PDA

View Full Version : El Duque

Garland_IS_God
09-17-2005, 01:34 PM
Have we seen the last of El Duque as a starter this season? I would say, HELL YES! Let BMac take his spot in the rotation.

Cowhead418
09-17-2005, 01:37 PM
I don't want to see him ever pitch again. You helped us earlier but you've cost us at least 3 wins lately with your severe incompetence. Good riddance

Unregistered
09-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Have we seen the last of El Duque as a starter this season? I would say, HELL YES! Let BMac take his spot in the rotation.
Who knows. I thought we have seen the last of Pablo Ozuna starting until Ozzie did it today. The man defies all logic and does whatever he wants, so don't expect common sense to come into play.

Duque looks tired, lost or something.

CubsfansareDRUNK
Isnt this guy supposed to be "lights out" in the playoffs?

Chips
Cut him from the starting rotation. But I wouldn't mid him pitching ONE inning of relief in the playoffs.

buehrle4cy05
09-17-2005, 01:47 PM
I'd use him as the team's primary long reliever in the playoffs. If he shows that he still has that October magic, then Ozzie could consider moving him back to the rotation if somebody gets knocked around...but for the rest of the season, I'd rather not see El Duque start.

Tannerfan
09-17-2005, 01:53 PM
What makes you think we're going to the playoffs?

santo=dorf
09-17-2005, 01:56 PM
Who knows. I thought we have seen the last of Pablo Ozuna starting until Ozzie did it today. The man defies all logic and does whatever he wants, so don't expect common sense to come into play.

Duque looks tired, lost or something.

Pablo is the only Sox player thatcan hit Johan, and he is right handed.

soxfanreggie
09-17-2005, 02:02 PM
I agree with not having El Duque start in the playoffs. Just because Hank Aaron hit 755 home runs and knocked in a crap load of RBI's doesn't mean I'd want him in our lineup (ok, well sometimes like how we're batting against Johan today...maybe he wouldn't hurt)...but normally you wouldn't want him in the lineup. I like the long reliever part for El Duque. Brandon has just shown he's pitching a lot better than some of the guys in the rotation, and we need to utilize this. I still believe we're going to have to rely strongly on Jenks. We'll have Cotts and Politte and some Marte. Hermie, I hope, will be hurting less in the playoffs.

gobears1987
09-17-2005, 02:05 PM
Given how well BMac has been doing, I think he should pitch in the playoffs. I mean he shut out 2 of the best offenses in the AL (Boston and Texas.) Given how El Duque pitched, I think we should pitch BMac in October.

Chips
09-17-2005, 02:13 PM
Yes he should, but El Duque is awesome in the playoffs. If he only pitches one inning, he'll be fine. But I don't know if there is room for both of them.

Chips
09-17-2005, 02:19 PM

He looks up and sees :darkclouds:

downstairs
09-17-2005, 02:21 PM
Why even pitch him? Let BMac.... or heck, ANYONE, pitch in his position.

El Duque is not going to start in the postseason. So he's just spinning his wheels*

*By spinning his wheels I mean giving up 4 runs in critical regular season games when he absolutely needs a shutout.

gobears1987
09-17-2005, 02:21 PM
There is room as 1 or both of them will be pitching out of the pen (depends on what we do with Contreras.) This team has the pitching to win, the question is who gets what role.

downstairs
09-17-2005, 02:22 PM

Out magic number being 12 on September 17th. That's what.

Chips
09-17-2005, 02:26 PM
There is room as 1 or both of them will be pitching out of the pen (depends on what we do with Contreras.) This team has the pitching to win, the question is who gets what role.

There is no way in Hell that Contreras should not be on this playoff roster. The guy has been a stud since the break. His control is back for the most part. He had three straight starts with no walks, and the start after that he pitched a shutout. The guy is one the roster, hopefully as a starter.

Chips
09-17-2005, 02:28 PM
Out magic number being 12 on September 17th. That's what.

Not to mention our 10-3 record against the Toons.

Blancos Medias
09-17-2005, 02:36 PM
Nice board, guys. I've been lurking for a while now. Life long Sox fan.

Back to the topic.

How about El Duck-Snort doesn't make the playoff roster at all? It looks like he's lost whatever he had. I'd rather Ken Williams got his brother Livan than this guy.

Bring McCarthy along for the ride, he's pitched like he wants to be here.

JRIG
09-17-2005, 03:08 PM
Yes he should, but El Duque is awesome in the playoffs. If he only pitches one inning, he'll be fine. But I don't know if there is room for both of them.

El Duque was awesome in the playoffs. Since then he's had reconstructive shoulder surgery tha kept him out for much of 2003 and 2004, was on the DL for six weeks this year, and have pitched like **** down the stretch.

I don't want him starting any time in the near future for this club.

Chips
09-17-2005, 03:10 PM
El Duque was awesome in the playoffs. Since then he's had reconstructive shoulder surgery tha kept him out for much of 2003 and 2004, was on the DL for six weeks this year, and have pitched like **** down the stretch.

I don't want him to start either, out of the bullpen is what I meant only if there is room for him.

JRIG
09-17-2005, 03:13 PM
I don't want him to start either, out of the bullpen is what I meant only if there is room for him.

You're right. He might be of use as a long guy going 2-3 innings if we need him.

Blancos Medias
09-17-2005, 03:16 PM
His performance today should seal his fate, in my opinion. The team needed a win, what does he do? Gives up 4 runs in an inning. He's been doing that quite regularly of late.

Give the kid a chance, and you're correct about Contreras. He seems to have straightened himself out. We'll see how he does tomorrow.

I must admit to some concern about the two main starters. They don't seem to be themselves lately. That's got me worried.

To correct myself, Garland pitched his butt off last night. That's what you want to see from him and Buerhle.

Flight #24
09-17-2005, 03:33 PM
Nice board, guys. I've been lurking for a while now. Life long Sox fan.

Back to the topic.

How about El Duck-Snort doesn't make the playoff roster at all? It looks like he's lost whatever he had. I'd rather Ken Williams got his brother Livan than this guy.

Bring McCarthy along for the ride, he's pitched like he wants to be here.

:welcome:

You may be the first new poster with a preexisting fan since there's another poster named "Viva Medias Blancas"!

At this point, Duque needs to be maybe tried in long relief, or just rested for a while. IIRC, he's been pretty good in his first 1-2 starts after taking a break.

RMSoxFan
09-17-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm not really worried about Garland. He's had a few bad starts lately, but he's alson shown brilliance too. Buerhle seems to have lost something, and Garcia has been pretty bad for a while. I think JG, Jose, and BMac are our best three starters right now. El Duque from the pen maybe, depending on who else you put on the roster, but definitely not starting.

beckett21
09-17-2005, 03:39 PM

Nothing has changed since he went on the DL. This statement held water back in June.

He is not the pitcher he was with the Yankees anymore. Hasn't been for awhile. McCarthy has been tremendous in his second tour of duty; he deserves a spot in the rotation now. He has earned it, and El Duque has squandered his opportunity.

Blancos Medias
09-17-2005, 03:41 PM
"You may be the first new poster with a preexisting fan since there's another poster named "Viva Medias Blancas"!"

Thanks for the welcome. You have to love this board if you're a Sox fan! I've been telling other fans about it, too.

And here I thought I was clever, didn't think to search for another similar name. I'm not even Spanish, maybe I'll look for it in Polish. :D:

kitekrazy
09-17-2005, 03:57 PM
I can't see where Mark and Freddy have been impressive either. Has Mark ever been a 2nd half pitcher? Anyone have 2nd half stats on this guy?
Garland showed up for a big game last night.