PDA

View Full Version : pictures of renovations

irish rover
12-04-2001, 11:09 AM
they finally have the pictures of the renovations that I talked about before on the web site

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news_story.jsp?article_id=cws_20010815_comiske y_news&team_id=cws

nut_stock
12-04-2001, 11:53 AM
Im looking at the picture for the main concouse, and it still looks sterile. Of course the picture sucks, but have any of seen any others?

CubKilla
12-05-2001, 11:51 AM
I like the proposed renovations and believe it will give the ballpark some character. But I long for the Old Comiskey. A few renovations will not make the ballpark anymore cozier. Blow it up and start over. PLEASE!

nut_stock
12-05-2001, 09:28 PM
Well, we know that's not gonna happen, so we should try to do the best with what we got. PHG used to have a Fix Comiskey Page where fans can submit ideas.

Long ago I proposed a Hooter's restarant be built above the stadium club in the upper deck.

CubKilla
12-05-2001, 09:59 PM
Hooter's????? That is a wonderful idea! I should have thought of that.

nut_stock
12-06-2001, 10:09 AM
I've got some really radical ideas for the upperdeck. The problem is I can't draw.

Basically, The Upperdeck between the dugouts would remain intact, while the rest of the current one is completely chopped off. On the Right field side I would extend the club level up about 20 rows (this would mean destroying a few luxury boxes) from the dugout to the stadium club) ON top of the stadium club would be Hooters.

On the left field side, i would do the same thing except stopping at that giant luxury part room in the left field corner (leaving it intact). On top of it would be a new enclosed White Sox Hall of Fame.

Other ideas were enclosing the ramps with that reflective glass.
cutting out the infield of the old park (out of the parking lot) and planting grass.

across the street from the main entrance would be an enormous bar (McCuddy's like), with a couple small souvenir shops and a restaraunt ajacent to it.

On the Western Side of the Park (adjacent to the railroad tracks), I would construct a parking garage.

CubKilla
12-06-2001, 09:22 PM
Reinsdorf's gonna put out a bounty on your head!!!!! His precious luxury boxes are the nicest part of the New Comiskey Park. Too bad most Sox fans will never see them. But I like your ideas.

doublem23
12-06-2001, 10:04 PM
Wow... nut_stock, those are some good ideas....

Maybe it's me, but I see a problem when the fans of a baseball team are about a billion times smarter than the Royal Jesters who run the damn team.

nut_stock
12-08-2001, 11:23 PM
yeh, and we don't even get paid!