PDA

View Full Version : Radke done for the season?

Flight #24
09-20-2005, 02:14 PM
Per Rotoworld:

Brad Radke may shut it down for the season after struggling last night against thwe A's. ''We will talk about it tomorrow,'' Radke said afterward.
Radke and the Twins had maintained that he'd finish the season, but there's really no reason for him to do so at this point. Radke's shoulder bothers him after he pitches and he hasn't thrown in the bullpen between starts since the All-Star break. It's believed that he's leaning toward retirement awhen his contract expires after next season. Sep. 20 - 9:30 am et
Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune (http://www.startribune.com/stories/509/5624219.html)

I'm not big on cheering injuries, but this ought to be good for the Sox when we play them. Either we'll get a hurting Radke, wo's been hit around a bit of late, or we'll get a(nother) rookie pitcher. I know Baker & Liriano are pretty good, but you'd have to think that the Twinks can't go 3 deep in stud rookie pitchers at this point.

TheOldRoman
09-20-2005, 03:16 PM
It was lost after the horror of last night's game, but with the Twins loss to the Athletics... THEY GONE!
The Twins are officially eliminated from the AL Central race. Their reign is over. You have to give them credit for being the tallest migdet for three years, but when the Indians and us improved, they got worse.
The king is dead. Long live the king.

ma-gaga
09-20-2005, 05:56 PM
I'm not big on cheering injuries, but this ought to be good for the Sox when we play them

yeah.. It'll be interesting to see what they run out there in the next 2 weeks. Silva's done for the year. Radke's done for the year. They'll continue to pitch Johan because he's healthy. They'll probably let Lohse finish up the year. Baker and Liriano get the 3 and 4 slots.

They might throw out old man Mullholland, or if they were smart, they'd let Matt Guerrer get a couple of starts. Hell, they might call up Boof Bosner and let him get in a ML start. Or one of their other AAA arms.

:cool:

hawkjt
09-21-2005, 12:12 PM
Baker is pitching tonite. Litario got lit up last nite for 6 er in 3 innings. He will go on Sunday. So we will get Santana,Lohse,Litario and ?

No radke- yessss
no silva- yessss

I like our chances to deal with all but Johann. We need Brandon to pitch a shutout.

Lip Man 1
09-21-2005, 01:58 PM
Mays has been announced as the Saturday starter.

Lip

ma-gaga
09-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Mays has been announced as the Saturday starter.

Lip

pfft. It figures. I was thinking about this a little last night, "gee. Who will be their #5 starter." Then I took a look at the roster, "hey, Joe Mays is still on the team. [pause]. Awwwwww CRAP!"

The second reason the Twins suck this year: Gardenhire's inability to optimize his roster.

Flight #24
09-21-2005, 05:24 PM
Wow - check the lineup that's battering the beleaguered A's.....

Tyner-Bartlett-LeCroy-Morneau-Cuddyer-Tiffee-Heintz-Punto-Rivas

Murderer's row? Looks more like "Jaywalker's Row" to me........unless you're name's Joe Kennedy!

hose
09-21-2005, 06:22 PM
Shannon Stewart could also be shut down for the rest of the year due to his sore shoulder.

jabrch
09-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Shannon Stewart could also be shut down for the rest of the year due to his sore shoulder.

And they benched Lew Ford at least for a few days for not running out a ball.

Doesn't change the fact that tomorrow is another date with freaking Johan Santana...but what can you do?

doublem23
09-21-2005, 08:18 PM
Doesn't change the fact that tomorrow is another date with freaking Johan Santana...but what can you do?

Win tonight. :cool:

santo=dorf
09-21-2005, 11:53 PM
http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050921&content_id=1218553&vkey=news_det&fext=.jsp&c_id=det

Bonderman is done for the year too.

PAPChiSox729
09-22-2005, 12:16 AM
Win tonight. :cool:

Eh... I guess we are saving it all for tommorrow.

A. Cavatica
09-22-2005, 01:21 AM
Too bad Radke couldn't have been injured in April, when the games didn't count.

hose
09-22-2005, 07:25 AM
http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050921&content_id=1218553&vkey=news_det&fext=.jsp&c_id=det

Bonderman is done for the year too.

That was one guy I hoped the Sox would face before the Tigers put him on the shelf. It was obvious that he wasn't the same pitcher from earlier in the season and was getting tattoed.