PDA

View Full Version : Carl Everett seen using an Ipod during batting practice.

MikeKreevich
09-18-2005, 05:59 PM
While listening to the XM radio feed of today's Sox game, I heard the Minnesota broadcaster state that he couldn't believe that Ozzie Guillen was letting Everett listen to an IPOD while taking his swings in batting practice. He went on to say that he had never seen this before. Anyone else have a problem with this? Anyone want to venture a guess as to what Carl was listening to.
Maybe the audio version of "The Dummy's Guide to hitting a curveball"?

Unregistered
09-18-2005, 06:00 PM
What's the big deal? It's batting practice. Maybe he's trying to pump himself up before the game.

Non-issue.

soxfan26
09-18-2005, 06:02 PM
Non-issue.

Except in Minny where the baseball season is all over but the :whiner:

bafiarocks03
09-18-2005, 06:03 PM
yah so what..it's batting practice he can do whatever.

akingamongstmen
09-18-2005, 06:14 PM
If it lights him up before the games, I don't care if he listens to the Spice Girls.

DaleJRFan
09-18-2005, 06:19 PM
Probably listening to the Police:

Fifty million years ago
You walked upon the planet so
Lord of all that you could see
Just a little bit like me
Hey Mr. Dinosaur
You really couldn't ask for more
You were God's favourite creature
But you didn't have a future

SOXSINCE'70
09-18-2005, 06:20 PM
Anything to get him to start hitting with authority again.

NON-ISSUE

D. TODD
09-18-2005, 06:32 PM
People pick the sillyest things to worry about. Enough with how they warm up, and wear their hats, as long as Carl is ready to preform, let him take batting practice listening to whatever he wants to.:whocares

hose
09-18-2005, 07:30 PM
:everett:

"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the veteran player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game last it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that? Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do but we're talking about practice. We're talking about practice man. We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about practice. When you come to the park, and you see me play, you've seen me play right, you've seen me give everything I've got, but we're talking about practice right now."

alohafri
09-18-2005, 08:03 PM
It is an old golfer trick...trying to get some kind of rhythm in your practice and keep it going during the round (or game as the case may be).

No one will probably see this post since I'm sure IT will be moved too.

PAPChiSox729
09-18-2005, 08:15 PM
Except in Minny where the baseball season is all over but the :whiner:

Good point. They do need something to talk about.

Jurr
09-18-2005, 08:22 PM
It is an old golfer trick...trying to get some kind of rhythm in your practice and keep it going during the round (or game as the case may be).

No one will probably see this post since I'm sure IT will be moved too.
They've been attributing Juan Uribe's new swing rhythm (and subsequent power surge) to the same thing.

MarySwiss
09-18-2005, 08:24 PM
[QUOTE=MikeKreevich]Anyone want to venture a guess as to what Carl was listening to.
?/QUOTE]

The soundtrack from "Jurassic Park?"

CPditka
09-18-2005, 09:38 PM
He's been doing this for a month plus...he was doing it @ Boston for that series...

But yeah

NON-ISSUE

Jjav829
09-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Who cares? I've never seen a baseball player doing it, but it's very common for football players to listen to their Ipods while warming up before the game. Ditto for basketball players.

Palehose13
09-18-2005, 10:35 PM
While listening to the XM radio feed of today's Sox game, I heard the Minnesota broadcaster state that he couldn't believe that Ozzie Guillen was letting Everett listen to an IPOD while taking his swings in batting practice. He went on to say that he had never seen this before. Anyone else have a problem with this? Anyone want to venture a guess as to what Carl was listening to.
Maybe the audio version of "The Dummy's Guide to hitting a curveball"?

I listen to my iPod from when I get into the lovker room at 4 until kickoff at 7. the only time I take it up is for team warm ups which isn't very long. It pumps me up and keeps me from listening to the crap music that some of my other teammates listen to in order to pump them up. I don't see how this is an issue. If he was listening to his iPod during the game, that would be another matter, but he isn't doing that. Carl is a focused, team player. whatever he needs to do to get pumped for the game is fine with me.

TheOldRoman
09-19-2005, 12:30 AM
This is a complete non issue.

Why didn't the media make an issue out of Manny Ramirez' sunglasses? For at least one game, he wore a pair of Oakleys that have a built in mp3 player and headphones. He told Francona that he took the batteries out, but there is only one problem - they dont run on batteries, they charge up. If loveable crazy Manny can listen to songs during a game, Carl can do it in BP.

Lorenzo Barcelo
09-19-2005, 12:36 AM

Why didn't the media make an issue out of Manny Ramirez' sunglasses? For at least one game, he wore a pair of Oakleys that have a built in mp3 player and headphones. He told Francona that he took the batteries out, but there is only one problem - they dont run on batteries, they charge up. If loveable crazy Manny can listen to songs during a game, Carl can do it in BP.

ESPN made a huge deal about it! Thats all they talked about for 3 straight days(along with him going into the Monster around that time too).

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-19-2005, 08:13 AM

Remember, Ramirez plays for the Red Sox. Had that been a Cub or Yankee, it of course would have been big news.
If it were the WHITE SOX, Brantly would have said Jose Guillen couldn't control Carl Spengler or Jim Everett and that the team was spiralling out of control.

bennyw41
09-19-2005, 08:55 AM
Are Ipods in the Bible?

wdelaney72
09-19-2005, 09:41 AM
Are Ipods in the Bible?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/wdelaney72/CaddyshackCarl.bmp "He got all of that one!"

Nicely, done, bennyw41!

PatK
09-19-2005, 09:42 AM
Think he was listening to Dinosaur, Jr.?

antitwins13
09-19-2005, 01:16 PM
Yeah I saw Crazy Carl using one of those Ipods during BP in Kansas City. Anyways...Non-issue

rm0824
09-19-2005, 01:21 PM
Audio version of Tom Emanski's instructional video?