PDA

View Full Version : The Indians


nut_stock
12-04-2001, 11:00 PM
The Indians will also be without Marty Cordova next year as he signed with Baltimore. The rumor on the Tribe board is The Mets are trying to trade for Alomar and the Cleveland Papers must have said that the Indians were close to getting Brady Anderson.

LOL!!!!!!!

Cheryl
12-04-2001, 11:28 PM
Rumor Central has it the Sox have talked to Anderson too. Please, please, someone make him go to Cleveland. He's another washed up outfielder who the Sox would only have to pay the league minimum to. We all know Reinsdork can't resist a bargain like that.

FarWestChicago
12-04-2001, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
Rumor Central has it the Sox have talked to Anderson too. Please, please, someone make him go to Cleveland. He's another washed up outfielder who the Sox would only have to pay the league minimum to. We all know Reinsdork can't resist a bargain like that. Sad but true, Cheryl.

GASHWOUND
12-05-2001, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Cheryl
Rumor Central has it the Sox have talked to Anderson too. Please, please, someone make him go to Cleveland. He's another washed up outfielder who the Sox would only have to pay the league minimum to. We all know Reinsdork can't resist a bargain like that.

Noway Riensy can be so stupid as to sign Anderson. I don't see it happening. Even if Brady agreed to work for free next year I don't see him coming here. We have enough OF's on this team.

RedPinStripes
12-05-2001, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND


Noway Riensy can be so stupid as to sign Anderson. I don't see it happening. Even if Brady agreed to work for free next year I don't see him coming here. We have enough OF's on this team.

White flag for the tribe? I like it. Square peg management leaves Chicago
:notoons




:reinsy
"I can't milk anymore money out of the state! Now I have to pay for the renovations to the cheap ballpark I chose to build."

Cheryl
12-05-2001, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND


No way Riensy can be so stupid as to sign Anderson. I don't see it happening. Even if Brady agreed to work for free next year I don't see him coming here. We have enough OF's on this team.

We're talking about the same guy who let Harold play last year, you know. Maybe he's not stupid, but he sure is cheap.

Paulwny
12-05-2001, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Cheryl


We're talking about the same guy who let Harold play last year, you know. Maybe he's not stupid, but he sure is cheap.


JR's credo: "I don't believe in stats, show me his contract, that tells me everything".

CubKilla
12-05-2001, 12:40 PM
With as much outfield talent in the Sox organization, I don't see Brady Anderson coming here. But with KW Gm'ing things and the fact that Anderson would probably come pretty cheap, who knows. I can see KW explaining, "We plan on using Brady as our DH behind Ordonez and occasionally platooning him in the outfield." With KW, all things are possible.

FarWestChicago
12-05-2001, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by CubsF'nBlow
With as much outfield talent in the Sox organization, I don't see Brady Anderson coming here. But with KW Gm'ing things and the fact that Anderson would probably come pretty cheap, who knows. I can see KW explaining, "We plan on using Brady as our DH behind Ordonez and occasionally platooning him in the outfield." With KW, all things are possible. Welcome to WSI, CFB! :gulp:

Pete Ward
12-05-2001, 01:19 PM
Maybe KW is going to move Singleton to Texas (who have shown an interest)?

If he moves Singleton he may want a veteran like B.Anderson to play CF until Borchard is ready.

Why cant we have an owner who wants to win? Im really getting tired of this JR make do Sh*t! Lets go out and get what we need, the AL Central is ours for the taking.

I read where the Flubs are going to sign Powell (a LHP). Who are we signing? Oh yeah, I forgot we dont need anything. We just need all those surgically repaired arms to mend before the season begins. Anyone who knows baseball knows those arm surgeries take 1/2 year and longer to come back to full strength. I say sign Karsay before the Yanks get him.

I must be having a BAD day, again. :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

RedPinStripes
12-05-2001, 04:26 PM
:gulp:

This is white sox cool-aid isn't it?