PDA

View Full Version : Loss of Perspective

NardiWasHere
09-16-2005, 05:38 PM
I need to vent. Have people gone mad? I listened to the score for a little bit today and I couldn't believe what a few hosts and tons of callers were saying. So many people were talking about the Sox as if they fell to second place. Phrases like "if the Sox can even make the playoffs" were being dropped. Worst of all, my cub fan friend told me this HAS BEEN a worse collapse than 1969..... huh????

Don't get me wrong. I'm pissed off. I'm concerned. I'm worried. I'm even a little pesimistic. BUT COME ON! I heard a little bit of Boers and Matt Abattacola and they were the only hosts I heard who thought about the situation rationally. The sox are still in first. They play 6 games against the tribe. They control their own destiny. No one has choked yet.

Think about it this way... The race in the east is seperated by 1.5 games.... in the west, both teams are even! MEANWHILE, Cleveland has the wild card! Therefore, out of the four other teams on the coasts, there might be only 2 spots. If anyone should be carrying such a defeatist attitude, it should be the A's, Halos, BoSox, and NYY!

The Sox aren't playing great. I know. BUT put all this into perspective; no one has choked yet. I can deal with the occasional pessimism. Hell, most Sox fans have a little dark cloudiness in their blood! But speaking of the season in the past tense is just stupid and hyperbolic.

LaHerdiaGrande35
09-16-2005, 09:40 PM
I like the optimism! You're right, the Sox must control they're own destiny, and beat the Indians down and get it done by themselves. If they don't beat the Tribe, then hey, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

MarySwiss
09-16-2005, 09:45 PM
I need to vent. Have people gone mad? I listened to the score for a little bit today and I couldn't believe what a few hosts and tons of callers were saying. So many people were talking about the Sox as if they fell to second place. Phrases like "if the Sox can even make the playoffs" were being dropped. Worst of all, my cub fan friend told me this HAS BEEN a worse collapse than 1969..... huh????

Don't get me wrong. I'm pissed off. I'm concerned. I'm worried. I'm even a little pesimistic. BUT COME ON! I heard a little bit of Boers and Matt Abattacola and they were the only hosts I heard who thought about the situation rationally. The sox are still in first. They play 6 games against the tribe. They control their own destiny. No one has choked yet.

Think about it this way... The race in the east is seperated by 1.5 games.... in the west, both teams are even! MEANWHILE, Cleveland has the wild card! Therefore, out of the four other teams on the coasts, there might be only 2 spots. If anyone should be carrying such a defeatist attitude, it should be the A's, Halos, BoSox, and NYY!

The Sox aren't playing great. I know. BUT put all this into perspective; no one has choked yet. I can deal with the occasional pessimism. Hell, most Sox fans have a little dark cloudiness in their blood! But speaking of the season in the past tense is just stupid and hyperbolic.

I read this twice, and I couldn't find one single thing to disagree with.