PDA

View Full Version : It's been awhile...

OKCSoxFan
09-17-2005, 12:01 PM
I haven't logged on since I read a thread a couple months ago about winning the division by 20+ games. Since then, I barracaded myself in my house and avoided all contact with civilization because I know a jinx when I see it. I had to leave the compound today to make a beer run and thought I'd check in to see what the overall temperament is these days.

As for the national media, they can all go to hell. I think we still take 4 of 6 from the Tribe the rest of the way and I look for a good series against the Twins. Hate losing to the f'in Royals, but we'll be fine.

Have the feelgooders had to fight back the pessimists? GO SOX.

Seriously, though....I've only been able to catch the scores (not box scores) lately...are we just in a complacency slump?

Milw
09-17-2005, 12:24 PM
Seriously, though....I've only been able to catch the scores (not box scores) lately...are we just in a complacency slump?
No. The urgency is back. We've just plain lost our mojo.

fan_since_64
09-17-2005, 12:30 PM
Will todays El Duque meltdown finally get McCarthy into the staring rotation? What are the odds.

Hangar18
09-17-2005, 01:09 PM
I haven't logged on since I read a thread a couple months ago about winning the division by 20+ games. Since then, I barracaded myself in my house and avoided all contact with civilization because I know a jinx when I see it. I had to leave the compound today to make a beer run and thought I'd check in to see what the overall temperament is these days.

As for the national media, they can all go to hell. I think we still take 4 of 6 from the Tribe the rest of the way and I look for a good series against the Twins. Hate losing to the f'in Royals, but we'll be fine.

Have the feelgooders had to fight back the pessimists? GO SOX.

Be careful, lot of people have been banned during the last losing streak here..