PDA

View Full Version : Last Night Fans - GREAT JOB!

Pulaski
09-20-2005, 08:50 AM
Unfortunately, I was not able to make it to the game last night. I was driving back into the city listenting to the game and could not believe how loud the crowd was at the Cell. That might have been the loudest I have ever heard the crowd on the radio. I was very impressed!!!! Farmer kept saying, "this place is electric!"

I am hoping the crowd level is the same tonight. I will be doing my part in the bleachers. I imagine there will be a lot of walk ups tonight since it is 2-1 Pepsi Night. I did check on the White Sox site and there are a lot of tickets available.

Come on Sox Fans.......TIME TO BRING THE NOISE!

FedEx227
09-20-2005, 08:57 AM
I can guarentee you when today's game is over I will have no voice.

BeviBall!
09-20-2005, 08:59 AM
Unfortunately, I was not able to make it to the game last night. I was driving back into the city listenting to the game and could not believe how loud the crowd was at the Cell. That might have been the loudest I have ever heard the crowd on the radio. I was very impressed!!!! Farmer kept saying, "this place is electric!"

I am hoping the crowd level is the same tonight. I will be doing my part in the bleachers. I imagine there will be a lot of walk ups tonight since it is 2-1 Pepsi Night. I did check on the White Sox site and there are a lot of tickets available.

Come on Sox Fans.......TIME TO BRING THE NOISE!

I'll be there too. Unfortunately, lst night's loss will hurt the walk up. That's fine, we'll be loud regardless.

Chez
09-20-2005, 09:01 AM
I was lucky enough to be there last night. It was one of the best Sox crowds I can ever remember. I'm going again tonight and hope it's just as loud and intense.

Pulaski
09-20-2005, 09:03 AM
I was lucky enough to be there last night. It was one of the best Sox crowds I can ever remember. I'm going again tonight and hope it's just as loud and intense.

I need more cow bell..........

D. TODD
09-20-2005, 09:11 AM
I was there last night, and I will be back tonight. I'm sure the crowd will be big & loud again tonight. Hopefully we will leave the park much louder then last night though.

Brian26
09-20-2005, 09:33 AM

The crowd was electric last night. Kudos to everyone who went.

skobabe8
09-20-2005, 09:37 AM
Anyone who hasnt yet, listen to Farmers home run call on Everett on whitesox.com to get a feel for the atmosphere.

Sad
09-20-2005, 09:37 AM
I was there last night, and I will be back tonight. I'm sure the crowd will be big & loud again tonight. Hopefully we will leave the park much louder then last night though.

I was there also... had a good time, yelled alot, ribbed some Jin Jin fans in front of us who were wearing black & white trying to be low-key (but then applauded everything Cleveland :rolleyes: )

even ate some churro sticks which I never do...

unfortunately not the result we needed...
go get 'em tonite boys!

kaufsox
09-20-2005, 09:39 AM
How do we get Brooks to play the "Go Go White Sox" tune more? That seems to give everybody a lift and by the looks on the opposing teams face they seem to hate it as well. I love that song :D: BTW the crowd sounded awesome last night. Let's keep it up :bandance:

TribeSucks
09-20-2005, 09:40 AM
:troll
"Hey, God gave me this appendage especially to pull it!"

skobabe8
09-20-2005, 09:44 AM
Welcome aboard!

Sorry I wont see you here tomorrow!

spiffie
09-20-2005, 09:45 AM
:DJ

Uh oh!

BeviBall!
09-20-2005, 09:46 AM
:DJ

Uh oh!

DAMN! Beat me to it.

TribeSucks
09-20-2005, 09:47 AM
:troll
The best thing the mods did was ban me before I got a REALLY harsh treatment!

Uncle_Patrick
09-20-2005, 09:58 AM
:dtroll:

slavko
09-20-2005, 11:00 AM
I suppose it was getting around 10 PM, but a lot of folks seemed to head for the exit after Bobby Jenks (or Bobby Hill as the WSI game recap says) gave up the GW hit. Ye of little faith.

Pulaski
09-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Anyone who hasnt yet, listen to Farmers home run call on Everett on whitesox.com to get a feel for the atmosphere.

I just listened to Farmers call (one www.whitesox.com (http://www.whitesox.com/)) of Hot Carl's homer. What does he say at the end? All I can make out it at the end is.........."Sox Lead 5-4, Light it up and ????????"

the_valenstache
09-20-2005, 11:57 AM
I was sitting real close to the field in 136 and - yes, as a whole the crowd was awesome - but almost everyone surrounding my friend and I were sitting silently when it was 4-0. I'm not going to wildly point fingers at types of fans or anything, but I just think you should cheer for every Sox batter when they step to the plate, especially when you're a few rows behind their dugout and with the game as huge as it was. Perhaps season ticket holders are desensitized to the whole enthusiasm for every at-bat thing, but has there been a game as big as last night's all season?

Hell of a job to all of those that got behind the Sox last night, and I hope the enthusiasm stays high for the rest of the season.

SoxFan76
09-20-2005, 12:06 PM
I was there last night, me and my buddy were the hit of section 113. We were by all these old people and young kids, so they weren't too vocal. I'm used to being in the upper deck where all the crazies are. So me and my buddy were screaming and cheering, people loved us. It was the most fun I've had at the ballpark besides Detroit with Crede's 3 run homer. I lost my voice by the 4th inning. That 4 run inning was ELECTRIC. Unreal, the atmosphere was out of control. When they played Living On A Prayer the first time, we were the only ones singing it in our section, then they played it again, and I told my buddy that we just need to sing it as loud as we can. When the big "OH OOH" came up, I couldn't do it and my voice squeaked like none other. :redface:

It was so fun though, too bad Ozzie felt the need to bring Marte in again.

My only complaint, in the bottom of the 9th me and my buddy were standing the whole time. These guys took offense to this and told us to sit down. I told him any other inning I wouldn't have a problem, but this is the BOTTOM OF THE 9TH! We stood up for a little while longer, but ended up sitting down. I'm not one to start any conflicts.

Lip Man 1
09-20-2005, 12:06 PM
"But almost everyone surrounding my friend and I were sitting silently when it was 4-0."

It's called dread.

Lip

Cellview22
09-20-2005, 12:36 PM
Was Hawk joking when he said the crowd was quiet last night? I couldn't tell if he was joking or not, cuz to me it sounded loud as hell.

tacosalbarojas
09-20-2005, 12:43 PM
I just listened to Farmers call (one www.whitesox.com (http://www.whitesox.com/)) of Hot Carl's homer. What does he say at the end? All I can make out it at the end is.........."Sox Lead 5-4, Light it up and ????????"...and go nuts!.

I agree with others on this thread about the crowd. That's as loud as I've heard it in there. Some crowds as good maybe, but none better.

BTW, Brooks said there's over 30,000 for all three games with the Tribe, so maybe we won't need such a large walk-up.

SoxFan76
09-20-2005, 01:04 PM
Was Hawk joking when he said the crowd was quiet last night? I couldn't tell if he was joking or not, cuz to me it sounded loud as hell.

There were times when the crowd was silent. But when we had something to cheer for, it was nuts.

antitwins13
09-20-2005, 01:07 PM
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:gSdmwJKRvg8J:www.mikeward.ca/images/joke/Jon%2520Bon%2520Jovi%25201.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.mikeward.ca/images/joke/Jon%2520Bon%2520Jovi%25201.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.mikeward.ca/source/j_mak1.html&h=304&w=250&sz=50&tbnid=gSdmwJKRvg8J:&tbnh=112&tbnw=92&hl=en&start=13&prev=/images%3Fq%3DBon%2BJovi%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26l r%3D) Once upon a time
Not so long ago

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union’s been on strike
He’s down on his luck...it’s tough, so tough
Gina works the diner all day
Working for her man, she brings home her pay
For love - for love

She says we’ve got to hold on to what we’ve got
’cause it doesn’t make a difference
If we make it or not
We’ve got each other and that’s a lot
For love - we’ll give it a shot

Chorus:
Whooah, we’re half way there
Livin’ on a prayer
Take my hand and we’ll make it - I swear
Livin’ on a prayer

Tommy’s got his six string in hock
Now he’s holding in what he used
To make it talk - so tough, it’s tough
Gina dreams of running away
When she cries in the night
Tommy whispers baby it’s okay, someday

We’ve got to hold on to what we’ve got
’cause it doesn’t make a difference
If we make it or not
We’ve got each other and that’s a lot
For love - we’ll give it a shot

Chorus

We’ve got to hold on ready or not
You live for the fight when it’s all that you’ve got

Pulaski
09-20-2005, 01:54 PM
...and go nuts!.

I agree with others on this thread about the crowd. That's as loud as I've heard it in there. Some crowds as good maybe, but none better.

BTW, Brooks said there's over 30,000 for all three games with the Tribe, so maybe we won't need such a large walk-up.

Thanks for the update. It wasn't very clear coming through the web and the crowd was so loud it was hard to tell. People give Farmer crap, but I like him.

Paulwny
09-20-2005, 01:57 PM
I had trouble receiving AM 1000 last night so I listened to the tribe broadcast.Their comment on the crowd, ~ We've heard that sox fans are not vocal, this is the loudest we've heard any stadium in a long time. The noise level here is almost beyond belief.

Great job to all those who attended the game !!!

ChiSoxGirl
09-20-2005, 02:14 PM
I was on the Fan Deck the whole game for Hangar's birthday party and the dozen or so WSIers who were there for the event were absolutely as charged up for last night's game as I've ever seen people be. For that matter, the whole damn park was simply electric- people screaming so hard they were losing their voices (guilty as charged), dancing on chairs, and celebrating with their White Sox brethren.

I had a feeling at the ballpark last night watching that game like I hadn't had in a long time. I thought last night was the beginning of the end for the Indians... until that hateful 8th inning. :whiner:

robiwho
09-20-2005, 03:15 PM
Wow, what a night! I've never heard the crowd so loud! My brother and I were almost laughing with delight when everyone was going nuts. I couldn't stop smiling.

As far as people leaving early, most of the folks around us who left before the end of the game had kids with them, which was understandable on a school night. I was actually impressed that so many people came out with their families. And even I had a little trouble waking up this morning. :D:
I'm so disappointed that I can't go tonight, but my brother will be there and I told him to cheer super loud for me!

SoxFan76
09-20-2005, 03:31 PM
Wow, what a night! I've never heard the crowd so loud! My brother and I were almost laughing with delight when everyone was going nuts. I couldn't stop smiling.

As far as people leaving early, most of the folks around us who left before the end of the game had kids with them, which was understandable on a school night. I was actually impressed that so many people came out with their families. And even I had a little trouble waking up this morning. :D:
I'm so disappointed that I can't go tonight, but my brother will be there and I told him to cheer super loud for me!

Yeah I definitely didn't wake up for my class......my 11am class :D:

I slept like a baby until noon, but it was worth it. That's what going to the ballpark is all about...even though they lost.

the_valenstache
09-20-2005, 03:33 PM
"But almost everyone surrounding my friend and I were sitting silently when it was 4-0."

It's called dread.

Lip

Don't waste my time with it. Especially when it's that early in the game, sputtering offense or not. Just root for the team.

But I agree with other posters; that 4-run inning was probably the most electric I've seen that place in a long time. Unfortunately, an older man in front of us snubbed my buddy on a high five and he was shocked. Everyone was jumping up and down, and I'm pretty sure my buddy and I are bruised up from smacking each other's backs in exclamation, and we're high-fiving other excited Sox fans when one guy, who also looked excited, turned around. My buddy put both hands up, prepping for a high five when the guy literally looked at him for 3 seconds and just turned back around. :?: Oh well, it was still a great inning.

Cellview22
09-20-2005, 04:03 PM
Don't waste my time with it. Especially when it's that early in the game, sputtering offense or not. Just root for the team.

But I agree with other posters; that 4-run inning was probably the most electric I've seen that place in a long time. Unfortunately, an older man in front of us snubbed my buddy on a high five and he was shocked. Everyone was jumping up and down, and I'm pretty sure my buddy and I are bruised up from smacking each other's backs in exclamation, and we're high-fiving other excited Sox fans when one guy, who also looked excited, turned around. My buddy put both hands up, prepping for a high five when the guy literally looked at him for 3 seconds and just turned back around. :?: Oh well, it was still a great inning.

Sounds awesome! Wish I could've been there. That guy was probably a Cubs fan, and didn't want his friends seeing him too excited giving highfives. I'm going Wed. and expect to give a lot of people highfives after the game. :bandance:

robiwho
09-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Yeah I definitely didn't wake up for my class......my 11am class :D:

I slept like a baby until noon, but it was worth it. That's what going to the ballpark is all about...even though they lost.

Unfortunately, I had to get up at 6:00 -- and I don't think tomorrow morning is going to be any easier! :smile:

wdelaney72
09-20-2005, 04:11 PM
I could tell over telecast that it was a louder, more energized crowd than usual.

Konerkoholic
09-20-2005, 04:11 PM
Yes the crowd was amazing last night. The roar after Carl's homer was the loudest I've heard at the ballpark since Ray Durham singled in Herbert Perry in the 14th inning to beat the Cubs in June of 2000. Lots of chants of Paul-EE, Bob-BY, and LETS GO WHITE SOX. Damned if most of those chants went for naught.

Soxfanspcu11
09-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Yeah i was there last nite and the place was as loud as i have heard it all year, and this was like my 25th game there and even the Cubs series couldnt hold a candle. When Konerko hit his 2 out double the place went through the roof. People jumping on each other, high fiving, yelling, WOW, i get goose bumbs thinking about it! And I cant even believe how depressed everyone seemed to be when Konerko poped up to lose the game, it seemed like we were all at a funeral, and the ramps were DEAD quiet. It was such a rollercoaster of emotions and afterward i didnt even want to drive home, i just wanted to sit there and fall asleep. That drive home was the worst one since game 1 of the 93 ALCS vs Toronto (which the sox lost and jordan threw out the first pitch, and about the 5th inning the rumors started swirling around the stadium that he would be retiring).

But thats over and done with, I'll be there on Wednesday so hopefully we can do it all over again, of course with a different outcome!

CaptainBallz
09-20-2005, 06:01 PM
Aaaaarrrrrghhhhh!! I'm goin to tomorrow's game and I can't freakin wait. The last game I was at was the finale of the Twinks heinous sweep of a tired lookin Sox. To be quite honest, the mood at the Cell was, well....bad.
I know a win tonight guarantees a riled, barbaric crowd tomorrow. I like barbarism. SO WIN TONIGHT, SOX!!!

mike squires
09-20-2005, 10:38 PM
I was on the Fan Deck the whole game for Hangar's birthday party and the dozen or so WSIers who were there for the event were absolutely as charged up for last night's game as I've ever seen people be. For that matter, the whole damn park was simply electric- people screaming so hard they were losing their voices (guilty as charged), dancing on chairs, and celebrating with their White Sox brethren.

I had a feeling at the ballpark last night watching that game like I hadn't had in a long time. I thought last night was the beginning of the end for the Indians... until that hateful 8th inning. :whiner:

Nice meeting you last night ChiSoxGirl, WhiteSoxfanatic, Cheesus, Dump Jerry, Kittle42 and anyone else I might have missed. It was great seeing everyone standing in the lower bowl in a lot of different situations which you don't see a lot. The fans were charged. Hawk said tonight that while Konerko was up it may have been the loudest he's ever heard U.S Cellular field. Is he crazy? The night Bo hit the homer? Ventura's Slam? THe double header against Texas in 93??? Nice cheering on the Sox last night and put some faces to names!

Jerry, if you saw what I called your screen name before this edit, I apologise...total typo. All of you were very cool and (smart!:redface:)

mrs. hendu
09-20-2005, 10:46 PM
I was at the game yesterday and, despite the score, I still had a good time and that was because of the fellow fans. I'd never heard them be that loud! The atmosphere was as good as it could be at a game like that.

mike squires
09-20-2005, 11:25 PM
Hey Labrum~Did you have on a black and blue Carlton Fisk "hawian shirt" on last night. I almost called out to you but would have been embarassed if it wasn't you...