PDA

View Full Version : The Line in the Dirt...

voodoochile
09-20-2005, 11:29 PM
I drew a figurative line in the dirt tonight.

The toons are going to have to run over/through me to win the ****ing division.

I ain't backing up no more...

It's ****ing cleveland, nuff said.

Who's with me?

NSSoxFan
09-20-2005, 11:32 PM
I'm with you all the way Voodoo.

:bandance: :gulp: :bandance:

SOXintheBURGH
09-20-2005, 11:34 PM
:Rocker:

mcp5185
I'm with you.....GO SOX!!
:bandance:

Lip Man 1
As long as you stay inside the batters box, you're nice and legal. :smile:

Lip

beckett21
09-20-2005, 11:35 PM
Reporting for duty...I've got your back.

Not gonna happen on my watch...:angry:

voodoochile
09-20-2005, 11:35 PM
As long as you stay inside the batters box, you're nice and legal. :smile:

Lip

So I can use the bat to bash the toons catcher upside the head if I am standing in the batter's box? Cool...:wink:

DrCrawdad
09-20-2005, 11:36 PM

Who's with me?

Even when I'm pressing the Panic Button while in my panic room, I'm always rooting for the Sox. If you don't believe me, ask my wife and my neighbors who've had to hear me yelling, screaming and cursing the Sox games.

Is it over? Nothing is over... (http://home.mindspring.com/~dcrosby101/germans.wav)

CLR01
09-20-2005, 11:38 PM
Red Rover Red Rover we call Travis Hafner over. I love this game. :redneck

PaleHoseGeorge
09-20-2005, 11:40 PM
Not too obvious Voodoo went to Ohio State.

:wink:

MarySwiss
09-20-2005, 11:42 PM
Totally supportive, voodoo! And if you can arrange to have Aaron Boone kidnapped and sent to--oh, I don't know, Antarctica?--until the season is over, works for me!

I AM SO HAPPPPPYYYYYY! WOO-HOOO! :gulp:

Deuce
09-20-2005, 11:44 PM
As I posted on the 16th... (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=848511#post848511)

Though every midichlorian in my body is telling me to go to the Dark Cloud, I am holding fast. If the Twinks were on our tail, I would have faultered. Too many years of falling just short to those guys can do that to a fan. But there is no way in hell I am giving up to the Jndjans. No effin way! I hate those guys. I hate the Jndjans as much as I hate the Cubs, and thats quite a bit. :angry:

So, though hope got me this far, hate will have to take me the rest of the way. It sucks it has to be that way, but I'll be damned if I roll over as a fan to those shlubs.

BeviBall!
09-20-2005, 11:44 PM
Jonny boy... it's your turn. Grab it and don't let go.

voodoochile
09-20-2005, 11:46 PM
Not too obvious Voodoo went to Ohio State.

:wink:

My father was actually born in Cleveland and he use to follow the Browns casually. I was born in Columbus, though I moved to Chicago at 5 after living in 2 other cities for almost ALL of the other 5 years.

I sort of became a Bengals fan in the early 80's because they had the Griffen brothers and Pete Johnson from the Buckeyes, so it became natural to make fun of the Browns. Add in that I hate the toons have since sometime in the mid-90's and really don't care for the Cavs much either.

I share similar feelings of animosity toward the city of Detroit because not only do they share rivalries with all of my favorite Chicago teams, but they are in that nameless state that us Buckeye fans hate with a passion. Of course the Tigers have been hopeless and hapless for so long that they do not share the same corner of darkness in my heart that the freaking toons do...

I hate that baseball team...:angry:

Deuce
09-20-2005, 11:49 PM

First game I ever went to was a Sox/Cleveland game... since then, I offer no quarter to the Jndjans nor thier wierdo fanbase.

Deuce

samram
09-20-2005, 11:50 PM
I'm in. I still say Cleveland will hit a rough spot and lose four in a row or something like that and it will be over. If they don't, screw them, the Sox will still be on top at the end.

chisoxmike
09-20-2005, 11:53 PM
:gulp:
:cool:

ode to veeck
09-20-2005, 11:56 PM
draw a line in the sand

step on their backs on your way to the play

... and don't look back

peeonwrigley
09-21-2005, 12:08 AM
:millslane

Lets get it on!

Nice, solid, resounding "Cleveland Sucks" chant in the concourse following the game. Thousands are with us.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-21-2005, 12:06 PM
My father was actually born in Cleveland and he use to follow the Browns casually. I was born in Columbus, though I moved to Chicago at 5 after living in 2 other cities for almost ALL of the other 5 years.

I sort of became a Bengals fan in the early 80's because they had the Griffen brothers and Pete Johnson from the Buckeyes, so it became natural to make fun of the Browns. Add in that I hate the toons have since sometime in the mid-90's and really don't care for the Cavs much either.

I share similar feelings of animosity toward the city of Detroit because not only do they share rivalries with all of my favorite Chicago teams, but they are in that nameless state that us Buckeye fans hate with a passion. Of course the Tigers have been hopeless and hapless for so long that they do not share the same corner of darkness in my heart that the freaking toons do...

I think Sam Wyche summed it up best with his "You don't live in Cleveland, you live in Cincinnati" speech.

Question - Do you think AJ will dot the i after the World Series?

Go White Sox!!!

PS - I am a lifelong Pittsburgh Steeler fan though we don't hate Cleveland - we just pity them.

zach23
09-21-2005, 12:26 PM
I'm with you. I would love to smack the smile off that cartoon Indian's face. I hate that damn laughing indian.

Risk
09-21-2005, 12:30 PM
I'm down. The next question is...pistols or swords?

Risk

voodoochile
09-21-2005, 12:34 PM

Risk

Fists, there are more of us...:cool:

Iwritecode
09-21-2005, 12:37 PM
Fists, there are more of us...:cool:

I get dibs on Outcast. :cool:

24thStFan
09-21-2005, 12:39 PM

Who's with me?

Got you covered, Voodoo. GO SOX!!!

voodoochile
09-21-2005, 12:40 PM
I get dibs on Outcast. :cool:

I'm reminded of that old Letterman NY slogan contest...

"Our city can kick your city's ass..."

mterraza
09-21-2005, 12:50 PM
Damn, HOW I HATE THE INDIANS!!! :angry: .........Although that Major League movie IS still hysterical. :cool:

longshot7
09-21-2005, 12:52 PM
I hate the Indians more than anything else except the Packers and the Cubs. In 97, I went to Comiskey for an Indians/Sox game in early May - lo and behold, there were more Indians fans there than Sox fans - and they were SO DAMN ANNOYING. I wanted nothing more than to punch them all in the face.

It's a good thing Jaime Navarro was on the mound.... oh wait, we lost.

Iwritecode
09-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Damn, HOW I HATE THE INDIANS!!! :angry: .........Although that Major League movie IS still hysterical. :cool:

Watch the second movie. They say the Sox went to the WS in the first movie because they eliminated the Indians in the ALCS. :D:

A_ROW33
09-21-2005, 12:56 PM
Totally supportive, voodoo! And if you can arrange to have Aaron Boone kidnapped and sent to--oh, I don't know, Antarctica?--until the season is over, works for me!

I AM SO HAPPPPPYYYYYY! WOO-HOOO! :gulp:

I'll just invite him to a pickup basketball game :cool:

tlebar318
09-21-2005, 12:57 PM
I'm with you. I would love to smack the smile off that cartoon Indian's face. I hate that damn laughing indian.

I think that it may be close to the stupidest looking logo in MLB today--with you all the way also Voodoo!

kevingrt
09-21-2005, 12:59 PM
No frickin Cle Indian can run through the Sox or us here at WSI. This game is huge and the Sox will show the Indians and the national media what they are made of.

GO GARLAND & GO SOX

Rocky Soprano
09-21-2005, 02:24 PM
Reporting for some ass kicking!

Frater Perdurabo
09-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Voodoo, I've been driving the bandwagon all season. If we have to install tank tracks and ablative armour, and put a bulldozer shovel, a steamroller cylinder and "sharks with laser beams" on the front of it to get the trolls, Cleveland fans, Cubs fans and Billy Corgan lovers out of the way, so be it.

Sox Army, with this guy as our tip of the sword, we can't lose: :supernana:

Let's Roll....

skobabe8
09-21-2005, 02:38 PM
"Nobody--and I mean NOBODY--comes into our house and pushes us around."

Risk
09-21-2005, 02:41 PM
"Nobody--and I mean NOBODY--comes into our house and pushes us around."

Damn straight.:gulp:

Risk

Baby Fisk
09-21-2005, 02:48 PM
Voodoo this thread rocks. What better time to break out the Shakespeare. Gather round everyone for THE ST. CRISPEN'S DAY SPEECH!

The play: Henry V

The scene: the English are about to do battle with France at Agincourt. The English are outnumbered and suffering low morale. Westmoreland approaches Henry, openly wishing they had more men. Henry scoffs and launches into his oration...

WESTMORELAND. O that we now had here
But one ten thousand of those men in England
That do no work to-day!

KING. What's he that wishes so?
My cousin Westmoreland? No, my fair cousin;
If we are mark'd to die, we are enow
To do our country loss; and if to live,
The fewer men, the greater share of honour.
God's will! I pray thee, wish not one man more.
By Jove, I am not covetous for gold,
Nor care I who doth feed upon my cost;
It yearns me not if men my garments wear;
Such outward things dwell not in my desires.
But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.
No, faith, my coz, wish not a man from England.
God's peace! I would not lose so great an honour
As one man more methinks would share from me
For the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more!
Rather proclaim it, Westmoreland, through my host,
That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his passport shall be made,
And crowns for convoy put into his purse;
We would not die in that man's company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.
This day is call'd the feast of Crispian.
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam'd,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian.'
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,
And say 'These wounds I had on Crispian's day.'
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember, with advantages,
What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words-
Harry the King, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester-
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

FORWARD SOX ARMY! YAAAARRRRRR!!!!! :Rocker:

John Barrett
09-21-2005, 03:01 PM
and a tousand pikes were flashing by the rising of the moon!

jackbrohamer
09-21-2005, 03:15 PM
...And if you can arrange to have Aaron Boone kidnapped and sent to--oh, I don't know, Antarctica?--until the season is over, works for me!

Nah let's just have someone else step on him tonight, like the bug he is.

voodoochile
09-21-2005, 03:25 PM
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

FORWARD SOX ARMY! YAAAARRRRRR!!!!! :Rocker:

Maybe the dark clouds have all gone to bed...

I stand up next to a mountain.
I chop it down with the edge of my hand...

akingamongstmen
09-21-2005, 03:46 PM
I've got dibs on the moron with the drum.

For the record, I live an hour away from Cleveland...I'll start swingin' and heading north while you guys back me up. :redneck

voodoochile
09-21-2005, 04:45 PM
I've got dibs on the moron with the drum.

For the record, I live an hour away from Cleveland...I'll start swingin' and heading north while you guys back me up. :redneck

I can see the Cubune story now...

Sox Fans Go on Rampage in Ohio!
Dozens of Helpless Tribe fans have nose flattened!
Canton Ohio - Former OSU Defensive tackle Waylon Bigolboodie never knew what hit him. "I saw this black and silver flash and then my nose exploded. Next thing I know the fists were everywhere. It was awful. I haven't had my ass kicked like that since Cooper got fired. First it was just one guy in a Sox cap and then there were thousands of them wearing 'Hell Yeah I'm a Sox Fan!' t-shirts. I don't know where they came from. It was like a space time conundrum warp speed thingie. It seemed like they were pouring from the hillsides and the noise was awful. I saw one Tribe fan go down and they all started running over him, planting their foot right in the middle of his back while screaming 'Man on the Boone! Man on the Boone!' I have no idea what that means, but they were clearly having way too much fun. I just curled my 380 pounds up in a corner and hoped they would forget about me." At this point the gentle mountain of a man started to wimper.

Sox fans is there no end to their blatant disregard for human life? Flubs fans would never do something so dispicable (see related story, man kills 6 with machete outside of McDonald's at 1100 W. Addison - Another Sox fan gone bad? pg. 13 Classified section.)

In an odd development, Billy Corgan was seen driving an empty bandwagon toward the Ohio border screaming, "I got your back, akingamongstmen! I have always been a Sox fan too. Hate is for losers, (runs over little old lady in a Chief Wahoo sweatshirt) Take that tribe granny... I LOVE CHICAGO!"

Daver
09-21-2005, 04:47 PM

Risk

Elephant guns of course.

:redneck

miker
09-21-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm in!

Can't we just round up the Cleveland baseball team and forcibly resettle them at some wasteland in Oklahoma...oh wait, that's been done before!

Baby Fisk
09-21-2005, 04:54 PM
I can see the Cubune story now...

Sox Fans Go on Rampage in Ohio!
Dozens of Helpless Tribe fans have nose flattened!
Canton Ohio - Former OSU Defensive tackle Waylon Bigolboodie never knew what hit him. "I saw this black and silver flash and then my nose exploded. Next thing I know the fists were everywhere. It was awful. I haven't had my ass kicked like that since Cooper got fired. First it was just one guy in a Sox cap and then there were thousands of them wearing 'Hell Yeah I'm a Sox Fan!' t-shirts. I don't know where they came from. It was like a space time conundrum warp speed thingie. It seemed like they were pouring from the hillsides and the noise was awful. I saw one Tribe fan go down and they all started running over him, planting their foot right in the middle of his back while screaming 'Man on the Boone! Man on the Boone!' I have no idea what that means, but they were clearly having way too much fun. I just curled my 380 pounds up in a corner and hoped they would forget about me." At this point the gentle mountain of a man started to wimper.

Sox fans is there no end to their blatant disregard for human life? Flubs fans would never do something so dispicable (see related story, man kills 6 with machete outside of McDonald's at 1100 W. Addison - Another Sox fan gone bad? pg. 13 Classified section.)

In an odd development, Billy Corgan was seen driving an empty bandwagon toward the Ohio border screaming, "I got your back, akingamongstmen! I have always been a Sox fan too. Hate is for losers, (runs over little old lady in a Chief Wahoo sweatshirt) Take that tribe granny... I LOVE CHICAGO!"
Beauty! :rolling: :cheers: