PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Howry bashes White Sox & Sox Fans

SouthSide_HitMen
09-18-2005, 12:17 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1127044946117590.xml&coll=2&thispage=1

Sox (and fans) unraveling
Bobby Howry doesn't know why Chicago is wobbling in its attempt to win the American League Central wire-to-wire. He does have an idea how their fans are reacting.

Howry pitched for the White Sox from 1998 through 2002.

"I'm sure the die-hards are going crazy, but if the fans are the same as when I was there, the majority probably don't care," said Howry. "I noticed early in the season they weren't packing them in." .....

when you look at where their stats are in hitting, it's not that good......
__________________________________________________ ________________

If the White Sox didn't have enough motivation, I am sure Howry's comments will.

Optipessimism
09-18-2005, 12:20 PM
Besides the part about the majority of fans not caring, he pretty much nailed it right on the head. We're not hitting and Scott isn't running.

Unregistered
09-18-2005, 12:22 PM
:gascan

Who gives a **** about Bob Howry?

SouthSide_HitMen
09-18-2005, 12:24 PM

Who gives a **** about Bob Howry?

I usually wouldn't but I can't believe this idiot is talking smack before the series. The White Sox are going to make his sorry team pay and I hope they taunt his sorry ass all series and then at the end of the season when we knock these punks out of the wild card to add insult to injury.

MarySwiss
09-18-2005, 12:26 PM
Oh, goody! Bulletin board material. Let's have more!

jerry myers
09-18-2005, 12:30 PM
Let the fights begin!

HotelWhiteSox
09-18-2005, 12:32 PM
Ironic/Funny how a Cleveland Indian is talking about another team's attendance

Oscar_Gamble
09-18-2005, 12:35 PM
If it takes bulletin board material to get us motivated we are in serious trouble. Why couldn't we get motivated to sweep the Royals last week?

Lip Man 1
09-18-2005, 12:39 PM
In an AP story Cliff Lee said basically the same thing about the players.

Lip

jerry myers
09-18-2005, 12:39 PM
crowd going crazy. indians getting bood. foot stomping. big wild crowds. a couple fights. sox fired up by the unbelievable fans going crazy the whole game. howry eats crow! LETS DO IT!

RallyBowl
09-18-2005, 12:40 PM

Yeah, from what I heard they're not exactley packing them in either. Oh, and Bob- It's not that we didn't care. It's that we didn't care about you.

I hope this quote ****ing clownshoes isn't done talking. Like someone else said, bulletin board material. He'll have plenty of time to talk after Oct. 2nd, when his sorry ass is at home with the rest of those douchebags.

jerry myers
09-18-2005, 12:41 PM
Ironic/Funny how a Cleveland Indian is talking about another team's attendancethats true and very funny.

fquaye149
09-18-2005, 01:05 PM
If it takes bulletin board material to get us motivated we are in serious trouble. Why couldn't we get motivated to sweep the Royals last week?

ok:?:

Soxzilla
09-18-2005, 01:09 PM

:rolleyes:

Screw Bobby Howry. Seriously. If he were with the White Sox right now, he'd be in AAA most of this year.

antitwins13
09-18-2005, 01:19 PM
Hey bulletin board material always helps fire the boys up

MarySwiss
09-18-2005, 01:26 PM
Dont'cha just love the way all these knuckleheads are suddenly authorities on how Sox fans think?

Hey, we don't all think alike, but at least we THINK!

Well, most of us do. :rolleyes:

DrCrawdad
09-18-2005, 02:08 PM

2005 Average Home Attendance
White Sox 28,691
Cleveland 24,248

DrCrawdad
09-18-2005, 02:12 PM

? :dtroll: ?

SouthSide_HitMen
09-18-2005, 02:12 PM
2005 Average Home Attendance
White Sox 28,691
Cleveland 24,248

This isn't / shouldn't be about attendance. It is about Howry saying we don't care and the White Sox can't hit. Howry will pay the next few weeks - possibly his last two in the majors. I'm glad Kenny Williams was able to dump him off to the Red Cubs and they ate a majority of the $3 mil he received in 2003 - 04. He was lucky to be picked up by the Toons.

DrCrawdad
09-18-2005, 02:21 PM
This isn't / shouldn't be about attendance...

I'm just setting out the facts.

I hope we kick the Toons (butts).

shes
09-18-2005, 02:42 PM
http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_118377.jpg

"Who is Bob Howry?"

----------------------

Seriously, who cares? The guy is a nothing. He's just asking to get lit up--and he will.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-18-2005, 02:44 PM
I'm just setting out the facts.

I hope we kick the Toons (butts).

I understand - I just don't want anyone banned over it.

flo-B-flo
09-18-2005, 03:32 PM
Bobby Howry?? The Sox will surely hit his sorry ass. Hey asshead I'm one of those fans that cares. Just like when you were on the Sox and you were sucking and I still cared.

RadioheadRocks
09-18-2005, 03:34 PM
Attaboy, Howry... fire us up!!!

harwar
09-18-2005, 03:43 PM
What Howry said is pretty much nothing.
Now the indians tv guys have been running their mouths all weekend about how much fun their going to have in Chicago.
They seem to think its going to be easy to just roll through and win all three games.
They were talking about how the White Sox series is just in the way and that they will be clinching the division soon.

MarySwiss
09-18-2005, 03:50 PM
What Howry said is pretty much nothing.
Now the indians tv guys have been running their mouths all weekend about how much fun their going to have in Chicago. They seem to think its going to be easy to just roll through and win all three games.
They were talking about how the White Sox series is just in the way and that they will be clinching the division soon.

Well, they're insane. Probably from drinking all that Lake Erie water. :cool:

Hitmen77
09-18-2005, 03:57 PM
Someone should clue in Howry on the fact that the Sox are outdrawing the Indians. For some reason, the "A" word is only an issue for the Sox. Everyone conveniently ignores stats like this below when it involves other teams:

(rank) 24Cleveland (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=cle)(total)1,794,413(avg.) 24,248(pct. capacity) 55.9

soxjim
09-18-2005, 04:01 PM
Hope that fires them up. I hope we rock him and anyone else wedge puts on the mound.

Hitmen77
09-18-2005, 04:03 PM
How about this shocking stat from today.

Stadium: Jacobs Field, Cleveland, OH
Attendance: 22,654 (52.2% full)

Indians are totally on fire. Beautiful Sunday afternoon at "perfect" Jacobs Field. Where are the "where are the fans?" stories? I guess the Trib and the national media only selectively raise this issue for the team they hate: the Sox.

Mots09
09-18-2005, 04:54 PM
Hey Bobby keep running your mouth little buddy.. . Come into the Cell and your whole teams asses are going to be red after we lay the smack down on you 3 games in a row...:angry:

hose
09-18-2005, 05:03 PM
I take it Howry is banned from posting now.:D:

tstrike2000
09-18-2005, 05:33 PM
I liked Bob Howry as a person, but when he remembers fans not caring he's got the wrong side of town. We don't talk on Cell phones, get drunk and then urinate in and on the ballpark. Anyway, Howry had two pitches, fast and faster. I remember Howry in 2000 giving up a game tieing or winning home run against the Devil Rays after throwing fast ball after fast ball.

DC Sox Fan
09-18-2005, 06:56 PM
:ozzie
"Who the **** is bobby howry? He's just another Jnjun ****. He thinks he has some enemies, no he has a ****load of them. He doesn't know how many ways Sox Army can **** him over."

PaleHoseGeorge
09-18-2005, 07:01 PM
:ozzie
"Who the **** is bobby howry? He's just another Jnjun ****. He thinks he has some enemies, no he has a ****load of them. He doesn't know how many ways Sox Army can **** him over."

LOL! Good one!!!

:thumbsup:

Fred Manrique
09-18-2005, 07:10 PM
Screw Bobby Howry. Seriously. If he were with the White Sox right now, he'd be in AAA most of this year.

6-3, 2.42 ERA, hasn't given up an earned run since August 2nd? Minor leagues for the Sox? I think I would take that in the middle of our bullpen.

DrCrawdad
09-18-2005, 07:11 PM
LOL! Good one!!!

:thumbsup:

If I had a seat by the visitors bullpen for any of the upcoming games against the Toons I might get tossed for hurling insults at Howry.

...On second thought maybe I shouldn't. The last time I harassed a visiting pitcher was '99, the Sunday night game against the Cubs. When Tracsel (sp?) was warming up I berated him and was lead away from the bullpen by security. Tracsel went on to dominate the Sox that night.

santo=dorf
09-18-2005, 07:48 PM
If I had a seat by the visitors bullpen for any of the upcoming games against the Toons I might get tossed for hurling insults at Howry.

...On second thought maybe I shouldn't. The last time I harassed a visiting pitcher was '99, the Sunday night game against the Cubs. When Tracsel (sp?) was warming up I berated him and was lead away from the bullpen by security. Tracsel went on to dominate the Sox that night.

I was told to leave after talking **** to Nate Robertson (they were actually comments about Craig Monroe) last time the Tigers were in town.

Realist
09-18-2005, 09:44 PM
I know it'll probably slow the game up immensely, but Jenks needs to run/canter/lumber from the mound out to the Cleveland bullpen when Howry is warming up and then climb the fence and fire a 100 mph ball at Howry's earhole. That'd be kinda cool, wouldn't it?

:)

SouthSide_HitMen
09-18-2005, 10:08 PM
I was told to leave after talking **** to Nate Robertson (they were actually comments about Craig Monroe) last time the Tigers were in town.

They are pretty strict there with security in the bullpen and in the fan area all game. They will give you one warning and then they will pull the trigger. Some teams didn't mind the razzing but the Twins complained and people were tossed pretty quick. Could be an empty section this week after security has cleared all the hecklers. I don't mind the banter but people should keep it respectable.

chitownhawkfan
09-18-2005, 10:52 PM
http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_118377.jpg

"Who is Bob Howry?"

----------------------

Seriously, who cares? The guy is a nothing. He's just asking to get lit up--and he will.

Damn, beat me to it!

ScottsdaleSoxFan
09-18-2005, 10:55 PM
You mean the Bobby Howry who always ****ed up out of the pen when he was on this team? That Bobby Howry? :smile: Who cares what he says.

davenicholson
09-19-2005, 08:03 AM
Been on the road for work (shout out to the Arlington/DC area!), and without internet access. It's good to see the fans fired up--I'm not getting much detail from the Washington Times, but it's good to check in hear and hear the noise! Go Sox and WSI!

wdelaney72
09-19-2005, 09:44 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/wdelaney72/Cliff_MattDillon.jpg "This negative energy just makes me stronger!"

veeter
09-19-2005, 09:58 AM
This whole year I've been thinking to myself, Bobby Howry anchors that bullpen? When he was here, Manual would bring him in with a 5 to 3 lead. The first thing that moron would do, was walk the lead-off man. He did that 70% of the time. Then the walls would cave in. I've never seen such unprofessionalism in my life. That jamoke talking smack? Give me an f-in break. GO SOX!!!!!

voodoochile
09-19-2005, 10:23 AM
You mean the Bobby Howry who always ****ed up out of the pen when he was on this team? That Bobby Howry? :smile: Who cares what he says.

Yes, THE Bobby Howry who caused WSI to load the following graphic onto the server...

After all, EVERY baseball website needs pictures of gas cans, right? :rolleyes:

DaleJRFan
09-19-2005, 10:26 AM
**** Bobby Howry.

Hangar18
09-19-2005, 12:04 PM
"I'm sure the die-hards are going crazy, but if the fans are the same as when I was there, the majority probably don't care," said Howry. "I noticed early in the season they weren't packing them in." .....

when you look at where their stats are in hitting, it's not that good......

Hey Bobby, I noticed early on in the season you guys werent packing them in either ........

PaleHoseGeorge
09-19-2005, 12:13 PM
Don't let anyone kid you about what kind of town Cleveland is. It's a Browns town. Always was and always will be. The Indians are strictly a diversion for when the Browns aren't playing.

I lived in Ohio in the mid-90's and I can tell you nobody gave a **** about the Indians until AFTER Art Modell announced he was taking the Browns to Baltimore (October, '95). Then all the sudden I couldn't give my Browns seats away and I had everyone pounding on my door for tickets into still-new Jacobs Field. The early novelty of the ballpark was transformed by the Tribe becoming the only game in town.
:o:

It was Modell moving the Browns that led to all those sellouts at Jacobs Field. Don't kid yourself otherwise.

You've seen how empty their ballpark has been the last few years. The NFL expanded back to Cleveland and everything is back to normal: everyone talking about the Browns while the Tribe plays in front of empty seats.

In other words, Bob Howry is a complete ****ing bozo.

Lip Man 1
09-19-2005, 12:33 PM
I ask for George's indulgence in this comment since it is tied to Howry's comments.

I don't see what the issue is for Howry and for that matter the media which again today in two of the three papers that I read on-line brought up the attendence issue.

The Sox are averaging almost 29,000 per game. God only knows how high the attendence increase is. I remember when they were lucky to average 20,000 per game. The fans have started to return. The K.C. series keeps getting brought up....why is it so difficult for some folks to understand that it was the Royals, it was the middle of the week and school just started?

You ask Brooks Boyer and I'm sure he's got a smile on his face from ear to ear about the Sox drawing around 2.3 million with seven more home games plus (hopefully) a few more games due to the post season in Chicago.

Simply amazing about some folks and attendence.

Lip

tacosalbarojas
09-19-2005, 12:55 PM
The Sox are averaging almost 29,000 per game. God only knows how high the attendence increase is.
Even if God did know, the Trib would find a way to cover it up (and ask Bob Howry inane questions about Sox support). Of course, I guess it could be worse...it could be another Greg Couch article on why we're cursed by black socks. Sigh.

Lip Man 1
09-19-2005, 01:02 PM
Taco:

I don't think Couch said we were 'cursed.' I enjoyed the story. It was an interesting historical look at a rather inane question.

Lip

tacosalbarojas
09-19-2005, 01:08 PM
Taco:

I don't think Couch said we were 'cursed.' I enjoyed the story. It was an interesting historical look at a rather inane question.

LipFair enough, but weren't there more pressing things to write about? I mean take your pick - Herm/Jenks, Duque, our this coming series in general, I could go on and on. Ah, I guess it really is more fun for folks to look for the arcane. I just thought it was a bit odd. Now I ask again, who would hide our attendance gains from God! McGrath, George Knue, or Marie Ann Lipinski?

beckett21
09-19-2005, 01:21 PM
Don't let anyone kid you about what kind of town Cleveland is. It's a Browns town. Always was and always will be. The Indians are strictly a diversion for when the Browns aren't playing.

I lived in Ohio in the mid-90's and I can tell you nobody gave a **** about the Indians until AFTER Art Modell announced he was taking the Browns to Baltimore (October, '95). Then all the sudden I couldn't give my Browns seats away and I had everyone pounding on my door for tickets into still-new Jacobs Field. The early novelty of the ballpark was transformed by the Tribe becoming the only game in town.
:o:

It was Modell moving the Browns that led to all those sellouts at Jacobs Field. Don't kid yourself otherwise.

You've seen how empty their ballpark has been the last few years. The NFL expanded back to Cleveland and everything is back to normal: everyone talking about the Browns while the Tribe plays in front of empty seats.

In other words, Bob Howry is a complete ****ing bozo.

I went to school in Cleveland from '92 to '96, and it is most definitely a Browns town. Absolutely 100% correct.

Baseball there was a joke up until the Browns left town, and the Indians coincidentally became WS contenders and got a new stadium.

Hitmen77
09-19-2005, 01:44 PM
The Sox are averaging almost 29,000 per game. God only knows how high the attendence increase is. I remember when they were lucky to average 20,000 per game. The fans have started to return. The K.C. series keeps getting brought up....why is it so difficult for some folks to understand that it was the Royals, it was the middle of the week and school just started?

That's was makes me furious - the media has been silent about the big crowds the Sox have been drawing all summer since late May. Then the middle of the week/school night series against KC comes up and the "A" word suddenly becomes a big headline.