PDA

View Full Version : flubbie fans and trash talking...

maurice
09-16-2005, 08:18 PM
Is anybody else really having trouble with cub fans at work? It's pretty silent on this front.

The Sox are in 1st place by 4.5 games. (By comparison, Boston has only a 1.5-game lead in the AL East, and the AL West is a dead heat.) "Choking" would require the Sox to, at the very least, lose the division lead -- something that has not happened and is not likely to happen. As it stands, the Sox still have the best record in the AL by a decent margin and have gone 8-6 (.571) during the month of September.

The cubs are in 4th place behind the Milwaukee ****ing Brewers, 2 games under .500, and 20.5 games out of 1st place. They have a bigger payroll than us, yet seem unable to add good players while dumping good young players for nothing. If you watched the KC series, you should be familiar with Andy Sisco and his 2.67 ERA. The cubs let him go for nothing. You might also be familiar with a certain 21-game winner in the NL (Willis). He was traded by the cubs in return for players who no longer are with the team. Our very own 17-game winner (Garland) was traded by the cubs for Matt Karchner. Meanwhile, the greatest pitcher in the history of mankind (Wood) has 3 non-simulated wins in 21 games. The HOF duo of Prior and Maddux have combined for something like a 4 ERA. 3 of their top bullpen guys from the beginning of the season are gone. They have maybe 3 above-average position players. The savior of their offensive (Garciapara) has 6 HR. Sosa may suck now, but the cubs are still paying a huge chunk of his salary.

Tell me, what cub fans have to chirp about?

LaHerdiaGrande35
09-16-2005, 10:23 PM
I'm having trouble with Flubs fans, only they're at school. All the time all I hear is how the White Sox lost 2 in a row to the Royals or something like that! They play the Royals, what, like 19 times, you'd think they'll lose to them every once in a while!
All I hear when I tell them that the Sox have the best record in the AL they say "oh the Cubs would be better if they weren't hurt, or yeah and the Cardinals have the best record and they're in our division." What bothers me most about the fans at my school though, is that they are all band-wagon jumpers, and just root for the Cubs because everyone around here does. At my school of 800 there are 3 Sox fans I know of and one Brewers fan. All the rest of them-Cubs fans. They're truly a pathetic display.

Ol' No. 2
09-17-2005, 12:28 AM
Is anybody else really having trouble with cub fans at work? It's pretty silent on this front.

The Sox are in 1st place by 4.5 games. (By comparison, Boston has only a 1.5-game lead in the AL East, and the AL West is a dead heat.) "Choking" would require the Sox to, at the very least, lose the division lead -- something that has not happened and is not likely to happen. As it stands, the Sox still have the best record in the AL by a decent margin and have gone 8-6 (.571) during the month of September.

The cubs are in 4th place behind the Milwaukee ****ing Brewers, 2 games under .500, and 20.5 games out of 1st place. They have a bigger payroll than us, yet seem unable to add good players while dumping good young players for nothing. If you watched the KC series, you should be familiar with Andy Sisco and his 2.67 ERA. The cubs let him go for nothing. You might also be familiar with a certain 21-game winner in the NL (Willis). He was traded by the cubs in return for players who no longer are with the team. Our very own 17-game winner (Garland) was traded by the cubs for Matt Karchner. Meanwhile, the greatest pitcher in the history of mankind (Wood) has 3 non-simulated wins in 21 games. The HOF duo of Prior and Maddux have combined for something like a 4 ERA. 3 of their top bullpen guys from the beginning of the season are gone. They have maybe 3 above-average position players. The savior of their offensive (Garciapara) has 6 HR. Sosa may suck now, but the cubs are still paying a huge chunk of his salary.

Tell me, what cub fans have to chirp about?Have you seen today's Cubune? All season they ignored the Sox, now that they lost a few they're front page news with a big graph on top showing the decline in their division lead since September. Funny, I don't recall seeing a graph showing their INCREASING lead through June and July. You can hear the cackling between the lines of every story. I'm surprised there wasn't a pull-out section.

itsnotrequired
09-17-2005, 01:10 AM
Have you seen today's Cubune? All season they ignored the Sox, now that they lost a few they're front page news with a big graph on top showing the decline in their division lead since September. Funny, I don't recall seeing a graph showing their INCREASING lead through June and July. You can hear the cackling between the lines of every story. I'm surprised there wasn't a pull-out section.

Hold on, are you suggesting there is some type of bias? Impossible!

silenceofthehawk
09-18-2005, 02:59 AM

Tell me, what cub fans have to chirp about?

Yeah, I'm getting a bunch of crap to from not only the Cubs fans, but most other teams' fans. My co-workers say that the White Sox only got to where they are due to an easy schedule, that they're choking just because they went from a 15 game lead to a three and a half game lead in a month and a half. Also, they keep saying that the pitching staff was just overachieving and they even have the nerve to call Garland "Danny Jackson," whatever that means. What really gets me is every time I leave work, they always yell, "Win. Or die Choking!" My co-wokers even made a bracelet that says "Choke" instead of "Believe." I'm sick of this.

skobabe8
09-18-2005, 03:58 AM
Yeah, I'm getting a bunch of crap to from not only the Cubs fans, but most other teams' fans. My co-workers say that the White Sox only got to where they are due to an easy schedule, that they're choking just because they went from a 15 game lead to a three and a half game lead in a month and a half. Also, they keep saying that the pitching staff was just overachieving and they even have the nerve to call Garland "Danny Jackson," whatever that means. What really gets me is every time I leave work, they always yell, "Win. Or die Choking!" My co-wokers even made a bracelet that says "Choke" instead of "Believe." I'm sick of this.

The only bracelets I've ever seen that say "Believe" are Cubs bracelets, so that sounds about right.

maurice
09-19-2005, 02:29 PM
For the 700th time, the Sox don't have an easy schedule. It looks like the AL Central will finish with the 2 best teams in the AL (us and Cleveland) plus another pretty good team that currently has injury problems (Minny). We've beaten those teams all year long. The West is a dead heat, but both contenders from that division have a worse record than the Jndjans (and therefore worse than the Sox). The rest of the West blows. The AL East with 3 sub-.500 teams is the weakest division in the AL.

Significantly, the second-place team in the AL Central would be in 1st place in any other AL division and in 2 of 3 NL divisions. Heck, if they played in the crappy NL Central (against 4 sub-.500 teams), the Toons might have more wins than the Cards.

The cubs "injury situation" is a ****ing joke. Breaking news: Carrie Woods and Nomar Garciapara are made of glass. For them, "injuries" are a way of life. You need to take that into consideration before the season begins. Wood still pitched in 21 games this year. Prior has pitched in 25. Ramirez has been dinged up, but he's still played very well in 123 games.

The cubs don't have injury problems; they have sucking problems.

Meanwhile, the Sox are missing the best player in Chicago baseball history, our leadoff man remains so injured that he can't run, and our closer and starting 3B are limited by serious back problems. Despite a lower payroll (and lower expectations) than the cubs, the Sox still have the best record in the AL.

Some cub fans are claiming that the cubs blow because "the Cardinals have the best record"? Fine. These people must also concede that the Sox are the best team in the AL, since they also have "the best record."

Seriously, they have no ammo this year.

antitwins13
09-19-2005, 02:39 PM
If anybody is having trouble with any Flub fans ever, then just say the two magic words that will boil there blood. Steve Bartman

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:5VO5aofXKBQJ:www.nos.nl/archief/nieuws/images/sport/165/honkbal/worldseries_2003/steve_bartman.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.nos.nl/archief/nieuws/images/sport/165/honkbal/worldseries_2003/steve_bartman.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.nos.nl/archief/nieuws/buitenland/tim_overdiek/column_sport/2003/oktober/1610_chicago_idioot.htm&h=187&w=165&sz=31&tbnid=5VO5aofXKBQJ:&tbnh=97&tbnw=85&hl=en&start=25&prev=/images%3Fq%3DSteve%2BBartman%26start%3D20%26svnum% 3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN)

SOXPHILE
09-19-2005, 03:22 PM
Well, the Cub fans might be able to brag about something this year. Not only did they get to witness the Cardinals clinch the N.L. Central on their beloved home turf of Wrigley this past weekend, heh heh....They may also get to witness the potential Wild Card winner eliminate them from ANY playoff hopes (Wildcard). This coming weekend, the Wild Card race leading Houston Astros will be in town. Now, they're only up by 1 1/2 games over the Phillies in that race, but the Cubs elimination # is 7 I believe. So, depending what the Cubs do with the Brewers, and the Astros do with the Pirates during the the next 3-4 days, by this coming weekend, the Stupid Blue Sheep will once again be able to sit in stunned silence, this time because they will get to watch whatever strands of hope they had of reaching the playoffs (HAH !), blow away in the September wind at Beautiful Wrigley Field. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!

hsnterprize
09-19-2005, 04:25 PM
Oh yes...there's a lot of denial going through Cubbieville right now. But there's one thing we have to remember...

If you've ever heard the saying, "What's good for the goose is good for the gander.", then Cub fans are stocking up on any possible chance to give us hell from now until next April. Let's face it...if there's one thing better than seeing our team win, it's seeing the other team go down in flames. And as far as Cubs fans are concerned, seeing the Sox' lead in the A.L. Central is almost as good as seeing their team choke in '03 being bad.

They WANT revenge, and they can't wait to get it. We can "not care what Cubs fans think" all we want to. But the bottom line is until the Sox officially clinch the division, or put enough space between themselves and the Indians, the "chokespeak" is going to get louder and louder.

Desperate people (Cub fans) are looking for desperate measures. If their team were up in their division by 3.5 games, they'd be crowing in the streets despite anyone saying their lead was 15 games August 1st. They may not have any legitimate "ammo" as Maurice says as far as bragging on their team is concerned, but if memory serves me correctly...we did a LOT of bragging about the Cubs' '03 collapse despite our team not making it into the playoffs. They just said, "At least we got there." as an excuse.