PDA

View Full Version : An ESPN reporter ... at The Cell?!

Milw
09-21-2005, 12:33 AM
ESPN actually sent a reporter to The Cell tonight. Aside from the 2003 All Star Game, I can't remember EVER seeing an ESPN reporter on the South Side.

I'm floored ... :o:

ode to veeck
09-21-2005, 12:36 AM
he was scouting alternate job opportunities rather than facing the corporate move from Bristol to LA (yech!)

TDog
09-21-2005, 12:38 AM
ESPN actually sent a reporter to The Cell tonight. Aside from the 2003 All Star Game, I can't remember EVER seeing an ESPN reporter on the South Side.

How can you tell if someone is an ESPN reporter? Someone has to read the selections at the concession stand for him?

Sorry, that could apply to sports journalists from any number of media outlets.

(Sometimes teal isn't necessary.)

peeonwrigley
09-21-2005, 12:50 AM

For all the complaining this site does (myself included) about media coverage... this is by far the biggest series we've been a part of for some time now. And it is getting tons of coverage.

My tinfoil is getting pulled in two directions... does the media want to see us fail to sell the story of our choke, or do they want us to pummel the tribe to allow the Yanks and Red Cubs into the playoffs?

chidonez
09-21-2005, 12:51 AM
How can you tell if someone is an ESPN reporter? Someone has to read the selections at the concession stand for him?

Sorry, that could apply to sports journalists from any number of media outlets.

(Sometimes teal isn't necessary.)

I saw her prelude to the game, and it wasn't flattering (if that's the one you're talking about). She and ESPN still suck... Although I must say that Kruk picked us to win the division prior to the game, and Harold was in awe afterwords...

spongyfungy
09-21-2005, 12:53 AM
This game was also on ESPN radio so they probably sent a crew with her.

StillMissOzzie
09-21-2005, 01:28 AM

Game #3 of the Sox/Tribe series will be the ESPN game tomorrow night. There are just now trying to figure out who's who so they can sound all-knowing for the game.

SMO
:gulp:

PaleHoseGeorge
09-21-2005, 01:43 AM
Game #3 of the Sox/Tribe series will be the ESPN game tomorrow night. There are just now trying to figure out who's who so they can sound all-knowing for the game.

:espn
"Sox shortstop Jose Uribe made a spectacular play in Tuesday's game."
"We'll be interviewing El Duque and Jose Contreras to ask them how it feels to no longer be Yankees."
"On 'ESPN Investigates', we'll look at how the Sox have dealt with the distractions of having clubhouse cancer A.J. Pierzynski on the team."
"And later... a look at Wrigley Field. What goes on behind the scenes when the Cubs are on the road!"

:o:

milrtyme28
09-21-2005, 02:04 AM
Credes homer tonight was the #1 play on Sportcenter's top 10 plays - beating out the WNBA championship game for the #1 spot. :)

ChiSoxBobette
09-21-2005, 06:11 AM

I'm sure it was'nt anyone famous the gammons,starks,olney's only think theres a ball team & ball park on the northside of chicago like I said before espn

SUCKS!

hose
09-21-2005, 06:29 AM
ESPN was there to cover the Indians.:o:

chaerulez
09-21-2005, 11:30 AM

SMO
:gulp:

I hope there is no Joe Morgan anywhere near the park.

Shafe72
09-21-2005, 11:43 AM
F.E.S.P.N.

and their "experts."

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-21-2005, 11:48 AM
If this is a national game tonight...and this stays close for the next 10 games...those BBTN pinheads will be at the Jake all next weekend.

I guess we complained long enough that the Sox were ignored by the national media. Now, we have coverage.
WE. STILL. DON'T. CARE.

greenpeach
09-21-2005, 11:49 AM
ESPN was there to cover the Indians.:o:

Actually, I think someone goofed in Bristol. They thought that the Indians were playing the Red Sox instead.

chidonez
09-21-2005, 11:55 AM
Like I said, there was a woman reporter on ESPN prior to yesterday's game. I didn't recognize her. I'm pretty sure she didn't play in the majors.

1951Campbell
09-21-2005, 11:56 AM
For all the complaining this site does (myself included) about media coverage... this is by far the biggest series we've been a part of for some time now. And it is getting tons of coverage.

My tinfoil is getting pulled in two directions... does the media want to see us fail to sell the story of our choke, or do they want us to pummel the tribe to allow the Yanks and Red Cubs into the playoffs?

The media wants us to fail. No foil.

cheeses_h_rice
09-21-2005, 11:59 AM
The only reason ESPN cares about this series is that it may impact the Red Sox or Yankees making the playoffs or not.

Lip Man 1
09-21-2005, 12:46 PM
What ESPN does or does not do doesn't bother me a lick. Worry about other things.

Lip

Kogs35
09-21-2005, 12:54 PM
the reproter was collen dominguez.

HotelWhiteSox
09-21-2005, 03:16 PM
Jayson Stark is/was there too, right now reporting live for ESPNEWS

spongyfungy
09-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Jayson Stark is/was there too, right now reporting live for ESPNEWS

I can't believe what I'm hearing from him right now. "only player on the White sox who could start for the Indians is Konerko" Including the rotation?

miker
09-21-2005, 04:55 PM
Maybe the dispatcher in Bristol thought the Scrubs were in town. The ESPN-ers found U.S. Cellular by accident...

Mr. White Sox
09-21-2005, 05:26 PM
So wait, the game's on ESPN tonight? Yay! No mlb.tv!

Kogs35
09-21-2005, 05:31 PM
So wait, the game's on ESPN tonight? Yay! No mlb.tv!

no its not on espn tonight, they went for philly and atlanta

HotelWhiteSox
09-21-2005, 05:32 PM
I can't believe what I'm hearing from him right now. "only player on the White sox who could start for the Indians is Konerko" Including the rotation?

I heard that, but he said that he heard someone say that on Chicago sports radio on his drive today, and I was just so happening to turn on Boers and Bernstein around 2 and they were talking about it, so that's where he got it from. They said 3B would be even, and basically took every Indian over the White Sox, except for Konerko, but that depends on if Hafner is starting. Whatever, I'll take Iguchi over Belliard, Dye over Blake (they might've taken this one as well), and anyone over the Jose Hernandez/Ben Broussard tandem

Mr. White Sox
09-21-2005, 05:35 PM
no its not on espn tonight, they went for philly and atlanta

Wow, that's mighty lame. How is PHI/ATL a more important game than this? Their other game is Texas/Los Angeles...whatever.