PDA

View Full Version : The Ramps & The RedLine After the Game! MERCY!

Brian26
09-21-2005, 12:25 AM
Tonight was one of those nights you'll never forget if you were a part of it.

Walking down the ramps on the thirdbase side after the game around 10:45pm, it was jammed with wall-to-wall people, and the chant was loud all the way down: "Let's Go White Sox/Cleveland Sucks...Let's Go White Sox/Cleveland Sucks...."

And then, I've never experienced this cool of a conductor on any EL line before, but on the 11pm Redline, this is what we were greeted with when the doors closed: "Welcome aboard the CTA Redline to Howard Street. We will be making all stops, and I know you are ALL in a good mood after enjoying a BIG WHITE SOX victory over CLEVELAND!!!" The crowd on the train ERUPTED with cheers and applause. Absolutely awesome!

Also kudos to the Chicago Police Department, who has been in full force on the EL Platform and along all of 35th Street for the past two nights, keeping things in order. Good job! :thumbsup:

ThatGuyOnTheL
09-21-2005, 12:39 AM
Actually, I felt like I was on the Cleveland subway heading home. Between the guy from Columbus shouting about how he "doesn't know how anyone can call himself a Sox fan" and the drunk (also from Columbus) shoving me because he "can't stand losing to the White Sox," it was pretty annoying. In fact, I realized that if I had responded to either of them, I would have been outnumbered in the ensuing fight...

HotelWhiteSox
09-21-2005, 12:39 AM
It was sweet! The night was a rollercoaster, and I probably suffered heart fatigue, but you always had that little bit of hope that something special would have. So many random high fives afterwards and just a crazy atmoshpere in the parking lot

asboog
09-21-2005, 12:44 AM
All I can say was that it was truly amazing.

iamkoza
09-21-2005, 12:46 AM
All I can say was that it was truly amazing.

i second this

MUsoxfan
09-21-2005, 12:46 AM
The electricity was there tonight, my friends. All we needed was one game like this to boost morale. I wouldn't have said this a couple days ago, but this team has a chance....:gulp:

oeo
09-21-2005, 12:58 AM
The electricity was there tonight, my friends. All we needed was one game like this to boost morale. I wouldn't have said this a couple days ago, but this team has a chance....:gulp:

I had this vibe about tonight...I just KNEW we were going to win. And now...wow, so much more optimism and confidence. What a great game!

:bandance::supernana::bandance:

D. TODD
09-21-2005, 12:59 AM
I defiantly can say it was much more fun coming down the ramps tonight compared to last night! Love the enthusiasm, lets get one tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!

UofCSoxFan
09-21-2005, 01:02 AM
at least two of those Cleveland sucks chants were started by yours truly :)

He gone
09-21-2005, 01:05 AM
The ramps on 1st base side were pretty loud too. Actually that was the loudest game I've ever been to. It's hard to believe there were only 26,000 fans making all that noise. I'm pretty horse right now. :D:

I call this picture, " The Goat and the Hero" :D:

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/5291/herogoat9cp.jpg

Domeshot17
09-21-2005, 01:13 AM
What A Game. Kudos To All The Sox Fans For Going Nuts. Bobby Howry May Think It Is Bad We Only Put 26,000 In The Seats Tonight, But Us 26,000 Were Louder Then Anything The Jake Has Ever Heard. The Tunnels Were Insane, Anyone Else Notice On The Ramps Majority Of Indians Fans Either Put Their Heads Down And Got Out, Or Took Their Hats Off In Fear.

Props To All You Guys Also For Celebrating With Class. Shove The Win Down Their Throats, But Minus A Few Little Scrapes, No Fighting Got Out Of Hand. I Actually Had An Indian Fan Behind Me On The Walk Home Compliment Us On Our Classful Intensity, Nothing Like He Expected.

10,000 Seats Open Tommrow, If You Can, Try And Fill The Place Up. You Can Tell The Players Fed Off The Crowd Tonight, Paulie At First Raising His Arms Like A Basketball Player Trying To Get Us Louder. We Lets Do This

I can still close my eyes and hear the chants, its awesome

EDIT: Sorry about the caps, My buddy was iming me going nuts and I was too, and i was typing without lookin at the screen and forgot the turn caps back off, my apologies completely

SoxFan76
09-21-2005, 01:18 AM
Lay off the Caps lock dude.

peeonwrigley
09-21-2005, 01:34 AM
Tonight was as awesome of an experience as I've had at the Cell in some time. Crowd was loud when it had to be. Concourse/ramps were raucous in the postgame. Red line was a blast after the game... I thought a drunk from the game "trainjacked" it.. he sounded slightly inebriated.

I'm gonna cherish this memory, but hopefully more to come this season.

doublem23
09-21-2005, 03:03 AM
I had this vibe about tonight...I just KNEW we were going to win. And now...wow, so much more optimism and confidence. What a great game!

I agree... Watching the game at home with my roomates here, I just had this feeling that they had to win, especially after Bobby Jenks got out of the 9th... I just couldn't fathom how they would lose. Granted, I didn't watch the whole game as I was at work until around 9:15.

Anyways, this is a rough transcript of what happened:
Me: Who's leading off?
My roomie, Mitch: I think it's Crede-Podsednik-Tadahito.
Me: I like Joe... He doesn't hit much, but he does in big ways sometimes (hear Hawk say something about Joe already having a homer tonight)... Wait, does he already have a homer?
Mitch: Yeah, I think.
Me: Well ****, there's his quota for the next half a week (crack)... GET THE **** OUT!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!

chitownhawkfan
09-21-2005, 04:48 AM
I had to go into work around 9:00 and there are no cell phones allowed, no telephones, tvs or radios. I was so angry because we were losing 5 to 3 and I thought for sure we would lose. When I got out of work at 2:30 this morning I had a text waiting for me in my car saying crede had won the game on a walk off and I had to get out of my car and do a little jig. It completely made up for a crappy shift of unloading trucks at UPS.

Thanks Joe!:supernana:

harwar
09-21-2005, 07:05 AM
You Can Tell The Players Fed Off The Crowd Tonight, Paulie At First Raising His Arms Like A Basketball Player Trying To Get Us Louder.

I have never seen him so fired up as he was last night.

Law11
09-21-2005, 07:48 AM
That place went nuts last night. The ramps leaving the parking lots
the Trucks on the Ryan were blazing their horns.. A very cool feeling.

What a lift and how much better I feel today than this time yesterday.

Hangar18
09-21-2005, 07:49 AM
I can verify this. I was walking across the parking lot, by Jimbos and could hear how loud the CHANTS were, FROM 33rd St! ....... The chants were audible and loud from there wow that was awesome ......

Chez
09-21-2005, 07:57 AM
I've been there the last two nights and the intensity level in the park has just been awesome. I've got to believe that the players feed off of it. Let's fill the Cell tonight!

Realist
09-21-2005, 09:43 AM
The energy at the park was unbelievable the last two nites. On Monday you could feel the silent tension in the stands just waiting for the Sox to bust out. When they finally did with those four runs, the place went absolutely berserk. Too bad they couldn't pull that game out.

Tuesday nite was more of the same with better results. :bandance:

Let's just hope they can win the game and series tonite. I'll be there and I'm looking forward to this series being over so maybe I can get back to some solid BM's. :redneck

kevingrt
09-21-2005, 09:47 AM
I can't imagine the Cell last night. If I weren't at college, I'd be there in a heartbeat. I wish I could get there.

But pray for a sell-out tonight, that would be absolutely AMAZING.

As for the hero and goat pic, at least Aaron got the huge sac fly.

Pulaski
09-21-2005, 09:49 AM
Actually, I felt like I was on the Cleveland subway heading home. Between the guy from Columbus shouting about how he "doesn't know how anyone can call himself a Sox fan" and the drunk (also from Columbus) shoving me because he "can't stand losing to the White Sox," it was pretty annoying. In fact, I realized that if I had responded to either of them, I would have been outnumbered in the ensuing fight...

I was not on the L; however, there were a lot of Indians Fans sitting along the first base line that were annoying.

Brian26
09-21-2005, 09:52 AM
The crowd last night was absolutely amazing....they were on their feet for every two-strike count...and they were standing for the entire 8th and 9th innings. Amazing.

24thStFan
09-21-2005, 10:10 AM
The crowd last night was absolutely amazing....they were on their feet for every two-strike count...and they were standing for the entire 8th and 9th innings. Amazing.

Unfortunately for me I have to listen on XM. Last night the XM feed was the national ESPN radio game. I can't remember who the announcers were, but they were very impressed with the crowd intensity. They complimented the Sox fans several times about being on their feet, making a lot of noise, and pumping up the team. And it sounded very loud on the radio, too.

Great national exposure for Sox fans and our never-say-die ballclub! Bring home the series victory tonight. GO SOX!!!

tacosalbarojas
09-21-2005, 11:34 AM
Tonight was one of those nights you'll never forget if you were a part of it.

Walking down the ramps on the thirdbase side after the game around 10:45pm, it was jammed with wall-to-wall people, and the chant was loud all the way down: "Let's Go White Sox/Cleveland Sucks...Let's Go White Sox/Cleveland Sucks...."

And then, I've never experienced this cool of a conductor on any EL line before, but on the 11pm Redline, this is what we were greeted with when the doors closed: "Welcome aboard the CTA Redline to Howard Street. We will be making all stops, and I know you are ALL in a good mood after enjoying a BIG WHITE SOX victory over CLEVELAND!!!" The crowd on the train ERUPTED with cheers and applause. Absolutely awesome!

Also kudos to the Chicago Police Department, who has been in full force on the EL Platform and along all of 35th Street for the past two nights, keeping things in order. Good job! :thumbsup:Those were, without a doubt, the loudest, most sustained ramp chants in the history of USCF. Nothing comes close, not even from 2000.

TomBradley72
09-21-2005, 11:41 AM
As Crede's ball sailed into the night....sheer unabashed joy.

I drove home through the loop....Sox fans on the sidewalks all yelling and waving at each other....taxi cab drivers waving....cops smiling....finally felt like this city was embracing the White Sox.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-21-2005, 12:33 PM
I've been there the last two nights and the intensity level in the park has just been awesome. I've got to believe that the players feed off of it. Let's fill the Cell tonight!

We were part of the victory last night as we booed Ozzie who changed his mind and left Politte in and Marte in the bullpen.

We need everyone out there to help Ozzie along again. Go White Sox!!!

Brian26
09-21-2005, 12:34 PM
We were part of the victory last night as we booed Ozzie who changed his mind and left Politte in and Marte in the bullpen.

We need everyone out there to help Ozzie along again. Go White Sox!!!

LOL!!!! With 30,000 managers along for the ride, there's no way we can lose this thing! :D:

ZachAL
09-21-2005, 01:51 PM
Those were, without a doubt, the loudest, most sustained ramp chants in the history of USCF. Nothing comes close, not even from 2000.

Wow, This makes me wish I was there so badly. Walking down the ramps after big wins with the mass of people is by far one of the best feelings I experience as a sox fan.

MarySwiss
09-21-2005, 02:01 PM
I am SO glad I bought the MLB.com package. Probably among the best $50 I ever spent. Especially love the archive feature. I've played Crede's walkoff about a million times. Listening to Hawk and DJ go nuts, the crowd go nuts, seeing the fireworks, watching the guys dancing around like maniacs....almost like being there. I had tears in my eyes and goosebumps on my arms.

I can't wait for tonight's game. I think Jon's gonna come up big. Let's get 'em again!

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Randar68
09-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Those were, without a doubt, the loudest, most sustained ramp chants in the history of USCF. Nothing comes close, not even from 2000.

I dunno, the ramps after a couple of the first Cubs/Sox series were pretty riotous, especially after the CLee Grand Salami game...

santo=dorf
09-21-2005, 02:41 PM
I dunno, the ramps after a couple of the first Cubs/Sox series were pretty riotous, especially after the CLee Grand Salami game...
You should have heard it after Jose's walkoff back in 2003 or after the Sox swpet the Twins on Frank's walkoff in the same season. :cool:

chidonez
09-21-2005, 02:58 PM
Although it wasn't anything like last night, I was once waiting for a train up north in the crowd after a crosstown series game, when a drunk flubs fan started giving a plainclothes cop (he had his gun, but no uniform) some lip for wearing a Sox cap. Needless to say, the drunk was arrested, and if that cop didn't have a sh** eatin' grin across his face while doing it.

Brian26
09-21-2005, 03:50 PM
You should have heard it after Jose's walkoff back in 2003 or after the Sox swpet the Twins on Frank's walkoff in the same season. :cool:

Jose's walkoff in 2003 to beat the Cubs on that Friday afternoon was right up there too, I have to admit. The chant was "Jose, Jose, Jose, Jose..." but for importance and magnitude, I'd have to put last night at the top of the list.