PDA

View Full Version : the Brewers do something right!

longshot7
09-16-2005, 07:01 PM
from Yahoo Sports:

"The Brewers are giving away all the tickets to their final home game, Sept. 29 against the Reds. Free. No charge. Gratis. Limit eight tickets per person. While they last."

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AixxJu3qN1QVAG8vyh3ZJ.gRvLYF?slug=cnnsi-watchoutforfall&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns

good for them!

SouthSide_HitMen
09-16-2005, 07:10 PM
Regime change happened in Milwaukee over the winter as Bud Selig and his nepotist klan sold the team. Expect more good things (including improvement of the team) to come in the next few years.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-16-2005, 07:13 PM
http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20050916&content_id=1212045&vkey=pr_mil&fext=.jsp&c_id=mil

All Gone

fquaye149
09-16-2005, 07:54 PM
his nepotist klan

um...

Palehose13
09-16-2005, 11:30 PM
http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20050916&content_id=1212045&vkey=pr_mil&fext=.jsp&c_id=mil

All Gone

Damn. Saw this too late. :(:

Banix12
09-17-2005, 01:18 AM
New owners, fan friendly promotions, a great new ballpark, a team that might finish above .500 for once, very promising young players for the future, and a solid front of the rotation. Man, for once it's actually relatively exciting to follow the Milwaukee Brewers.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-17-2005, 01:37 AM
New owners, fan friendly promotions, a great new ballpark, a team that might finish above .500 for once, very promising young players for the future, and a solid front of the rotation. Man, for once it's actually relatively exciting to follow the Milwaukee Brewers.

Yeah I think the Brewers will have a good several years. They have good prospects coming up, Sheets & an owner willing to spend some of the Shared Revenue Money on the field instead of pocketing it and begging for more like their prior ownership.

I still like Milwaukee County Stadium better but I will possibly make a few more treks up there in the future (as I did when the White Sox would play them).

Milw
09-17-2005, 02:26 AM
I got two tickets 7 rows behind the Brewers dugout for a total of $6! ($2 per ticket service charge, plus $2 shipping.) That's a discount of $70! :bandance:

fquaye149
09-17-2005, 02:35 AM

honestly, besides the 150 million market teams, i think that the brewers are in better place to make a run at some serious competitiveness in the next few years than anyone else. As long as ownership commits to not be cheaped out the way they have in the past (Richie Sexson?)....they look like they're in GREAT shape in years to come.

Mike Maddux is a great pitching coach, they have a talented, young staff, they're pretty much set at every position but centerfield and catcher....they're a good young team.

Mr. White Sox
09-17-2005, 03:27 AM
honestly, besides the 150 million market teams, i think that the brewers are in better place to make a run at some serious competitiveness in the next few years than anyone else. As long as ownership commits to not be cheaped out the way they have in the past (Richie Sexson?)....they look like they're in GREAT shape in years to come.

Mike Maddux is a great pitching coach, they have a talented, young staff, they're pretty much set at every position but centerfield and catcher....they're a good young team.

Agreed, completely. They need one more back-end pitcher as well though.
I could see them contending for and even winning the WC spot next year.

SOXSINCE'70
09-17-2005, 08:37 AM

Just keep Carlos Lee after this season,and beat the sCrUBS
12 or 13 times a year,and i'll be happy.:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Milw
09-17-2005, 12:11 PM
As long as ownership commits to not be cheaped out the way they have in the past (Richie Sexson?)....
There's no doubt that trade was budget-related, but the Brewers actually ripped the D-backs off. Sexson played just 40 or so games for Arizona before leaving as a free agent, while the Brewers got Chris Capuano (a legit #2 starter), Junior Spivey (who turned into Tomo Ohka) and Lyle Overbay (whose numbers have been comparable to Sexson's for a fraction of the price).

MUsoxfan
09-17-2005, 04:15 PM
As long as ownership commits to not be cheaped out the way they have in the past (Richie Sexson?)....they look like they're in GREAT shape in years to come.

Different owner. Now different results. It's amazing how much a turnaround the team had in one year after a regime change

slavko
09-17-2005, 05:28 PM
Sounds good. Easier for me to get to Milwaukee for night games instead of Cell going thru loop in PM rush. $6 stadium parking, etc. See ya there on 9/28.

jake27
09-18-2005, 02:03 AM
dang i was actually going to buy tickets for the game. now its all "sold" out and i coulda gotten the tickets for free... dang:(: