21-2005, 01:42 AM
...we have the best record in the AL.

...we are 3.5 games ahead of the Tribe.

...the Twinkies are 15 games out and nearly mathematically eliminated.

...the Tigers with douchebags like Dmitri Young, Ivan Roidriguez and MaggliHO are 17 games below .500.

...the jokers from Choakland are 4 games out of the wild card with only 11 to go.

...King George's 200mm monster would be spending October on their couches if the season were to end today.

...not a single true propellerheaded GM is going to make the playoffs this year. (don't give me Theo Epstein and his 150mm payroll)

...the Cubs...ha ha ha.

...we have as good a rotation as anyone else in the post season contention.

...we have solid D at nearly every position.

...we have depth and a strong bench for an AL squad.

...I have club level for game 2 of the playoffs, and uppers for games 1 and 5.

I know we don't have a 15 game lead anymore, but I am really jazzed up about where we are, and what the potential is for this team. Darkclouds be damned.

This year CAN still truly be magic.

OEO Magglio
09-21-2005, 02:02 AM

...the Tigers with douchebags like Dmitri Young, Ivan Roidriguez and MaggliHO are 17 games below .500.

...the jokers from Choakland are 4 games out of the wild card with only 11 to go.

...King George's 200mm monster would be spending October on their couches if the season were to end today.

...not a single true propellerheaded GM is going to make the playoffs this year. (don't give me Theo Epstein and his 150mm payroll)

...the Cubs...ha ha ha.

I know we don't have a 15 game lead anymore, but I am really jazzed up about where we are, and what the potential is for this team. Darkclouds be damned.

I personally hate the Red Sox much more then the yankees, I'd be happy if the yanks win that divison, either way I could care less at this point. Only one team matters and that's the Sox.

santo=dorf
09-21-2005, 02:32 AM
The Twins were eliminated last night. :bandance:

tifosiv122
09-21-2005, 03:59 AM

That may be true, but they are only 1.5 out of the West race...

Erik

Unregistered
09-21-2005, 04:02 AM
I personally hate the Red Sox much more then the yankees, I'd be happy if the yanks win that divison, either way I could care less at this point. Only one team matters and that's the Sox.
I'm honestly torn. On one hand, I'd LOVE to see the Red Sox not even make the playoffs after winning the World Series last year and becoming "America's Team" :rolleyes:, but on the other hand, having the Yanks and their 200 million dollar payroll go down the crapper is just such an amusing thought...

it truly is the lesser of the two evils.

chitownhawkfan
09-21-2005, 05:51 AM
:threadrules:

:fans:
Thanks for putting this in perspective and talking me back off of the ledge!

doublem23
09-21-2005, 06:09 AM
The Twins were eliminated last night. :bandance:

From the division race, but if the Twins win out (giving them 88 wins), and the Indians lose every game of the year, the Yankees go 0-12 the rest of the way and Oakland finishes 3-8, then the Twins would face the Indians in a play-off game for the Wild Card.

:thumbsup:

PaleHoseGeorge
09-21-2005, 08:07 AM
From the division race, but if the Twins win out (giving them 88 wins), and the Indians lose every game of the year, the Yankees go 0-12 the rest of the way and Oakland finishes 3-8, then the Twins would face the Indians in a play-off game for the Wild Card.

Sounds interesting to me. Who won the coin toss for home field advantage? This could be important.

:wink:

ode to veeck
09-21-2005, 08:47 AM
as close as it is, there could easily be a one game playoff for either a wild card or even a Div crown (well outside the central :redneck), which could give our staff an extra day off against a 1st round opponent

maurice
09-21-2005, 01:24 PM
...the Cubs...ha ha ha.

...any day now, media trolls across the country will admit how wrong they were for writing that Ordonez & Lee were irreplacable, that KW was mistreating a perfectly healthy Ordonez, that AJ was a clubhouse cancer, that smart ball doesn't win games, that the Sox will finish 4th or choke down the stretch, that the Red Cubs and the Yankees are the best teams in the AL, that the Yankees were smart to trade Contreras, that KW was dumb to get Contreras, that Justin Morneau is the best hitter in the AL, that Corey Patterson is the best OF in Chicago, and that the cub pitching staff is loaded with sure-fire hall of famers who will lead them to the World Series on an annual basis.

rdwj
09-21-2005, 01:28 PM
...I have club level for game 2 of the playoffs...

Me too!!! Where are yours?

Brian26
09-21-2005, 01:39 PM

...the Cubs...ha ha ha.

Keep the line moving, baby. Just keep it moving.

jabrch
09-21-2005, 07:24 PM
Me too!!! Where are yours?

352 - Row 3

Daver
09-21-2005, 07:27 PM
Today is also the Autumnal Equinox.

OEO Magglio
09-21-2005, 07:28 PM
as close as it is, there could easily be a one game playoff for either a wild card or even a Div crown (well outside the central :redneck), which could give our staff an extra day off against a 1st round opponent
Not true. If we get in we get that Monday off no matter what. If there was a playoff it would be played that Monday and then our series would still start that Tuesday.

rdwj
09-22-2005, 09:14 AM
352 - Row 3

354 Row 1!

See ya there - (hopefully)