PDA

View Full Version : Pre series: a tip of the cap to Cleveland

A. Cavatica
09-18-2005, 04:28 PM
Back in midsummer, the Sox crossed the +100 threshold for runs scored/runs allowed. The Indians were nowhere near.

As of today the Sox are only +86 (686/600) and the Jndians have climbed to +126 (720/594). It's no wonder the lead has closed so much. I always expected Cleveland to outscore us, but for their pitching staff to have allowed fewer runs than ours is the real story.

Hats off to Cleveland, they've had a great run. They've made the season much more interesting, and Wedge deserves to beat Ozzie for manager of the year.

Now let's bury them.

Unregistered
09-18-2005, 04:34 PM
http://www.unemployeddemocrats.com/shop/images/246.JPG Specifically Cleveland.

Corlose 15
09-18-2005, 04:46 PM
http://www.unemployeddemocrats.com/shop/images/246.JPG Specifically Cleveland.

A tip of the cap to you sir.:D:

gf2020
09-18-2005, 05:15 PM
Wedge deserves to beat Ozzie for manager of the year.

All right, I grudgingly agreed with everything you said until this point. But are you nuts? Why? Because of the fantastic second half? Well, if they had played even average ball the first month, this insane spurt wouldn't be necessary. And despite all they've done, they still might not make the playoffs. Plus, I think to a man, the national sports media and most fans would say they have better talent than us.

And if only there was a way to see what would happen if Wedged managed against Ozzie....

Oh wait, here's the White Sox Head to Head Record with Cleveland, thus far:
10 wins - 3 losses

A. Cavatica
09-18-2005, 05:47 PM
'cause Ozzie seems to be losing control of his team. And because of all the Timo Perez at-bats.

PAPChiSox729
09-18-2005, 08:19 PM
'cause Ozzie seems to be losing control of his team. And because of all the Timo Perez at-bats.

And say the Sox knock Cleveland out of both the division and Wild Card races. The Sox ride into the playoffs on a hot streak. Who deserves the award then? Even though there are only 14 games left, it is still too early to say who deserves the award.

Jurr
09-18-2005, 08:27 PM
Yeah..these next 6 head to head games will be so scrutinized, the manager of the year in the AL will be won there.

Ol' No. 2
09-18-2005, 11:36 PM
'cause Ozzie seems to be losing control of his team. And because of all the Timo Perez at-bats.Yeah. If Ozzie was any kind of manager the Sox would be in first place looking down at the Indians instead of trying to catch them.

mike squires
09-18-2005, 11:49 PM
Ok, let's tip our cap to them and then promptly show them the door.

Banix12
09-19-2005, 12:01 AM
They have my respect. Looked awful early on, got really healthy hitting and pitching wise during the interleague play and went on a tear since then.

I guess Eddie Murray was the problem.

nodiggity59
09-19-2005, 12:56 AM
Cleveland is a much more talented team than we are offensively, defensively, and in the pen. And Ozzie is not losing control of his team, he's managing it. Look at how he brought Marte into line. Look at how Hermanson and Duque have unselfishly taken lower roles. A lot of that has to do with the player, but the manager sets the tone. The only guy who seems to be way out in left field is Buerhle, by Mark's always been a queer bird. I love that Ozzie's calling out Freddy for tomorrow's start. Basically, Ozzie's been telling these guys it's time to man up for the last 2 weeks. I hope they do it.

Wedge seems ok but the real star of the Indians is Shapiro. Their lineup is absolutely stocked and they're all young. That team is well put together.

SOXfnNlansing
09-19-2005, 12:59 AM
I think Cleveland, Houston, and Oakland have done a fantastic job coming back from brutal starts. On the other hand, how would you like to be a fan of the Orioles or Nationals?

Banix12
09-19-2005, 02:17 AM
I think Cleveland, Houston, and Oakland have done a fantastic job coming back from brutal starts. On the other hand, how would you like to be a fan of the Orioles or Nationals?

Orioles yes, fans of that team should be taking to wearing paper bags after all the embarrassment from the second half.

Nationals no, they were nothing special when they were the Expos, they added a couple new players some good (Jose Guillen) and some awful (Christain Guzman) but nobody anybody thought would be a huge difference maker. All that and they are still technically in the playoff hunt with a couple of weeks to go. All without any team ownership.

Even if the Nationals don't go to the playoffs there has been a lot to be excited about in Washington.

voodoochile
09-19-2005, 10:48 AM
**** CLEVELAND!

Instead of a tip of the hat, I'll be glad to stick out my tongue grab my crotch and flip the bird.

GO SOX!

Hangar18
09-19-2005, 10:59 AM
Yeah..these next 6 head to head games will be so scrutinized, the manager of the year in the AL will be won there.

I agree, whomever wins the series, deserves manager of the year.
This is a very good division we play in ........ despite what the Media said all along