PDA

View Full Version : David Haugh quotes WSI member

Jjav829
09-20-2005, 08:55 AM
WSI's CrazyOzzie02 was quoted by David Haugh in his piece in the Tribune today, yet he didn't mention the site he took the quote from. :?:

On a White Sox fan message board, 17-year-old Colin Terrill of Chesterton, Ind., spoke for many generations older than his when sharing angst with cyberspace buddies under the handle CrazyOzzie02.

"I am probably going to die of a bleeding ulcer before the season is up," Terrill wrote. "This is way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way too much stress for me to handle right now as I am applying to colleges and studying for my SATs."

Link (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050919soxfans,1,983346.story?page=1&coll=cs-home-headlines)

crazyozzie02
09-20-2005, 12:51 PM
There is an article in the Chicago Tribune today and im mentioned in it. It is talking about die-hard sox fans. Heres the qoute:

On a White Sox fan message board, 17-year-old Colin Terrill of Chesterton, Ind., spoke for many generations older than his when sharing angst with cyberspace buddies under the handle CrazyOzzie02.

"I am probably going to die of a bleeding ulcer before the season is up," Terrill wrote. "This is way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way too much stress for me to handle right now as I am applying to colleges and studying for my SATs."

Heres the link:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050919soxfans,1,6648158.story?coll=chi-sportsnew-hed

Have fun. This is freakin sweet!!!

Cellview22
09-20-2005, 12:58 PM
I saw that! I was about to start a thread on this, and even used the search option for "crazyozzie02" to see if anyone else had mentioned it. :D: Congrats for getting in the Tribune! I was laughing on the train while I was reading that.

Mr. White Sox
09-20-2005, 01:00 PM
I saw that! I was about to start a thread on this, and even used the search option for "crazyozzie02" to see if anyone else had mentioned it. :D: Congrats for getting in the Tribune! I was laughing on the train while I was reading that.

The only problem is, WSI wasn't mentioned. :?:
Still, congrats!:bandance:

crazyozzie02
09-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Thank You one and all. Im still excited that i broke the force field of the Cubune.

my5thbench
09-20-2005, 01:56 PM
by the way crazy....I'm a fellow Hoosier

where the heck is cheestown?

crazyozzie02
09-20-2005, 01:57 PM
Its actually Chesterton Indiana. It is about 45 minutes away from Comiskey and about 20 minutes away from Gary. It is where the Indiana Dunes State Park is. It is right on the lake.

kevingrt
09-20-2005, 02:08 PM
Congrats to the poster, but why would they not mention WSI? Are they not suppose to give credit to message boards at the Trib, or do they hate knowing the White Sox have diehard fans?

crazyozzie02
09-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Congrats to the poster, but why would they not mention WSI? Are they not suppose to give credit to message boards at the Trib, or do they hate knowing the White Sox have diehard fans?

I think that it is a little of both

PaleHoseGeorge
09-20-2005, 02:28 PM

Well you know WSI is not the most friendly place on the internet for the Cubune to be driving traffic, especially when the traffic in question comprises their own readership, dontcha think? I'm pretty sure Don Wycliff and Ann Marie Lipinski break out in hives everytime they visit the main page.
:wink:

There is grudging respect for what this website represents at the Cubune, and it has been expressed to me privately on several occasions by several different credible sources. I just don't want to get them in trouble by revealing who they are.
:redneck