PDA

View Full Version : Per Dick Shawn

LostInLeftField
09-18-2005, 01:24 AM
The Sox finish the season 99 and 63, winning 10 of their last 15 games..

The Indians finish the season 89 and 73, losing 11 of their last 14 games..

TheOldRoman
09-18-2005, 01:35 AM
:?:Who the **** is Dick Shawn?!

I hope he is right!

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-18-2005, 01:42 AM

I hope he is right!

seriously...:?:

skobabe8
09-18-2005, 02:04 AM

I hope he is right!

You mean you don't know good ole' Dick Shawn?!

LOL

Erik The Red
09-18-2005, 02:34 AM
Dick Shawn? As in the guy who played L.S.D. in The Producers? He's been dead for about 20 years.

itsnotrequired
09-18-2005, 04:12 AM
Dick Shawn = robot warrior.:rolleyes:

Seriously, who is this guy?

TornLabrum
09-18-2005, 09:22 AM

I hope he is right!

He was the beatnik actor in the movie version of "The Producers." He's been dead for years, so he's making those predictions from on high.

SOXSINCE'70
09-18-2005, 08:42 PM
I don't know about the 'Toons losing 11 of their last 14,
but it would be nice to see the Sox take 4 or 5 of these 6
games against them and shut up the bastards on ESPN once
and for all.I made the mistake of watching BBTN tonight.
I'd like to tell John Crook (it should be Kruk,but after the
way his career ended with the Sox,Crook is a better term)
to get a friggin' clue.Again,he has to bring up the dreaded
"A" word.PUH-LEEZ!!:angry: :angry:

MarySwiss
09-18-2005, 09:10 PM
Dick Shawn was a very funny man who died much too young. IIRC, he had a heart attack while doing live standup and, tragically, nobody realized what was happening until it was too late. He was, as Torn mentioned, LSD in the movie version of "The Producers," IMO the funniest movie ever made. He also played Ethel Merman's airheaded surfer son in another comedy classic, "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World."

But I really would like the original poster to explain what he has to do with the Sox winning or losing because I have no idea! :?:

Jurr
09-18-2005, 09:30 PM
Sometimes, those dead folks know what they're talking about!

Ravishing Rick Rude woke me up last year and told me (through writing on a fogged mirror) that I should pick up Larry Johnson in my fantasy league. He helped me win the title last year. It happens.:redneck

Erik The Red
09-19-2005, 01:59 AM
He was, as Erik mentioned, LSD in the movie version of "The Producers," IMO the funniest movie ever made.

Fixed. :wink:

TheOldRoman
09-19-2005, 02:22 AM
I don't know about the 'Toons losing 11 of their last 14,
but it would be nice to see the Sox take 4 or 5 of these 6
games against them and shut up the bastards on ESPN once
and for all.I made the mistake of watching BBTN tonight.
I'd like to tell John Crook (it should be Kruk,but after the
way his career ended with the Sox,Crook is a better term)
to get a friggin' clue.Again,he has to bring up the dreaded
"A" word.PUH-LEEZ!!:angry: :angry:
Yeah, even the Indians players are talking trash about our attendance.
We are averaging almost 5k more a game then they are, but why doesn't the national press talk about how horrible Indians fans are?
The obvious answer it, the Indians dont have an in town rival owned by a national media conglomerate who uses lies, half-truths, and yellow journalism to brainwash fools that attendance is more important than winning.
**** Kruk.
**** Brantley.
**** the Cubune.
Lets bring it home this week.

SOXPHILE
09-19-2005, 11:06 AM
Dick Shawn was a very funny man who died much too young. IIRC, he had a heart attack while doing live standup and, tragically, nobody realized what was happening until it was too late. He was, as Torn mentioned, LSD in the movie version of "The Producers," IMO the funniest movie ever made. He also played Ethel Merman's airheaded surfer son in another comedy classic, "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World."

But I really would like the original poster to explain what he has to do with the Sox winning or losing because I have no idea! :?:

"It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" was one of the funniest movies ever made IMO. Whenever it's on (usually on late night T.V.) I try to watch it. Seriously though, besides being Ethel Merman's spaced out surfer son, Dick Shawn was also a baseball expert, and before his death, predicted this wild 2005 season for the White Sox....

Tekijawa
09-19-2005, 11:42 AM
He was the beatnik actor in the movie version of "The Producers." He's been dead for years, so he's making those predictions from on high.

Then maybe he heard God on his cell phone in the Airport, up there, calling in the FIX! Now should I Cell, I mean sell?

NardiWasHere
09-19-2005, 12:20 PM

Springtime for Guillen