PDA

View Full Version : Crede

soxrme
09-19-2005, 09:46 AM
I missed the pregame stuff and was going back & forth with the Bears, but was anything said about why Crede didn't play. Or was this another of those rest times that Ozzie loves. I know Blume played well but he is hitting .198.

ChiSoxGirl
09-19-2005, 10:35 AM
I missed the pregame stuff and was going back & forth with the Bears, but was anything said about why Crede didn't play. Or was this another of those rest times that Ozzie loves. I know Blume played well but he is hitting .198.

During his interview with John Rooney in the pregame show yesterday, Ozzie said Crede's average against Lohse was something around .150, which is why he was held out of the lineup.

Jjav829
09-19-2005, 11:02 AM
During his interview with John Rooney in the pregame show yesterday, Ozzie said Crede's average against Lohse was something around .150, which is why he was held out of the lineup.

That makes no sense. Konerko is just as bad (even a little worse) against Lohse and he played. After yesterday's 0-2 against Lohse, Konerko is now 6-48 in his career against Lohse. Crede is 5-33. So why sit Crede, who has been on fire of late, because he struggles against Lohse, but leave Konerko, who has been awful lately, in there to face Lohse? :?:

veeter
09-19-2005, 11:07 AM
I think Ozzie caught a big break here that Blum played good in the field. Crede is always going to give the great 'D', so why not stick with him. Crede is on fire at the plate, Blum playing IMO was a mistake.

TomBradley72
09-19-2005, 11:21 AM
That makes no sense. Konerko is just as bad (even a little worse) against Lohse and he played. After yesterday's 0-2 against Lohse, Konerko is now 6-48 in his career against Lohse. Crede is 5-33. So why sit Crede, who has been on fire of late, because he struggles against Lohse, but leave Konerko, who has been awful lately, in there to face Lohse? :?:

He still has two herniated discs in his back....playing on the turf...with a big series coming up against Cleveland probably was a factor as well.

Banix12
09-19-2005, 12:37 PM
On an unrelated note, who thinks he needs to go back to the sideburns and shave that junior high goatee off his chin.

lumpyspun
09-19-2005, 12:48 PM
Actually, I think he needs to go back to being clean cut again. The sideburns looked ridiculous and the goatee is no better....He needs to get back to a Chris Mullin type look. Also, I'm not sure why, but his uniform looks a few sizes too big on him...anybody else seem to think that?

rdwj
09-19-2005, 01:33 PM
On an unrelated note, who thinks he needs to go back to the sideburns and shave that junior high goatee off his chin.

I don't care how he wears his facial hair if he's hitting and playing that excellent D we're used to seeing!

wdelaney72
09-19-2005, 02:11 PM
He still has two herniated discs in his back....playing on the turf...with a big series coming up against Cleveland probably was a factor as well.

That makes no sense. Konerko is just as bad (even a little worse) against Lohse and he played.

While I'm hardly one of the many FOPK on this site, Knoerko and his 37 HR make him a little different scenario than Joe Crede.

Mohoney
09-19-2005, 02:58 PM

He's hitting. I say leave the goatee alone!