PDA

View Full Version : Rogers Column

Lip Man 1
09-20-2005, 11:33 PM
I would have at least waited until the season was done. Then if the Sox did blow it, if there was in fact a body for the funeral, then I would have printed this.

I'm as worried sick as anybody but the Sox at least deserve some respect for what they have done for the entire season. Oh well...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050920rogers,1,2491789.column?coll=cs-home-headlines

Lip

MarySwiss
09-21-2005, 12:24 AM
Lip or someone:

PLease save this piece of crap to someplace. Columns such as this have a strange habit of suddenly disappearing....

ode to veeck
09-21-2005, 01:23 AM
It's so dissappointing to hear this crap from a self-avowed Sox fan member of the local and national press. All we heard while the Sox had the best record in baseball for the first 3/4 of the season was "are they for real" and now all the press can do is talk about "the collapse" and "the 15 game lead on Aug1".

I guess we're still flying under the radar after all, ... no respect.

I hope it comes to bite them all in the ass

TommyJohn
09-24-2005, 09:40 AM
I would have at least waited until the season was done. Then if the Sox did blow it, if there was in fact a body for the funeral, then I would have printed this.

I'm as worried sick as anybody but the Sox at least deserve some respect for what they have done for the entire season. Oh well...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050920rogers,1,2491789.column?coll=cs-home-headlines

Lip

Now why would the Tribune want to wait for the season to end before
printing that? They are all giggly with anticipation that it will happen.
Besides, it is part of their legacy. They didn't actually wait until Dewey
had defeated Truman, did they?

chitownhawkfan
09-24-2005, 09:53 AM
You would think we could at least get a beat writer to give us a little respect. Phil Rogers, you sir are a douchebag, I never realized how much he sucked until I saw him on Chicago Tribune Live. You suck

maurice
09-26-2005, 12:59 PM
In today's Trib, progers writes that the Sox are a lock to make the playoffs and have as good a chance as anybody to advance. This is reminicent of . . .
:windsock: