PDA

View Full Version : Will Indians retaliate against...

mike squires
09-21-2005, 12:12 AM
A.J???

First of all was it intentional?

It appeared he may have been able to step over him and that he was looking back at him when he stepped on his back. After Indian players look at the play do you think they'll plunk him?

chisoxfanatic
09-21-2005, 12:13 AM
Not a chance!!! Ozzie will play Widger tomorrow night!!!

chisoxmike
09-21-2005, 12:13 AM
Who cares? It seems whenever A.J. gets plunked, his next at bat he makes the other team pay of it.

ode to veeck
09-21-2005, 12:16 AM
Who cares? It seems whenever A.J. gets plunked, his next at bat he makes the other team pay of it.

Really, they'd be foolish to go after AJ

chisoxfanatic
09-21-2005, 12:17 AM
Really, they'd be foolish to go after AJ

Damn right! AJ will win 100 times out of 100!!!

OEO Magglio
09-21-2005, 12:17 AM
Let them go after him, gives us a baserunner:tongue:

TheOldRoman
09-21-2005, 12:19 AM
I dont think it was intentional. AJ was caught in an awkward position, it looked like he was caught between a step and tried to leap over Boone.
That was one of the funniest plays all year. AJ tried to jump over him, but he got about 4 inches off the ground.

mike squires
09-21-2005, 12:26 AM
I like when he singles and he'll be taking off his gloves saying ****** this and ****** that. I guess he does thee same thing when he pops up or k's.

DumpJerry
09-21-2005, 07:12 AM
That scene will sum up the run-up the Tribe has had in the past two months to try to catch us. I noticed Cheeses had made it his sig. Nice!:D:

DrCrawdad
09-21-2005, 07:29 AM
I've been searching for a picture of AJ with his foot on Boone's back, but haven't found one yet. If someone finds one, I hope they link it here.

Did AJ step on his Boone's back on purpose? AJ being AJ. Most players probably would have avoided stepping on Boone at all costs, even if it meant retreating to third. I think AJ just didn't avoid stepping on Boone and wouldn't resist doing it.

Again, I hope someone finds the picture.

As a Sox fan, I love AJ's move. I believe the biggest play of the game though was Uribe's play at short.

Cat Thief
09-21-2005, 07:31 AM
I've been searching for a picture of AJ with his foot on Boone's back, but haven't found one yet. If someone finds one, I hope they link it here.

Did AJ step on his Boone's back on purpose? AJ being AJ. Most players probably would have avoided stepping on Boone at all costs, even if it meant retreating to third. I think AJ just didn't avoid stepping on Boone and wouldn't resist doing it.

Again, I hope someone finds the picture.

As a Sox fan, I love AJ's move. I believe the biggest play of the game though was Uribe's play at short.

There is a few in the post game thread.

DrCrawdad
09-21-2005, 07:39 AM
There is a few in the post game thread.

:worship:http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/9053/aj9hm.gif:kneeslap:

oeo
09-21-2005, 07:43 AM
There was nothing AJ could do, he dove into his running path. He tried to jump over him and might have been able to get over him, but he also could have hurt himself. I don't think they would retaliate because this was just a hilarious accident.

arbutron
09-21-2005, 08:39 AM
I like when he singles and he'll be taking off his gloves saying ****** this and ****** that. I guess he does thee same thing when he pops up or k's.

I too enjoy his fired up screaming to himself while takin' off the gloves after a big hit. "F U, Fn B, F Yeah F Yeah" They always leave him on cam to get the full lip read too. AJ rules.

D. TODD
09-21-2005, 09:20 AM
A.J is the prototypical "prick" you hate on the other team, but you love his fire when he is on yours. He was defiantly like that with the Twins, and now he's with us. I think he clearly could have avoided Boone, but hey, he stomped on him anyway :tongue: . If that happened to Crede from a Indian, I would hope for a opportune time to drill the guy who did it. So A.J. be on your toes tonight. I think he gets caught in the moment and just reacts while playing. He did give a "my fault" wave to Boone as he went to the dugout though.

PennStater98r
09-21-2005, 09:26 AM
I seem to remember a little fight in 2000 against a club from Detroit that fired the club up. This would be a perfect time to get that kind of fire on this team.

Furthermore, if Cleveland is bothered by what happened last night and feel the need to plunk someone on the Sox, it means their heads are already out of tonights game and thinking about how to send a message instead of how to win.

kaufsox
09-21-2005, 09:30 AM
I hope they try and go after AJ. Just what the Indians need to do, pour gas on the fire that is AJ

Taz
09-21-2005, 09:35 AM
I agree with PennStater...

If the Injuns are worried about getting back ag AJ.. they aren't focused on the right task...

So let them try something...

archangelgabe66
09-21-2005, 09:39 AM
I don't think that the Indians have the courage nor the rationale for retaliating for what A.J. did last night. I feel that it was unintentional. A.J. was looking down the line as he made the turn. He could have tripped and fallen over Boone.

Clarkdog
09-21-2005, 09:42 AM
No they won't. AJ running over Boone was unavoidable. A great ironic twist of fate - but not intentional.

If the Indians retaliate, the Sox are officially in their head.

Game over Indians.

Dick Allen
09-21-2005, 10:04 AM
This was something that happened awfully fast in the heat of battle. I can't believe he went out of his way to do this. Actually, boone was IN the way.

A_ROW33
09-21-2005, 10:29 AM
I doubt they will intentionally put a baserunner on in a game of this magnitude, look for a hard slide at second on one of garland's numerous double play balls tonight.

hawkjt
09-21-2005, 01:43 PM
Didn't AJ and Boone have a dialogue at the plate the next time Boone was up? Do not think it was acrimonious. Boone is a baseball lifer who is old school enough to know the situation.

On the other hand the way AJ swings at everything inside if they try to hit him he will swing at it anyway. Luv his fire but wish he would be a hair more selective which would allow him to hit at his career average of .291.

He might be heating up after last nite tho. Go Sox

Argalarga
09-21-2005, 02:36 PM
I hope they do plunk him.

A. It gives us a baserunner.
B. It pisses off a guy you don't want to piss off.
C. It proves we're in their heads.