PDA

View Full Version : Greg Couch is an idiot BOYCOTT HIS COLUMN

Palehose1
09-21-2005, 12:23 AM
This Sun-Times writer is brain dead. I think his #1 goal is for this to be a Cubs town. In my book he ranks right up there with fellow Sun-Times attempted columnist, Jay Mariotti. Everyone should follow my lead and just not read any article written by these two yahoos.

I have not read Mariotti since 1986 and I began my boycott of Couch a couple of months ago.

Sly
09-21-2005, 12:27 AM
Couch is the only writer who went after the Cubs and their ticket brokerage business ... there are a lot bigger media offenders than Couch, who I think is the best writer in town.

Chips
09-21-2005, 12:28 AM
Hey Dude, What's the Score?

kittle42
09-21-2005, 01:08 AM
Couch is the only writer who went after the Cubs and their ticket brokerage business ... there are a lot bigger media offenders than Couch, who I think is the best writer in town.

True that.

jackbrohamer
09-21-2005, 09:13 AM
Couch has taken the position all season that the Sox suck. He declared "smart ball" (or however he referred to it) a failure a couple of weeks ago. He's written several columns in the past about what a terrible stadium the Cell is (he quoted me in one of them). The guy strikes me as a Moronotti wannabe, which is about the most pathetic thing imaginable.

OH!foracold1
09-21-2005, 11:04 AM
Couch has taken the position all season that the Sox suck. He declared "smart ball" (or however he referred to it) a failure a couple of weeks ago. He's written several columns in the past about what a terrible stadium the Cell is (he quoted me in one of them). The guy strikes me as a Moronotti wannabe, which is about the most pathetic thing imaginable.

I have to agree with you here. This guy’s a slug. He was interviewed this past weekend with another writer on I believe ESPN. The subject being the Sox and weather or not they will make the playoffs as the division champs or wild card. This idiot, Greg Crotch, had nothing but negatives about the Sox and said you won't see them in the playoffs. He didn't even think about it. He just continued to slam our boys. What a stroke!!!!

:gulp:

PatK
09-21-2005, 11:26 AM
Everyone should follow my lead and just not read any article written by these two yahoos.

I have not read Mariotti since 1986 and I began my boycott of Couch a couple of months ago.

I've boycotted the sports section of just about every media outlet. You almost have less of a bias HERE than you do in the Cubune and SunTimes. Which is sad and pathetic if you think about it.

I get my baseball news straight from MLB.com

chaerulez
09-21-2005, 11:31 AM
B & B ripped the Sun Times yesterday for having 2 columns that say the opposite, and then labeled it as baseball retarded/garbage.

Dick Allen
09-21-2005, 11:35 AM
Greg Couch is a Cub fan AND an idiot - I know, redundant. I ignore his column and Mariotti's, what's the point of reading them when you know what they're going to say. It's an inefficient use of time.

Lip Man 1
09-21-2005, 01:09 PM
Actually Greg brought up his point about 'small-ball' from almost the very start of the year. He discussed it again in mid season when the Sox decided to abandon that approach (although it may have been out of their control) in favor of scoring around 55% if memory serves, of their runs via home run. That was before Scotty hurt his leg.

On that point he has been consistent in his comments. It didn't just start now. And yes he did go very hard after the Tribune Company and their ticket scam.

Lip

Hangar18
09-21-2005, 01:16 PM

Thats right ......... HE LAMBASTED the Tribune Entertainment Corporation.

kittle42
09-21-2005, 01:20 PM
Actually Greg brought up his point about 'small-ball' from almost the very start of the year. He discussed it again in mid season when the Sox decided to abandon that approach (although it may have been out of their control) in favor of scoring around 55% if memory serves, of their runs via home run. That was before Scotty hurt his leg.

On that point he has been consistent in his comments. It didn't just start now. And yes he did go very hard after the Tribune Company and their ticket scam.

Lip

Shhh, Lip! If a writer doesn't write 100% positive things about the Sox in every one of his columns, he sucks!

hawkjt
09-21-2005, 05:21 PM
I just thought it was wierd that he wrote that column after last nites game. It seemed like it would have belonged the day before.

The whole suntimes seemed to be stuck in a time warp today with all of the negative choke stories that fit the day before but not after last nite.

Morriseys take on it today was much more timely- sox wobbly but not chokers.

Foulke You
09-21-2005, 05:54 PM
Thats right ......... HE LAMBASTED the Tribune Entertainment Corporation.
Which is the only redeeming thing he has written about. He comes out of the wood work when the Sox are scuffling much like Mariotti but then also does a Mariotti-esque disappearing act when the Sox vibe is positive. For example, he wrote nothing about the Sox during our recent 7 game win streak only to resurface when Cleveland came knocking on our door. He is a self admitted life long Cub fan who grew up near Wrigley Field. I've been a Sun Times subscriber for a long time, trust me, you can't count on him to give an unbiased view of the Sox.