PDA

View Full Version : *unofficial* post Hanger birthday party thread

DumpJerry
09-20-2005, 01:24 AM
Hey guys, it was great seeing everyone tonight. This game was "Core of the Core, Part II." Same game outcome :angry: , but at least this game was more exciting.

Chisoxgirl and I were the only ones at the party until about 7:00 or so, but it was worth the wait. It was good to see Chisoxfanatic, Cheeses (hope your wife is alright, I did not know about her situation until I got home), Hangar (you da man!), Tekijawa, Pinwheels, That Guy on the L, Soxstarter (ok, I bought her ticket), Karen the Lurker, Mike Squires, and a host of others.

I'll send in my pics on Weds to get posted in the photo gallery, I'll post here when they are in.

Happy birthday Hangar, next year we'll win it on your day.

chisoxmike
09-20-2005, 01:30 AM
I looked for you guys, where were you?

DumpJerry
09-20-2005, 01:32 AM
I looked for you guys, where were you?
Fan Deck. We were the noisy ones.

StillMissOzzie
09-20-2005, 01:46 AM
Obviously, NOBODY thought to bring the Dancing 'Nana costume, dooming the Sox!

Happy Birthday Hangar!

SMO
:gulp:

DumpJerry
09-20-2005, 01:48 AM
Obviously, NOBODY thought to bring the Dancing 'Nana costume, dooming the Sox!
Ummmm.....wait until you see the pics.........

mike squires
09-21-2005, 12:36 AM
Hangar was late to his own party! I had to go up there 3 times just to see him. I think I said goodbye to everyone and nice to meet you (I don't know how many times) I couldn't stay away. Finally I brought up my wife and daughter. It was great to see Brooklynne dancing to the GO GO Sox song. She's only 22 months. She also got her first major league ball during BP. Bobby Howry handed her one. Right when the Indians took the field a player came over about 3 seats away from her and just leaned against the rail and looked at her. She certainly gets stares no matter where we go including Indian ball players. Great time guys.

cheeses_h_rice
09-21-2005, 12:39 AM
It was fun when the Sox tied the game at 4 and when Crappy Carl became Crazy Carl again to give them the lead.

It wasn't so fun watching the bullpen implode. Frustrating game, but tonight's win definitely takes some of the sting off.

mike squires
09-21-2005, 01:00 AM
Cheeses, you're 38????!!! You appeared much younger in person. :smile:

Not that 38 is old!

chisoxfanatic
09-21-2005, 01:11 AM
Hangar was late to his own 50th birthday!!! :cool:

Between sitting on the Fan Deck and going down to the bleachers to sit with Kris and Wilkes for a couple of innings (you two are awesome!), it was a good time last night.

Oh, and Hangar's "special guest" didn't even attend!!! What gives?! :D:

mike squires
09-21-2005, 01:14 AM
I missed Wilkes? Or did he not come up? Or as he there and I just not see him?

chisoxfanatic
09-21-2005, 01:16 AM
I missed Wilkes? Or did he not come up? Or as he there and I just not see him?

Kris was up there in the Fan Deck; but, Wilkes never came up. They were in the middle of Section 163.

whitesoxwilkes
09-21-2005, 07:07 AM
Kris was up there in the Fan Deck; but, Wilkes never came up. They were in the middle of Section 163.

Sorry I missed you, Squires...wanted to talk Wilco with you.

Unfortunately I was in a mood most foul and stayed in my seat sulking all night.

Hangar18
09-21-2005, 08:25 AM
Yeah guys, it was fun hanging out. Kittle42's dark-cloudesque humor was
pretty hilarious. Hadnt seen Pinwheels and Squires in a while, so glad everyone came out, and the Tshirts were courtesy of an anonymous Lurker from Miller Lite, Tastes great, less filling. The special guest was a member
of the SOX front office, but he had a media interview that lasted pretty long. :cool:

cheeses_h_rice
09-21-2005, 12:12 PM
Cheeses, you're 38????!!! You appeared much younger in person. :smile:

Not that 38 is old!

39, actually, and thanks!

:redface:

DumpJerry
09-29-2005, 01:41 PM
Hey everyone: I could not figure out how to upload the pics, so I sent them to Daver. Hopefully they will be in the Gallery soon!

mike squires
09-29-2005, 01:49 PM
you the man!

DumpJerry
09-29-2005, 01:51 PM
you the man!
Naw....that title belongs to Contreras!

Hangar18
09-29-2005, 02:44 PM
Also have to mention........a few "Lurkers" also made an appearance, so
thanks to you guys too

mike squires
09-29-2005, 03:56 PM
Naw....that title belongs to Contreras!

I was actually referring to Bob (Dumpjerry) Hangar!:D:

SoxandtheCityTee
09-29-2005, 10:24 PM
Also have to mention........a few "Lurkers" also made an appearance, so
thanks to you guys too

You're welcome. But I lurketh no longer. Someone at Core of the Core liked my Tshirt and suggested I use that name to register, and I did.

chisoxmike
02-07-2006, 10:15 PM
I'll send in my pics on Weds to get posted in the photo gallery, I'll post here when they are in.

Well, DumpJerry sent me the pics today and they're posted. Better late than never....

Anyway, great photos Bob! They look great. Makes me wish I took a trip over to see you guys.

-Mike

chisoxfanatic
02-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Well, DumpJerry sent me the pics today and they're posted. Better late than never....

Anyway, great photos Bob! They look great. Makes me wish I took a trip over to see you guys.

-Mike

But you didn't, so you missed out on Henry's "special guest." :tongue:

And, no, it was not a pre-appearition of the Trophy, fyi!

mike squires
02-07-2006, 11:43 PM
Thanks a lot Bob and Mike! I now actually have a pic of me here besides the one of me flexing! :) The shot of me with the giant scoreboard in the background kind of has a melancholy feel if you knew the circumstances. The Sox were in that downward spiral and I believe only 1 1/2 games in first after that loss to Cleveland. Looks like I'm contemplating jumping over the rail. DumpJerry came over and showed it to me and said, "That about says it all." Brooklynne had been having a great time. I looked over at one point on the fan deck and she was dancing to the GO GO Whitesox fight song. Right before that shot of Hanger, Brooke and myself, she had just pinched her finger in her stroller. It was still a fun night. It was great to meet Chisoxgirl, Kittle, Chisoxfanatic, Cheeses and it had been enarly 5 years since I had seen Hanger. Luckily, Joe came through the next night that turned things around. Thanks for posting them guys.