PDA

View Full Version : Bonds Planning To Lose 28 LBS for '06

Unregistered
09-17-2005, 05:50 PM
How incredibly convenient. :rolleyes:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2164465

His bum right knee no longer allows it. He is carrying a few extra pounds around his middle and vows to spend the offseason bringing his playing weight down from more than 228 pounds to about 200.

"I'm going to be skinny," said Bonds, who weighed 185 pounds as a rookie in 1986 but has not been near 200 for many years.

samram
09-17-2005, 05:53 PM
Maggs should take some advice from Bonds on how to use a knee injury to his advantage.

buehrle4cy05
09-17-2005, 05:53 PM
I guess he'll have to tell his trainer to stop giving him flaxseed oil now.

ChiWhiteSox1337
09-17-2005, 07:19 PM
That's a bit odd. He decides to get "skinny" after 19 years in the MLB and 704 home runs??? Strange, but I guess the bum knee is a good reason to drop the weight.

SoxFan76
09-17-2005, 07:36 PM
I hate Barry Bonds, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's older, and his knees can't carry all that weight anymore.

shes
09-17-2005, 07:52 PM
Just like Sosa, Giambi, I-Rod and the rest of those bums just "decided" to drop a truckload of weight, despite being immensely successful after bulking up.

I'm sure this has absolutely nothing to do with Steroids. It's all just a glorified witch hunt, after all.

TornLabrum
09-17-2005, 07:58 PM
Just like Sosa, Giambi, I-Rod and the rest of those bums just "decided" to drop a truckload of weight, despite being immensely successful after bulking up.

I'm sure this has absolutely nothing to do with Steroids. It's all just a glorified witch hunt, after all.

Yeah, just ask Mike and Mike. Bonds has never admitted to using steroids, according to them. So any accusations are just conjecture. We should give him, but not Giambi, the benefit of the doubt.

And of course this has nothing to do with the fact that ESPN has been on the Bonds bandwagon for years.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-17-2005, 08:02 PM
I hate Barry Bonds, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's older, and his knees can't carry all that weight anymore.

That's nuts. Bonds has already publicly stated he is hanging around specifically to break Hank Aaron's career homerun record. You don't hit more homeruns by making yourself skinny!

Furthermore Bonds has already admitted to a grand jury he took steroids, albeit mistakenly thinking it was flaxseed oil. Now he expects us to believe the weight loss is simply to preserve his knees? The man is a joke.

If I were Barry Bonds I would plan to hit all my homeruns inside Pac Bell Park and hide inside the dugout everywhere else. That's because the boobirds that will haunt him everywhere else will make Rafael Palmiero's current troubles with the fans look positively tiny by comparison.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-17-2005, 08:04 PM
Will it be 28 lbs of head mass?

http://www.actionexhibit.org/imgs_props/beetlejuice.jpg

New cap size 5 3/8. Steroid enhanced frame still intact.

Brian26
09-17-2005, 09:11 PM
That's a bit odd. He decides to get "skinny" after 19 years in the MLB and 704 home runs??? Strange, but I guess the bum knee is a good reason to drop the weight.

Let's give the guy some just due. I'd say he was skinny in 1986 to approx 1988. So, 16 years :D:

voodoochile
09-17-2005, 10:08 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You were trying to be funny right?

OHMIGAWD! This is hilarious. Go for it Barry... I'd hate to see you damage your knees... You freaking cheater...:rolleyes:

Pasqua's UPS Man
09-17-2005, 10:12 PM
I'm sure the local SF Balco/GNC franchise will have the
the right medication for him

Jjav829
09-18-2005, 11:54 AM
His bum right knee no longer allows it. He is carrying a few extra pounds around his middle and vows to spend the offseason bringing his playing weight down from more than 228 pounds to about 200.

"I'm going to be skinny," said Bonds, who weighed 185 pounds as a rookie in 1986 but has not been near 200 for many years.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Yeah, we all believe that's the reason why you're gonna lose 28 pounds, Barry. Barry's next announcement:

http://a.abclocal.go.com/images/kgo/kgo_022404_barry_bonds.jpg
"I plan to hit less home runs next year. I feel I've gotten too home run reliant in the past years, so I'm gonna try to become more of a singles hitter, kinda like Ichiro. I might even steal a few more bases. My doctors tell me that those home run trots aren't good for my knees."

SoxFan76
09-18-2005, 12:41 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

OHMIGAWD! This is hilarious. Go for it Barry... I'd hate to see you damage your knees... You freaking cheater...:rolleyes:

:D: I deserved that.

TheOldRoman
09-18-2005, 12:50 PM
I hope this racist assclown gets taken down before he catches the babe, but I doubt it. Baseball is milking Bonds for all they can get, and they dont care about the sanctity or records.

This excuse such a joke, it is almost like an SNL skit. Could ne not think of a better excuse? Did Giambi corner the market on the "Uh, I had the flu, I lost 4 lbs" when coming into camp 30 lbs lighter excuse?

Jerome
09-19-2005, 12:03 AM
OMG what a joke. If anyone buys this garbage they are being ignorant. He probably won't have to work all that hard to lose weight, just stop taking flaxseed oil and he should be fine.

This is just part one of a propaganda campaign.

Stroker Ace
09-19-2005, 01:37 PM
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Yeah, we all believe that's the reason why you're gonna lose 28 pounds, Barry. Barry's next announcement:

http://a.abclocal.go.com/images/kgo/kgo_022404_barry_bonds.jpg
"I plan to hit less home runs next year. I feel I've gotten too home run reliant in the past years, so I'm gonna try to become more of a singles hitter, kinda like Ichiro. I might even steal a few more bases. My doctors tell me that those home run trots aren't good for my knees."Don't forget Barry bringing race into the topic.:D:

KnightSox
09-19-2005, 02:11 PM
He admitted he was on steroids in his grand jury testimony,thats where the whole 'flaxseed oil' thing comes from because that is what he claims he thought it was.The issue of did he juice or didn't he is dead,just try and get MLB and ESPN to accept it.

beckett21
09-19-2005, 02:12 PM
I believe him. :mg:

Wait...

I believe him. :roflmao:

Fixed it. :cool:

duke of dorwood
09-19-2005, 02:21 PM
Should be easy-at least 28lbs of crap comes out of his mouth almost every day

34 Inch Stick
09-19-2005, 04:41 PM
I call him out on BS that he is only 228 right now.

PennStater98r
09-19-2005, 05:09 PM
Fixed the title of the thread for you...

Stroker Ace
09-19-2005, 05:39 PM
Why doesn't he just remove all 228 or so pounds of him from the game. Seriously, who wants him to stay?

ode to veeck
09-19-2005, 07:57 PM
Maggs should take some advice from Bonds on how to use a knee injury to his advantage.

Uhhh, I thinkn Maggs is the one up there, after hoodwinking the kittens into the big multi-year deal with no workouts or examination by a doc

sorry for the hijack, back to your regularly scheduled barry bashing

SOXSINCE'70
09-19-2005, 08:45 PM
Will he use "the cream" or "the clear" this time??:roflmao: :roflmao:

Frankly Missing
09-20-2005, 11:32 AM
Should be easy-at least 28lbs of crap comes out of his mouth almost every day

OMG, THAT is funny. Thanx, I needed a good laugh today. If we lose the series to the Tribe, will you come to my house and be my personal jester?

tstrike2000
09-20-2005, 05:29 PM
Shouldn't be a problem for him. If he can lay off the performance enhancing drugs, he'll lose at least 10 of those lbs from his head going back to it's original size.

StillMissOzzie
09-20-2005, 05:35 PM
By cutting off his 'roid-swollen head?

Hit the bricks, you lying, cheating bastard.

SMO
:angry:

mr_genius
09-20-2005, 05:57 PM

yea right

no benefit of anything for him... the guy was obviously a total juicer

mr_genius
09-20-2005, 06:00 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

racist

:tongue:

86metsghost
09-20-2005, 06:48 PM
How incredibly convenient. :rolleyes:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2164465

Will the picture on the top of this page with Bonds melon head have to be updated now? At least that will save some bandwidth. :D:

RichFitztightly
09-21-2005, 12:30 AM
At least Bonds is smart about the whole thing. Going the pre-emptive stike route with the news really diffuses a lot of whispers. Now he could say he planned it all along, it helps especially seeing as the weight loss would have surprised people.