PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready for us?????

OutcastRadio
09-18-2005, 06:41 PM
No, I mean it.....are you ready for us?

Hey guys, best of luck this week. Winner of this series has the upper hand, clearly. Just wanted to poke my head in here and wish you luck.

There's about a dozen or so of you in here who are old friends, and these are the times when YOU KNOW we have the most fun. So have fun and I'll talk to you all sometime next week.

Unfortunately for me, I'll be in job training for the next two weeks in Columbus, most likely unable to watch the games as closely as I have been all year. Just when the HUGE series begins, I can't watch it.....sigh.

See you soon, and ignore the trolls and Jay Mariotti. Neither knows jack about baseball.

Your favorite Tribe fan,
OutcastRadio

Oh, and PHG....:happybday

Daver
09-18-2005, 06:43 PM
I ask that question back at you, seeing as the Tribe is 3-10 against the Sox this season.

:)

Jurr
09-18-2005, 06:49 PM
Remember this?

http://www.detnews.com/pix/2005/04/05/sports/s005-alrdp-0405n_04-05-2005_3057MNS.jpg
We do....it's a picture from game 1 of the year. A 1-0 shutout. Oh, yeah. We led off the second half with another 1-0 shutout. It doesn't matter what part of the season it is. You still have to come back to your daddies and take your ass whuppin'. Bring on gas can Howry, Jhohohony Perralta, and that hat to the side garbage Sabathia (though we won't face him).

It's go time.

OutcastRadio
09-18-2005, 06:52 PM
I ask that question back at you, seeing as the Tribe is 3-10 against the Sox this season.

Seriously here....do you think the current Sox team is playing like the Sox team from the first 100 games of the year?

Because I sure as heck think my Tribe is a different team since then.

3-10. Not pretty for us. But I do think this is a different team now than it was then....and if I'm wrong, we don't deserve the division.

Chips
09-18-2005, 06:52 PM

And in one of those wins Shingo self destructed and gave up three solo shots in the 9th. As far as I am concerned, we own you.

:notoons:

Jurr
09-18-2005, 06:56 PM
Seriously here....do you think the current Sox team is playing like the Sox team from the first 100 games of the year?

3-10. Not pretty for us. But I do think this is a different team now than it was then....and if I'm wrong, we don't deserve the division.
Hey..the Sox were floundering the last time they met Cleveland...we had just been handed our jocks by Oakland. Nothing cures what ails you like a series vs. the Toons.

Daver
09-18-2005, 06:57 PM

No they're not, and the Jndjans are better, but the bullpen is still the same bullpen that could not stop the Sox 10 out of the first 13 tries.

It's going to come down to who's pitching holds up the best under pressure.

OutcastRadio
09-18-2005, 06:58 PM
Remember this?

We do....it's a picture from game 1 of the year. A 1-0 shutout. Oh, yeah. We led off the second half with another 1-0 shutout. It doesn't matter what part of the season it is. You still have to come back to your daddies and take your ass whuppin'. Bring on gas can Howry, Jhohohony Perralta, and that hat to the side garbage Sabathia (though we won't face him).

It's go time.

I remember it.

Do you remember this?

http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/images/2005/04/07/CBBW2M6o.jpg

It's from Game 3 of the season. Why is it important?

You had taken us to the woodshed ALL series, and you thought you had it all won. But you turned your back on us thinking it was wrapped up, and we struck back. We scored 3 runs in the 9th inning on you that day and added another 6 in the 11th inning, sending you to an 11-5 loss.

Take that game as a potential lesson, encapsulating the entire season. If you turn back around quickly enough, we might not be able to strike back enough to overtake you. But if you're not ready, that game will be a small example of a lesson that will last a long long time.

OutcastRadio
09-18-2005, 06:58 PM
Hey..the Sox were floundering the last time they met Cleveland...we had just been handed our jocks by Oakland. Nothing cures what ails you like a series vs. the Toons.

Actually, you had just had three days off before the last time we met. It was after the All-Star break.

OutcastRadio
09-18-2005, 06:59 PM
It's going to come down to who's pitching holds up the best under pressure.

Yep, it sure is. That's what the playoff chase and atmosphere is all about.

Gotta go run a few errands. I'll check in later tonight, guys. Again, best of luck!

PaleHoseGeorge
09-18-2005, 06:59 PM

You sound just like Sox Fans at WSI back in 2003 when Minnesota came to town. "That was before. Everything is different now..."

We'll see... we'll see...

Howry and Wickman are still in *your* 'pen, right? I'm sure hoping so.
:cool:

(Oh, and thanks for the birthday wishes. It's been a good one.)

MRKARNO
09-18-2005, 07:04 PM
we don't deserve the division.

Exactly!

(Who doesn't love taking quotes out of context?)

Jurr
09-18-2005, 07:05 PM
I remember it.

Do you remember this?

You had taken us to the woodshed ALL series, and you thought you had it all won. But you turned your back on us thinking it was wrapped up, and we struck back. We scored 3 runs in the 9th inning on you that day and added another 6 in the 11th inning, sending you to an 11-5 loss.

Take that game as a potential lesson, encapsulating the entire season. If you turn back around quickly enough, we might not be able to strike back enough to overtake you. But if you're not ready, that game will be a small example of a lesson that will last a long long time.

Fair enough. I do remember that game. We blew that one, much like we blew that game against KC last week. However, I want to introduce you to someone.
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_408057.jpgMeet big bad Bobby Jenks. He's that guy that's going to throw two fastballs right by your faux heroes and then buckle their asses with an 86 mph yakker. Bring on your boy Wickman..we'll try to offer him some form of "moisturizer" before we lay it on him again.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-18-2005, 07:53 PM
I remember it.

Do you remember this?

I was at that game - It was a Thursday day game in April. Shinjo gave up three homers in the ninth. He is long gone. Vizcaino was our last pitcher in the bullpen - Chris Widger was warming up.

Those days are gone. Our bullpen is stronger. It will be a good series - Enjoy!

Jurr
09-18-2005, 08:33 PM
Man...Shingo was a walking heart attack this year for us. I'm so glad those days are over. Between Billy Koch and the '05 Shingo, I've had enough closer anxiety to last several years.

shes
09-18-2005, 09:19 PM
Winner of this series has the upper hand, clearly.

Er, not quite. If the Toons take 2 of 3 the Sox are still up 2.5 games w/ 11 to go.

Even if you guys sweep we're still in good shape, at the top of the division.

And if the Sox win the series, which they should, it's all but over.

Good night, and good luck.

Palehose13
09-18-2005, 10:38 PM
Er, not quite. If the Toons take 2 of 3 the Sox are still up 2.5 games w/ 11 to go.

Even if you guys sweep we're still in good shape, at the top of the division.

And if the Sox win the series, which they should, it's all but over.

Good night, and good luck.

I was just getting ready to post this, so thanks for saving me the time.

A stupid scrub fan today boasted to me "The Indians are gonna take 4 of 6". I laughed and said, "Let them. Where does it put them? That's right...in second place by 1.5 games." the Sox have the upper hand and I think our boys are ready to show you what division champs look like. :cool:

Ol' No. 2
09-18-2005, 11:20 PM
No they're not, and the Jndjans are better, but the bullpen is still the same bullpen that could not stop the Sox 10 out of the first 13 tries.

It's going to come down to who's pitching holds up the best under pressure.This is what really has me perplexed. Statistically, the Indians have the best bullpen in baseball. Yet the Sox have teed off on these guys all year long.:?:

harwar
09-19-2005, 09:00 AM
Well.the tribe has been beating almost everyone and they seem unstoppable.
Of course we must remember that they haven't played the White Sox for quite some time.
The indians are about to be taken down a notch or two.
Also,i'm not one of those guys that hates the indians.
I watched them so much in the 90's,firmly believing that you should know your enenmy,that it became a habit and i watch them a lot still.
Anyway,like manning & sanders said the other day,"this upcoming White Sox series is going to be some fun'.
I think that our side will be having the most fun.

BeviBall!
09-19-2005, 09:02 AM
This is what really has me perplexed. Statistically, the Indians have the best bullpen in baseball. Yet the Sox have teed off on these guys all year long.:?:

Just like everyone in the league destroys Mike MacDougal and Jeremy Affeldt and we can't. Some teams have trouble or have no trouble with certain folk. Makes no sense.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-19-2005, 09:13 AM
Just like everyone in the league destroys Mike MacDougal and Jeremy Affeldt and we can't. Some teams have trouble or have no trouble with certain folk. Makes no sense.

Yep. Oakland sure seems to have our number every year, don't they? But we're suppose to dismiss the 10-3 record the Sox enjoy over Cleveland because that was before and this is now.
:?:

Sorry. If Cleveland is so damned good, they'll have to prove it to me over the next six head-to-head games. So far they haven't shown me jack.

Foulke You
09-19-2005, 10:42 AM
This is what really has me perplexed. Statistically, the Indians have the best bullpen in baseball. Yet the Sox have teed off on these guys all year long.:?:
Yep, and the one guy in that Tribe pen who gave us the most trouble, Arthur Rhodes, is no longer with the team due to a family illness. I'm NOT happy that someone in Arthur's family has health problems but it is certainly very fortunate for the Sox that one of the toughest bullpen lefties in the AL won't be with the Indians for the remainder of the season.

4th Gen. Sox Fan
09-19-2005, 11:47 AM
Sorry. If Cleveland is so damned good, they'll have to prove it to me over the next six head-to-head games. So far they haven't shown me jack.[/QUOTE]

amen to that

HITMEN OF 77
09-19-2005, 11:51 AM
Cleveland still remains the mistake by the lake.