PDA

View Full Version : First Time in the Dome

zach23
09-17-2005, 06:34 PM
I saw my first game in the dome today. Got a trip to Minnesota and tickets to today's game and tomorrow's as a birthday gift from my wife. My brother and I got to witness the loss today. When we got these tickets a month ago we were hoping this could be the clinch weekend. Oh well, so much for that.
To me, the dome is worse than it looks on tv. We sat down the third base line and had to watch the game with our heads turned toward home the whole time. Tomorrow we sit down the first base line so at least the other side of my neck will hurt instead. The ball is real hard to pick up when it goes up into the lights and the white ceiling. Before today's game they did a wedding ceremony for 83 couples, so there was no batting practice. The whole thing was extemely stupid. Sorry, but the game was already starting at a dumb time for a college football game, why dealy things for a wedding ceremony. Walking to the park at 9 A.M. was very strange.
We are staying in the same hotel as the Sox, and we rode the elevator with Anderson and McCarthy and saw Ozzie and Joey Cora in the morning. Said hi to Ozzie, but he didn't seem very happy. We also saw A.J. in the hotel bar after the game and he looked like he was ready to kill someone. A bunch of the othe guys, Carl, Freddy, Ozuna, Willie Harris, were sitting in the lobby joking around when we came down to go to dinner. We asked Carl if Ozzie was in a better mood and he said, "Who knows, go ask him."
Had a nice dinner at a Japanese steak house and will soon head out to some bars to drown out the loss. I hope tomorrow to have more to cheer for at the game. I uploaded a few pictures to the gallery.

zach23
09-18-2005, 02:27 AM
Hit the bars in Minneapolis. If you are ever up here try out the "Local". Nice Irish bar and I had too many Bushmill martinis. Smoked a good cigar with my brother while walking around town. Glad I was walking back to the hotel and not driving. I hope I am in shape to make the game at 1:00PM later today. Tried to eat some greasy food, but the stuff up here doesn't compare to back home.
I met some Twinks fans at the bar while wearing my Sox gear and we had some good conversations about baseball in general. I told them all the places to eat and all the good things about the Cell if they ever come down for a visit.
Go Sox! Contreras is gonna make us all happy tommorrow.

itsnotrequired
09-18-2005, 03:06 AM
Hit the bars in Minneapolis. If you are ever up here try out the "Local".

I have a good friend who works at the Local. Great bar.

mweflen
09-19-2005, 09:31 AM
I went to sunday's game. Sat close to some good Sox fans in the UD behind home plate. I was the guy rooting on Goeff Blum, if any of you were up there.

The Hubert H. Hefty Cinch Sack-Dome is a dump. Man, it makes you wonder how people can poo-pooh Comiskey so vigorously.

Max Power
09-19-2005, 02:52 PM
I was at the game on Friday night, it was my first time in the dome too. To be honest I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would. It was very bland and sterile, which I assumed it would be. I liked how they tried to give it some color with all the Twins banners of great players and championship seasons. The scoreboards/ribbon boards are decent for stats/info but since they're all around the upper deck facade it can be hard to find what you're looking for. The main scoreboards were weak. The PA and the PA announcer were horrible! You could barely understand what he was saying and one time I swear he announced Paul Konerko as "Scott" Konerko!
On the plus side: it was clean and I got an outfield tickets, hot dog and pop for $20. Also, we parked 2 blocks from the stadium for $5! Oh, and the Sox won!!!