PDA

View Full Version : Konerko hurt?

hawkjt
09-17-2005, 10:27 AM
Levine says that the last week or so Paulie has had a bad thumb that he is icing after games. Re-aggravated it before the KC series. We need all hands on deck. Hopefully he can get going as he is the straw that stirs the drink of this offense.

Unregistered
09-17-2005, 10:33 AM
We need all hands on deck. Hopefully he can get going as he is the straw that stirs the drink of this offense.
I love a good cliche-fest. Just remember: Right now it's do or die, time to go hard or go home, because only the strong survive. The Sox can lead a horse to water, but they can't make him drink. :tongue:

Anyway, I also noticed PK is hitting something like 2-for-23 since moving to the #3 spot. Not sure if it is all coincidence, but something isn't working...

MarySwiss
09-17-2005, 10:37 AM
I love a good cliche-fest. Just remember: Right now it's do or die, time to go hard or go home, because only the strong survive. The Sox can lead a horse to water, but they can't make him drink. :tongue:

Hey, no guts, no glory! We'll be fine as long as we put the pedal to the metal. :cool:

SOXfnNlansing
09-17-2005, 10:42 AM
no pain no gain:cool:

SoxFan76
09-17-2005, 10:48 AM
Paulie just needs to go out there and get his at bats. One game at a time. He's just going out there trying his hardest every day.

Unregistered
09-17-2005, 10:51 AM
Paulie just needs to go out there and get his at bats. One game at a time. He's just going out there trying his hardest every day.
Dare I say... "he'll give 110%?" :D:

peeonwrigley
09-17-2005, 10:51 AM
I'm too lazy to look up the stats... but from my general observation Carl & Paulie haven't benefitted from their switching spots in the order.

Mots09
09-17-2005, 10:54 AM
Levine is a jagoff:dtroll:

Chips
09-17-2005, 10:55 AM
Levine is a jagoff:dtroll:
And an idiot

Mots09
09-17-2005, 10:56 AM
amen Chips

Mots09
09-17-2005, 11:00 AM
Levine was also the jagoff that said "MARTE WOULD NEVER PLAY W/ THE SOX AGAIN." Said this on Monday or Tuesday... Get your facts straight before you go on Natl TV and say it jagger.

BeviBall!
09-17-2005, 11:10 AM
Levine was also the jagoff that said "MARTE WOULD NEVER PLAY W/ THE SOX AGAIN." Said this on Monday or Tuesday... Get your facts straight before you go on Natl TV and say it jagger.

Who is more worthless -- Levine or Andy Avalos? 85 degrees tomorrow?!?!

SSN721
09-17-2005, 11:16 AM
Sometimes you gotta dig deep to pull out a win. :D:

Wsoxmike59
09-17-2005, 11:19 AM
It's gut check time! :D:

Fuller_Schettman
09-17-2005, 12:06 PM
The cat has dragged in a sight for four eyes!

shes
09-17-2005, 05:14 PM
Well, you know what they say when the going gets tough . . .

The Dude
09-17-2005, 07:07 PM
And an idiot

As are you. You "Dark cloud" *******!

kitekrazy
09-17-2005, 07:17 PM
I'm too lazy to look up the stats... but from my general observation Carl & Paulie haven't benefitted from their switching spots in the order.

Well Paulie can't do much damage or put any fear in a pitcher if there is no one at least on 2nd base.

Carl just looks bad. But you can't accuse him of taking a 3rd strike often. Maybe Dye should bat 3rd? How about wheel Frank up to the plate.

Jurr
09-17-2005, 07:26 PM
Pods is the straw that stirs this drink. Period.

Everybody's losing sight of the fact that the Sox are royally missing his threat on the basepaths. Everybody had opportunities to knock in runs at the beginning of the year with Pods getting on first and turning bunt base hits and walks into doubles and sometimes triples. He's nursing that leg injury, and it's really impacting the Sox offense.

He said it himself that he's weak in the adductor muscle right now, and it's hampering his jumps. He's being very tentative on that leg, and it's hurting the offense. Pitchers being worried about Scotty's base stealing tendency left a great deal of meat pitches for the Sox hitters to feast on. It also brought a bit of swagger to this team. This is a team without an identity right now, and that is due to the fact that their "smart ball" cog is gimpy.

My sincerest hope is that Pods can keep rehabbbing that stubborn muscle and will pursue a therapeutic modality that will get him some better results with his explosion. I'm not sure a cortisone injection is going to help a fatigued/sore (not acutely inflamed) muscle. But, I hope there is some way for Pods to get that step back.

Paulie and Carl are going to press if they've got the weight of the world on their shoulders. If they can get some help from the table setters (especially the king table setter), then all will be well.

Falstaff
09-18-2005, 05:25 AM
YES!! Somebody has to get Pods the old Oil Of Wintergreen - its a wonderful balm that will make his muscle better. This stuff is even better than that special arthritis cream Bonds had been using, back when he hit all those homer.
Oil of Wintergreen should be in EVERY locker on this team!!!

VivaOzzie
09-18-2005, 07:23 AM
How about wheel Frank up to the plate.

Haha thats what I was thinking earlier this week. Our offense is so pathetic that we might as well hobble Frank up there and...

-if he hits it out, he walks the bases
-if he hits it anywhere but out, he can try and walk to first, or just walk back to the dugout
-if he takes a walk, pinch run for him

Maybe this whole thing should be in teal, but man our offense is killin me. At least Frank won't strike out 3 times in a game (DYE). And he can hit a change (CRAZY).

soxrme
09-18-2005, 10:26 AM
I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Let's change back and see what happens. I might put Rownad or Crede or Pyz third and let Everett go to 5th.:smile:

Vernam
09-18-2005, 10:38 AM
Well, you know what they say when the going gets tough . . . . . . the weird go pro?

VC

Ol' No. 2
09-18-2005, 10:55 AM
I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Let's change back and see what happens. I might put Rownad or Crede or Pyz third and let Everett go to 5th.:smile:The reality is, for all the wailing and gnashing of teeth over batting order, it actually makes very little difference. There's just too much day-to-day variation. Good hitters have bad days and bad hitters have good days. There's no predicting it. Unless you do something patently stupid, like putting PK leading off, you could pull the lineup out of a hat and it wouldn't make any difference.

TheOldRoman
09-18-2005, 12:01 PM
Unless you do something patently stupid, like putting PK leading off, you could pull the lineup out of a hat and it wouldn't make any difference.
You obviously haven't seen PK's OBP.