PDA

View Full Version : Cub Fans Don't Care About The Sox...

DrCrawdad
09-17-2005, 01:57 PM
...Yeah, right.

Finally -- and I make no editorial comment here, only passing on observations -- in the later innings there were several people in the bleachers (myself included) following the White Sox/Royals game on our web-enabled cellphones. The Sox blew 6-3 and 9-4 leads and lost 10-9 to a really awful Royals team -- a team that hadn't won a game while trailing entering the last of the 9th in over a year. It says here that, with their lead down to five games, they're in trouble.

The last two and a half weeks of this season may not be interesting on the north side of Chicago, but keep your eyes elsewhere in baseball. - Longtime bleacher denizen and Cub blogger, Al Yellon (http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/)

Cub NG discussion about the Sox. (http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sports.baseball.chicago-cubs/browse_frm/thread/aaccf8968d69211b/f6bca88503ee8473?hl=en#f6bca88503ee8473)

Hangar18
09-17-2005, 02:08 PM
What the ....... But I thought the Chicago Media said SOX fans were the only ones who cared about the Cubs and not vice-versa

DrCrawdad
09-17-2005, 02:15 PM
What the ....... But I thought the Chicago Media said SOX fans were the only ones who cared about the Cubs and not vice-versa

Yeah, but I'm sure Cubbie fans will say that they are only revelling in the Sox slide because of something we Sox fans did to them.

No matter what, it's our fault from their warped-ass world.

Wsoxmike59
09-18-2005, 05:07 PM
Yeah, but I'm sure Cubbie fans will say that they are only revelling in the Sox slide because of something we Sox fans did to them.

No matter what, it's our fault from their warped-ass world.

I admit I gave the cub fans I work with "the business" when they choked their last two seasons away. Which is why I got this article emailed to me last week at work by a cub fan I know.

http://www.theheckler.com/index.php?page=0000-DH-05-09-12&idrub=64&idsite=1

StillMissOzzie
09-18-2005, 05:57 PM
I admit I gave the cub fans I work with "the business" when they choked their last two seasons away. Which is why I got this article emailed to me last week at work by a cub fan I know.

Don't dish it out if you can't take it. I'm getting some of the same, since I congratulated the Cubs fans last year for geting rid of their biggest problems-Chip Caray and Steve Stone.

SMO
:o:

Wsoxmike59
09-18-2005, 06:11 PM
Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

SMO
:o:

Truer words were never spoken. I've been running the gauntlet at work whenever I go from office to office.

"How're the Sox doing Mike???" "What's up with the Sox Mike?" And one guy keeps making a gagging sound!

I laugh it off and tell 'em we're just making it interesting.

SOXSINCE'70
09-18-2005, 06:18 PM
...Yeah, right.

Gee,I thought the Sox still had a lead in the division.
Guess those asswipes on their "web enabled cellphones"
proved me wrong,huh??:angry: :angry:

You know the old joke: sCrUBS magic number:911:D: :D:

DrCrawdad
09-18-2005, 06:59 PM
Truer words were never spoken. I've been running the gauntlet at work whenever I go from office to office.

"How're the Sox doing Mike???" "What's up with the Sox Mike?" And one guy keeps making a gagging sound!

I laugh it off and tell 'em we're just making it interesting.

I like to ask Cub fans, "So, are the Cubs still in fifth place?" They'll sheepishly answer, 'No, they're in third..'

It's good because it highlights how much the Cubs have sucked this year.