PDA

View Full Version : To Anyone Who Thinks the Players Don't Care

Brian26
09-20-2005, 11:42 AM
Look at the unbridled emotion by so many guys last night with the fist pumping and clapping: Everett after the homer...Vizcaino after the long flyball out....Marte after his strikeout....the Indians who crossed the plate on Boone's hit in the 8th....This is playoff baseball.

Droso5
09-20-2005, 11:46 AM
Agreed, well said. These games define who this team is and decide how they will be remembered. There is never a sure thing in baseball, 162 games played till' the end. Looking back at it now, it sounds cliche but it rings true, everygame counts, period.

PatK
09-20-2005, 11:53 AM
Unfortunately, it seems like the Indians care more.

On the radio, Farmio said they were walking around during BP like they owned the place. They need to be set straight.

oeo
09-20-2005, 12:03 PM

On the radio, Farmio said they were walking around during BP like they owned the place. They need to be set straight.

Buehrle is going to come out big tonight, I just have a great feeling about these next two games. This is an ACTUAL "big game", and everyone doubts Mark in "big games"...show them Mark.

Frankly Missing
09-20-2005, 12:06 PM
It's crazy to say these guys don't care. IIRC Konerko dropped to his knees when he popped up last night. The pain was obvious.

I hate losing but I don't hate this team.

ja1022
09-20-2005, 12:08 PM
Look at the unbridled emotion by so many guys last night with the fist pumping and clapping: Everett after the homer...Vizcaino after the long flyball out....Marte after his strikeout....the Indians who crossed the plate on Boone's hit in the 8th....This is playoff baseball.

How about Konerko's reaction as soon as he finished his swing, popping out to end the game.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-20-2005, 12:08 PM

Pfft... consider the source. Farmer spent most of last night sucking on Cleveland's Big Mo.

I truly dread the reality that Farmer will be let off the leash to completely run amok next season after Rooney is gone.
:o:

:farmer
"And you don't even want to know what kind of diatribe I've saved up for the next roadtrip to Toronto!"

PatK
09-20-2005, 12:13 PM
Buehrle is going to come out big tonight, I just have a great feeling about these next two games. This is an ACTUAL "big game", and everyone doubts Mark in "big games"...show them Mark.

Me too. It's do or die time.

Baby Fisk
09-20-2005, 12:14 PM
:farmer
"And you don't even want to know what kind of diatribe I've saved up for the next roadtrip to Toronto!"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/angry_in_t_o/AngryBeaver2.gif
"Bring it on, Farmer O. I'll chew your darn kneecaps off, eh? Maybe I'll even aim higher! You are all hat, cowboy!"

PaleHoseGeorge
09-20-2005, 12:26 PM
The Sox definitely turned it up a notch last night. Garcia struggled with that lineup, but that was DEFINITELY playoff baseball we witnessed last night. It could have gone either way. Marte and Jenks weren't quite good enough last night.

This is some exciting **** and Thank God it's still only September. I'm still confident the Sox will be playing in October. Cleveland's horseshoe finally looks ready to drop out of their ass. They're going to need it for several more weeks.

akingamongstmen
09-20-2005, 12:28 PM
It's crazy to say these guys don't care. IIRC Konerko dropped to his knees when he popped up last night. The pain was obvious.

Ditto.

24thStFan
09-20-2005, 12:38 PM

Welcome to a pennant race. I love the playoff atmosphere. The crowd also sounded very loud on XM radio last night. Keep up the good work, Sox fans!

Brian26
09-20-2005, 12:39 PM
IIRC Konerko dropped to his knees when he popped up last night. The pain was obvious.

How about Konerko's reaction as soon as he finished his swing, popping out to end the game.

Yep, I actually didn't see that until I got home and watched the Channel 7 news at 11:45-ish. By the way, Giangreco had just a little bit too-much of a smile on his face last night for my liking, and the same goes for the Blanzy clown who was reporting live from the Cell. Wipe the smirks off your faces, pansies. The South Side will be in the playoffs.:angry:

BeviBall!
09-20-2005, 12:40 PM

They've expressed frustration better than anyone in baseball. We KNOW they care and anyone who thinks they don't are foolish.

24thStFan
09-20-2005, 12:41 PM

Well said. I totally agree. Go SOX!!!!

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-20-2005, 12:55 PM

I despise losing. I love the White Sox.

PaulDrake
09-20-2005, 01:02 PM
I despise losing. I love the White Sox. Therein lies the pain. It's got nothing to do with being a quitter or a coward. I think this short little post is one of the best ever at WSI.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-20-2005, 01:16 PM
Therein lies the pain. It's got nothing to do with being a quitter or a coward. I think this short little post is one of the best ever at WSI.

No argument here. This isn't the place or time to start talking about what separates Sox Fans from other baseball fans from Chicago, but I've never doubted that a Sox Fan would never label his or her team "Lovable Losers."

However let's not kid ourselves that we have quite a few masqueraders hanging around this joint.
:wink:

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-20-2005, 01:18 PM
No argument here. This isn't the place or time to start talking about what separates Sox Fans from other baseball fans from Chicago, but I've never doubted that a Sox Fan would never label his or her team "Lovable Losers."

However let's not kid ourselves that we have quite a few masqueraders hanging around this joint.
:wink:

No argument...but no underlying intent to do that in my post either.

Baby Fisk
09-20-2005, 01:20 PM
I've never doubted that a Sox Fan would never label his or her team "Lovable Losers."
Quite the opposite. The bitter recriminations over this season are already starting! Losing is for losers and we want none of it.

rm0824
09-20-2005, 02:11 PM
If this is playoff baseball, then I should enjoy it. I don't think we'll see any other kind on the South Side this year, unfortunately. :(:

wdelaney72
09-20-2005, 02:28 PM
The Sox definitely turned it up a notch last night. Garcia struggled with that lineup, but that was DEFINITELY playoff baseball we witnessed last night. It could have gone either way. Marte and Jenks weren't quite good enough last night.

This is some exciting **** and Thank God it's still only September. I'm still confident the Sox will be playing in October. Cleveland's horseshoe finally looks ready to drop out of their ass. They're going to need it for several more weeks.

I'd like to amend this and say the Sox (excluding Freddy and Damaso) turned it up a notch last night. Freddy was not good. He consistently fell behind hitters, leaving him to resort to fastballs over the heart of the plate. Cleveland took adavantage of it. In fact, I think Freddy got off easy. We were lucky they only scored 4 runs off of him. The offense (who I totally agree DID step it up) came in and picked him up just in time for Marte to do his usual "I can't throw strikes to lefties" routine. I've admired Freddy the whole time he's been here, but he let us down last night. Marte... well, he's been doing this for 2 seasons now, so I've gotten used to it.

I agree with the previous post that this IS playoff baseball. Freddy had a chance to prove that he's a bona fide stopper. He failed. Tonight, Buehrle gets a chance to do the same. I can't think of a bigger start in his career. I hope he rises to the occasion. This is this team's chance to put the division away once and for all. The offense sure played like it last night.

PatK
09-20-2005, 02:49 PM
I'd like to amend this and say the Sox (excluding Freddy and Damaso) turned it up a notch last night. Freddy was not good. He consistently fell behind hitters, leaving him to resort to fastballs over the heart of the plate. Cleveland took adavantage of it. In fact, I think Freddy got off easy. We were lucky they only scored 4 runs off of him. The offense (who I totally agree DID step it up) came in and picked him up just in time for Marte to do his usual "I can't throw strikes to lefties" routine. I've admired Freddy the whole time he's been here, but he let us down last night. Marte... well, he's been doing this for 2 seasons now, so I've gotten used to it.

I agree with the previous post that this IS playoff baseball. Freddy had a chance to prove that he's a bona fide stopper. He failed. Tonight, Buehrle gets a chance to do the same. I can't think of a bigger start in his career. I hope he rises to the occasion. This is this team's chance to put the division away once and for all. The offense sure played like it last night.

:dtroll:

just kidding

I agree with you 100%. The Sox showed last night they'll die trying.

Now it's time to WIN!!!

Mohoney
09-20-2005, 02:51 PM
I honestly think that this series is an ALCS preview. Those two teams last night sure looked like the two best teams in the AL to me.

DaleJRFan
09-20-2005, 02:54 PM
I honestly think that this series is an ALCS preview. Those two teams last night sure looked like the two best teams in the AL to me.

I agree with you absolutely 100%. That was an amazing game, Sox loss or not.

Flight #24
09-20-2005, 03:14 PM
Whoever it ends up being, this game is going to put immense pressure on the loser. If the Sox lose, they have to prevent a sweep and being only 1 up in the loss column. If the Tribe loses, they have to win Wednesday to have any hope of the division.

This is what being an ace is all about, I have faith in Buehrle to bring his A game and the rest of the boys to help him scratch out a win.