PDA

View Full Version : Uribe = THE *COMPLETE* player

chisoxfanatic
09-20-2005, 11:50 PM
As time goes by, Juan Uribe is being more and more of a complete player as they come. The past month, he's been on a pretty impressive, clutch offensive tear. His leather at times have been S-E-N-S-A-T-I-O-N-A-L as well. That play he made today in the 9th inning to save a run was one of the best defensive plays I've seen this season! Uribe seems to be getting VERY good reads off the ball and positions himself perfectly with regularity.

When we got him from Colorado a couple offseasons ago, I didn't think he would pann out this good for us; but, I seriously hope he sticks around for a long time!

Uribe has been coming up big on both sides of the coin...Keep it going, Juan!!!

Deuce
09-20-2005, 11:55 PM
:manos

And to think, many WSI members and fans wanted to keep this dead weight instead of giving Uribe a chance. Thank God that the stache is gone, and the Cola is in.

And hey Paulie, Uribe is the best shortstop you've ever played with... period.

Deuce

Mr. White Sox
09-20-2005, 11:58 PM
:manos

And to think, many WSI members and fans wanted to keep this dead weight instead of giving Uribe a chance. Thank God that the stache is gone, and the Cola is in.

And hey Paulie, Uribe is the best shortstop you've ever played with... period.

Deuce

:DJ
"Uh-oh! There are lots of Manos fans on the site, watch out!" :tongue:

mike squires
09-20-2005, 11:58 PM
Juan gets a bad wrap sometimes due to his streaky hitting, but he is a clutch guy and has come up big with the glove more than once this season. Good guy to have over there at short and can come of big...Hopefully in October. I think he gets the game ball after tonights game despite the bomb hit by Crede.

slavko
09-21-2005, 12:11 AM
Do I have to keep saying "Where's the Vizquel posters?" to get a rise out of you guys?

PaleHoseGeorge
09-21-2005, 12:17 AM
One of the smarter moves Guillen has made is to simply leave Uribe in the #9 spot all season long. He's a goofball at the plate, but just let him sit there and do his own thing. Meanwhile he has a cannon for an arm and is simply fearless in the field. He makes plays in the hole Royce Clayton would never have reached, forget about attempting a throw.

:walnuts
"Maybe I'll retract my earlier comments. Catching Juan's stingers aren't so bad."

:hitless
"**** you, Wheels! I set a fielding percentage record that will probably last forever and now you stab me in the back?"

ode to veeck
09-21-2005, 12:34 AM
I like a guy in the lineup who can actually hit a curve ball after all the fatball hitting squads we've had the last few years (& still have to some extent)

jabrch
09-21-2005, 12:45 AM
I love watching Uribe play D. I doubt he will ever win a GG, but he has more range and a better arm than last year's AL GG SS by a LANDSLIDE.

iamkoza
09-21-2005, 12:48 AM
I actually said to myself, Yes Uribe is now up, after rowand got plunked in the 9th inning.... i didn't think i'd be saying that a month ago

hose
09-21-2005, 06:40 AM
The play Juan made on Coco Crisp in the 8th was the reason the Sox were able to win it in extra innings. If Juan doesn't gun Crisp down not only is the game tied but the inning is extended.

Not a bad day for Juan , he made another great play on a ball that got under Crede's glove earlier in the game and also had a clutch two out hit.

The video clip of Juan's awesome play is on MLB.com.
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp