PDA

View Full Version : Apologize NOW!!!

gobears1987
09-18-2005, 07:25 PM
This is the thread where you apologize to the players you counted out at the beginning of the year only to prove you wrong.

First and foremost, 99% of us need to apologize to this man.
:jon
Garland, sorry for calling you Judy and a bust. You proved us all wrong this year.

:dye: JD, sorry for counting you out in April. I think most of us need to apologize to you. I picked you up on my fantasy team in May, so that shows I did get faith in you and you did awesome.

:credeCrede, I'm not apologizing here, you sucked. I bashed you and was sadly right. Now go out there the rest of the year and prove me wrong. Please become Mr. October and make us apologize to you as we did JG and others we bashed.

Daver
09-18-2005, 07:41 PM
I have no need to apologize to Jon Garland.

:redneck

PaleHoseGeorge
09-18-2005, 07:44 PM

Nor do I. I thought he would be the best #5 in the league.

:redneck:redneck

gobears1987
09-18-2005, 07:46 PM
Nor do I. I thought he would be the best #5 in the league.

:redneck:redneckI still love when Daver was putting in the PTC threads tunder Garland's picture that those who called him Judy could kiss his ass.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-18-2005, 07:52 PM
I still love when Daver was putting in the PTC threads tunder Garland's picture that those who called him Judy could kiss his ass.

I never called Garland "Judy" and I personally banned at least one poster who was too impressed with himself for repeatedly using the stupid name.

I felt upgrading 3B was the easiest way to improve the Sox offense and I believe this is still the case today. However I will say Joe Crede has made more than his share of plays in the field, so he partially compensates for his weak stick.

I never gave much thought to Dye one way or another, except to note last May that he would lose his everyday RF job when Frank returned unless he started to hit -- which he did. Otherwise he has done pretty much what I expected.

Jurr
09-18-2005, 07:53 PM
I picked the Sox to win 91 games and get the wild card. Sorry, guys.

The biggest loser on the pitching staff, in my prediction, was going to be JC with 15. God bless that man and whatever sports psychologist got him going. :elduque: "I'll take credit for that...by far my biggest contribution to the Sox in the second half!"

DrCrawdad
09-18-2005, 08:02 PM

Where do I start? Well, I'd apologize to Kenny. I've been on Kenny's (butt) so I'd have to apologize to him. Then, Jose Contreras. Jose has been damn impressive, and underappreciated outside of White Sox World.

Madvora
09-18-2005, 08:05 PM
Contreras deserves a big apology.

Daver
09-18-2005, 08:12 PM
I never called Garland "Judy"

I beleive you preffered the term Rockhead.

:)

SouthSide_HitMen
09-18-2005, 08:16 PM
I never called Garland "Judy" and I personally banned at least one poster who was too impressed with himself for repeatedly using the stupid name.

He didn't happen to be this idiot

http://www.sportsradio1300.com/images/2004jockphotos/jim_rome150.jpg was he?

BTW - Happy BD - A White Sox winner was a good start to it.

EDIT - Forgot my two apologies:

Kenny for doubting him with the Contreras & Podsednik deals (though I liked what he did with Lee & Mags $ for AJ, Dye, Iguchi, Hermanson).

Contreras for talking smack about him and then enjoying a great season.

antitwins13
09-18-2005, 08:17 PM
I'm gonna apologize to http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_425840.jpg I'm sorry I said u wouldn't make the Knights grounds crew at the beginning of the season.

kittle42
09-18-2005, 08:22 PM
I don't think we need to apologize to any of them.

SOXSINCE'70
09-18-2005, 08:51 PM
I've got to agree with Daver and the older posters on this board.
If the Sox want an apology from me,after 34 years (and counting)
of "wait till next year" and "next year" watching the team stink
up the city,I owe no apologies to anyone.Yet.
Win the damn division and a playoff round.Hell,win a
playoff game at home,for cryin' out loud.THEN I MAY think
about apologies.Until then,to paraphrase the infamous
"Soup Nazi" on "Seinfeld",

"No apologies for you!!"

Soxfest
09-18-2005, 10:26 PM
I will never apoligize JG is back to being .500 after good start

ilsox7
09-18-2005, 10:28 PM
I will never apoligize JG is back to being .500 after good start

Go take a look at his 2nd half numbers. VERY similar to his first half numbers.

Joosh
09-18-2005, 11:07 PM
I need not apologize to Garland. I had one of those gut feelings that we were smart for keeping Garland, as I thought he would have a career year this year. And he did. I also said we were smart for keeping Crede, and I still stick by what I said. I also believe El Duque would be good for us, and I also stick by that.

I wasn't sure about Jermaine Dye, and I will apologize for not having faith in him. I also was unsure about signing Pierzynski, but I am completely sold on him and would like to see him play for us for a few more years.

RallyBowl
09-19-2005, 12:59 AM
I'm pretty sure my record would show I've never bashed anyone. But nonetheless, there are apologies to be made.

First off, BMac (no picture)- I'm sorry I had irrational expectations your first time up. You are awesome, keep up the good work.

:vizcaino:
I'm sorry I thought you sucked. And I'm afraid to admit it, but for some reason I thought for a short while that you used to play for the cubs. I hated that about you.

:kmarte
I'm sorry I had kind of just given up on you. I have always thought you could be one of the best, but just thought you might be done for.
Keep up the good work, and you are once again, the man.

:hurt
This one is a long time coming. There was a point in my life when I was a little younger and a pretty angry person. Frank, I took out a lot of that frustration on you. I said some terrible things. I meant them at the time, but I was young and foolish. Now, a little older and a little wiser, I realize that your feats are great and your peers are few. I was never in your shoes. I never knew what is was like to be you. I had no right to condemn you and be so harsh.

I'm sorry, Frank.

It is true that you don't know what you've got till it's gone. We all wish you were here right now. This is a great time to be a fan of a franchise that you onced ruled. Hopefully, your old teammate Ozzie and the guys can help bring you that ring this year, the one that you deserve. Get well soon Frank, we are gonna need you next year.

CHISOXFAN13
09-19-2005, 01:47 AM
Contreras deserves a big apology.

After a game in early July, I told a buddy that I would not spend another time to watch the Cubans pitch.

I apologize to Jose Contreras. That money will be well spent if he is on the bump in game one 16 days from now.

santo=dorf
09-19-2005, 02:27 AM
Sorry Neal.
I figured the Sox needed a least one young arm to step it up this year and I thought Adkins would be the man. I'm glad Jenks and Cotts have taken it to the next level. :cool:

I didn't think Hermanson would be this good, and I still get a great laugh at the thread of when we signed him.

Dan H
09-19-2005, 07:29 AM
I don't feel the need to apologize to any of them. I never give players degrading nicknames and treat all players with respect when I am at the ballpark. I admit I had little faith in Garland and Contreras so my hat is off to them. However, after over 40 years of rooting for the Sox and seeing only sporadic success, it is hard to have confidence in players until they prove themselves.

wdelaney72
09-19-2005, 09:25 AM
No apologies from me, either, but I will retract my previous cricisms of Jose Contreras. He and Brandon McCarthy have been the only bright spots on an otherwise dark and gloomy second half.

harwar
09-19-2005, 09:33 AM
I was backing Garland and C. Lee back when it was not cool to do so.
Lee is gone but i think that J.G. is going to come up HUGE in the post-season.
The only thing that i'm sorry about is that when i heard that Ozzie was hired as manager,even though i loved the guy as a player,i called him an "inexperienced moronic blabber-mouth' and for that i apologize.

Mickster
09-19-2005, 09:49 AM
I never called Garland "Judy"......

Nope. Just Rockhead. :redneck

PaleHoseGeorge
09-19-2005, 10:19 AM
Nope. Just Rockhead. :redneck

Garland always had major league stuff but never had the head to use it effectively. It was filled with rocks. Lots of people wanted him shipped out. That wasn't me.

My theory was simple. Fill the rotation with competent pitchers and shove Jon Garland into a "do or die" position. That's exactly what the Sox did, making Garland the fifth starter last March.

Garland could easily have wound up in the bullpen, just like El Duque appears to be headed right now. However once challenged, Garland responded.

My theory worked. You can thank me next month.
:redneck :redneck

jerry myers
09-19-2005, 04:50 PM
Im sorry jose, you stuck it out and im thankful.

Mohoney
09-19-2005, 05:03 PM
My apologies are to Garland, Cotts, and Contreras, in that order.

As for coaches, my apology goes out to Don Cooper. 13th in the AL in ERA last year, 4th in the AL this year.