PDA

View Full Version : PAGE 2 Article....

NardiWasHere
09-20-2005, 03:08 PM
Did anyone read the Scoop Jackson article on ESPN.COM page2? Its the worst thing I've ever read in my life. It makes no sense... half of the article is stolen from a radio skit or somthing and no teams are mentioned. I don't get it. How does this guy have a job?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/050920

Can someone make sense of this for me?

Unregistered
09-20-2005, 03:10 PM
Can someone make sense of this for me?Let me save you the trouble: Scoop Jackson SUCKS.

I'm going to take a wild guess without reading it that it has something to do with race...

did I win? :?:

Flight #24
09-20-2005, 03:10 PM
Did anyone read the Scoop Jackson article on ESPN.COM page2? Its the worst thing I've ever read in my life. It makes no sense... half of the article is stolen from a radio skit or somthing and no teams are mentioned. I don't get it. How does this guy have a job?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/050920

Can someone make sense of this for me?

:?:

Seems to me that a family of monkeys got ahold of a word processor with the "autocomplete" function on........

credefan24
09-20-2005, 03:13 PM
The "writer" if you can call him that, is trying to be cute.

Tiny testicles- small ball, aka the white sox (they stretch their lead to 15 furlongs)
Geronimo's Uprising- Indians
Pa'k D'ah C'ah- A Boston type accent, so the Red Sox
Get the ---- outta here is the Yanks
Moneyball- pretty clear, the A's
Divine Intervention- The Angels
Dolly's Partons''-- Twins maybe?

At any rate, 30 monekys at a typewriter could do better. Wait, I just described ESPNs staff.

NardiWasHere
09-20-2005, 03:21 PM

Tiny testicles- small ball, aka the white sox (they stretch their lead to 15 furlongs)

I knew the Sox had to be Tiny Testicles but didn't see the connection. Dolly Partons? That's a stretch. Ummm, yeah... I read it like three times... What's his point? The playoff race is similar to a horse race? Great Analysis

credefan24
09-20-2005, 03:57 PM
Yeah, he must have been saving that all year, what a maroon.

RowanDye
09-20-2005, 04:06 PM
"What you have just read is a skit. Masterfully created by comedian Leon Rogers and radio producer Kobe Medina. The original version ran on Power 92's (Hammond, Ind.) sports show on Sunday"

Scoop didn't even write this sorry piece of "dramedy". Although comparing the Sox surging first half to a thoroughbred that gets out to a early lead and then falters may not be too far off....

akingamongstmen
09-20-2005, 04:29 PM

At any rate, 30 monekys at a typewriter could do better. Wait, I just described ESPNs staff.

I'm pretty sure that "Tiny Testicles" is a reference to us not having big enough cajones to hold onto our lead...but none of this matters. Scoop Jackson is a disgrace to the writing profession. The only thing that's worth reading on that website is Bill Simmons.

NardiWasHere
09-20-2005, 04:49 PM
The only thing that's worth reading on that website is Bill Simmons.

I love the sportsguy... he is the best sportswriter i have ever read in my entire life.

Paxson93
09-20-2005, 06:29 PM
Yeah, he must have been saving that all year, what a maroon.

Total maroon.
Also, he's also a moron. :D:

buehrle4cy05
09-20-2005, 06:33 PM

You're point is there, that Scoop Jackson, but the argument needs to be explained to me:kukoo:

SOXintheBURGH
09-20-2005, 06:34 PM
:?:

Seems to me that a family of monkeys got ahold of a word processor with the "autocomplete" function on........

"It was the BLURST of times!?"

Mr. White Sox
09-20-2005, 06:53 PM
"It was the BLURST of times!?"

:roflmao: