PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Who still has faith\aint close to worrying

StockdaleForVeep
09-16-2005, 02:38 PM
When the sox lead in the central is 0 or behind, then i will hit the panic button

Rikirk
09-16-2005, 02:50 PM
I still have faith....

But the team has been giving me grey hairs of late.

I just want to see them start winning again, make it to 90 wins already and get that number unstuck again. Loosing sucks already.

Winning is fung...fung is winning.

and one more thing...

:notwinks

Vestigio
09-16-2005, 02:56 PM
I am more aggrivated than worried...

Hangar18
09-16-2005, 03:09 PM
When the sox lead in the central is 0 or behind, then i will hit the panic button

Is that like dialing 911 only after your place burned down to the ground?

my5thbench
09-16-2005, 03:11 PM
I'm still confident...but the last 2 in KC were ugly

check out whitesox.com, Jim Jones should be there passing out

poison cool aid

peeonwrigley
09-16-2005, 03:12 PM
I'm just trying to get myself in the mindset that we never had the huge lead. That way I can enjoy an exciting pennant race.

soxfan26
09-16-2005, 03:13 PM

I normally call 911 just to tell them I know my place is going to catch fire.

:chickenlittle

Sxy Mofo
09-16-2005, 03:14 PM
*pauses from a recently imposed habitual sobbing state* to vote yes.

zach61
09-16-2005, 03:16 PM

Nah. More like waiting until the fire starts before calling 911. Even though I smoke, I don't worry about calling 911 to put out a fire until I actually start one.

soxfan26
09-16-2005, 03:17 PM
Another poll fixed! :nod::thumbsup:

soxjim
09-16-2005, 03:18 PM
I have faith that we will have the division clinched by the series in cleveland. The last two games especially Wednesday nights blown lead got me a bit depressed.

soxfan26
09-16-2005, 03:19 PM
I have faith that we will have the division clinched by the series in cleveland. The last two games especially Wednesday nights blown lead got me a bit depressed.

:prozac

EDIT: This tag cannot replace the advice of your doctor. :D:

ssirish317
09-16-2005, 05:00 PM
I'm more concerned about going one-and-done in the playoffs than making it to the postseason. This team has conditioned me into expecting so much more after the torrid first half that they had.

iamkoza
09-16-2005, 05:03 PM
I'm a fan of Stats... and they don't lie, SP has been mediocre second half. Garland is back to his standard .500 record and 4.5 era, MB - bad lately, Garcia - Bad second half. It's tough not to panic. With mediocre starting pitching, this team cannot win

beckett21
09-16-2005, 05:12 PM
Worrying is for the weak. Never let 'em see you sweat. :cool:

Wimpy
09-16-2005, 05:56 PM
How can some of you not be worried? Garland, Garcia, Buehrle, and El Duque have been bad over the last 2 months. I am worried as hell. Hermanson looked terrible against KC. His back must be killing him. I hope we do not make history as the biggest collapse ever. I do not think KC will win one from the tribe, and El Duque will probably not beat Santana on Saturday. So if we don't win tonight and Sunday, things will be really scary starting the series with the tribe on Monday.

voodoochile
09-16-2005, 05:59 PM
Worrying is for the weak. Never let 'em see you sweat. :cool:

Spoken like a restauranteur...

Or to use another analogy... be like a duck... paddling frantically underneath the water, while gliding along gracefully above it...:cool:

voodoochile
09-16-2005, 06:01 PM
How can some of you not be worried? Garland, Garcia, Buehrle, and El Duque have been bad over the last 2 months. I am worried as hell. Hermanson looked terrible against KC. His back must be killing him. I hope we do not make history as the biggest collapse ever. I do not think KC will win one from the tribe, and El Duque will probably not beat Santana on Saturday. So if we don't win tonight and Sunday, things will be really scary starting the series with the tribe on Monday.

Translation: Oh good... I hate my life. How can they do this to me? Oh please, win one for me. I deserve it. I've been good... me me me me me me... *****...

beckett21
09-16-2005, 06:03 PM
How can some of you not be worried?

Last I checked, I wasn't on the active roster. So, what exactly can I do about it?

My worrying isn't going to change the situation one iota.

MarySwiss
09-16-2005, 06:12 PM

Oh, please. Who died and made Santana Cy Young? And who else died and made Cleveland the '69 Mets?

Pay attention: If--and that's a big "if"--we lose all three this weekend and the Tribe wins all three, we will STILL start the series against the Tribe in first place.

Finally, I don't give a rat's fat a** about whether we do or do not make history as the "biggest collapse ever." As someone on another thread pointed out, it would be entirely possible for us to be the "biggest collapse ever" while still making the playoffs as the WC and winning the World Series. And in the (extremely unlikely) event all of those things happened, who would care about ANY of this other crap?

Keep your eye on the ball, would'ya?

RKMeibalane
09-16-2005, 06:15 PM
I still have faith.

Jjav829
09-16-2005, 06:17 PM
Oh, please. Who died and made Santana Cy Young?

Well, no one really died. They just kind of voted him the Cy Young award winner. :wink:

Fuller_Schettman
09-16-2005, 06:25 PM
Count me in!

The other poll should have a disclaimer: "Please check your balls at the door"

Cowhead418
09-16-2005, 06:32 PM
Last I checked, I wasn't on the active roster. So, what exactly can I do about it?

My worrying isn't going to change the situation one iota.

Very well said!:thumbsup: Why spend your life worrying about something you can't change? It's like worrying about the weather. What the hell can we do to change what the White Sox do in any way?:?:

POTY!:D:

chisoxfanatic
09-16-2005, 06:59 PM
I've got all the faith in the world and am trying to get my collegues at work to see things from my point of view. It's been rather difficult a task!

StockdaleForVeep
09-18-2005, 03:31 AM

No, panicking now is like dialing 911 if u see someone outside your house. Regardless of their actions

Dan H
09-18-2005, 07:37 AM
Obviously the Sox need to win the Cleveland series. If they don't, they don't deserve to be in first place. They can't let their closest and only pursuer beat them at them at their own ballpark. Besides no one else is going to beat the Indians.

harwar
09-18-2005, 07:59 AM
Besides no one else is going to beat the Indians.

Right on.
Some people are squirming and crying,why is this happening to us.
Its because we are in this situation and no one else.
No one is going to save us from this.
There is no more falling back,its time to stand and fight.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-18-2005, 08:13 AM
Obviously the Sox need to win the Cleveland series. If they don't, they don't deserve to be in first place. They can't let their closest and only pursuer beat them at them at their own ballpark. Besides no one else is going to beat the Indians.

Well, we don't *need* to win the Cleveland series but I agree the alternative is pretty scary to contemplate.

This is a REAL pennant chase. Head to head games down the stretch will probably decide both Cleveland and the Sox' fate.

TornLabrum
09-18-2005, 08:32 AM
I think we're going to handle the Indians in the seven games we have left with them. If that doesn't happen, it is conceivable that we could even get aced out of the WC.

PAPChiSox729
09-18-2005, 08:54 AM
I think we're going to handle the Indians in the seven games we have left with them. If that doesn't happen, it is conceivable that we could even get aced out of the WC.

I think we will beat Cleveland too. But they are so hot right now, I am just expecting that they will win every other game where they play another team besides us. We are going to have to beat them ourselves because it doesn't look like anyone else is. But before that, let's finish off Minnesota!

slobes
09-18-2005, 06:29 PM
Nah. More like waiting until the fire starts before calling 911. Even though I smoke, I don't worry about calling 911 to put out a fire until I actually start one.

Perfect analogy

eastchicagosoxfan
09-18-2005, 06:36 PM
I told myself a few weeks ago that I'd be nervous if the lead was three or less, and it's not there, and with a series victory over Cleveland, it won't get there. Cleveland's been playing lights out, but I expect the sox to take two of three. That's what good teams do in a big series.

Baby Fisk
09-19-2005, 08:43 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/displacedtexan/blogstartdatefeb052005/pollyanna-poster3.jpg

"Oh you adorable Sox fans! On the first of November, after you all rise up from your post-champagne-binge stupors and revel in the glow of a White Sox World Championship, you will all look back on these days and wonder what the dickens you were all so worried about. Tee hee hee..."

Hangar18
09-19-2005, 08:50 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/displacedtexan/blogstartdatefeb052005/pollyanna-poster3.jpg

"Oh you adorable Sox fans! On the first of November, after you all rise up from your post-champagne-binge stupors and revel in the glow of a White Sox World Championship, you will all look back on these days and wonder what the dickens you were all so worried about. Tee hee hee..."

that is awesome ........

The Racehorse
09-19-2005, 08:57 AM

Pretty lame to dump on Hangar18... at least he's out in front, speaking his mind while many others sit back and wait for more 'established' members to comment before riding those members-comments-coat-tails.

EDIT: I forgot to comment on the thread... no time to panic when we're still leading the division.

harwar
09-19-2005, 09:05 AM
I couldn't be more confident that we will take 2 out of 3 the next 3 days.
Its more of a gut feeling than any analytical surmises that i can come up with.

Hangar18
09-19-2005, 09:36 AM
[QUOTE=The Racehorse]Pretty lame to dump on Hangar18... at least he's out in front, speaking his mind while many others sit back and wait for more 'established' members to comment before riding those members-comments-coat-tails.
QUOTE]

well, ive certainly been front and center regarding my lack of trust in this non-offense we have. That is what this thread is supposed to be about .......
who has/doesnt have faith in this team. 2 games this weekend, we couldnt get the ball out of the infield. Thats horrible and cant believe we won 2 games. But i'll take it. The SOX cannot expect to just score 4 runs this series and win. No way.

fquaye149
09-19-2005, 10:06 AM
I think we will beat Cleveland too. But they are so hot right now, I am just expecting that they will win every other game where they play another team besides us. We are going to have to beat them ourselves because it doesn't look like anyone else is. But before that, let's finish off Minnesota!

I'd say we'd be hot too if we only played the Royals and the D-Rays, but I guess that last series at KC kind of precludes that.

At any rate, their schedule is a laffer

voodoochile
09-19-2005, 10:11 AM
Pretty lame to dump on Hangar18... at least he's out in front, speaking his mind while many others sit back and wait for more 'established' members to comment before riding those members-comments-coat-tails.

Have you ever met Hangar? Henry can handle it. Besides he loves the attention. :wink:

You have to remember, Hangar is the original tin-foil hatter here at WSI. If he can handle being called a crackpot, he can handle a little friendly ribbing and no, I didn't "fix" the poll, but I suspect I know who did *coughwhitesoxwilkescough* :tongue:

DaleJRFan
09-19-2005, 10:16 AM
Ozzie has proved time and time again this season that when the team NEEDS a win or NEEDS to string together several wins, he gets the troops fired up and gets results. It really looks like the guys are trying WAY too hard to win and have forgotten what got them a 16 game lead by July. Like my father always told me, "you can work hard and get tired. Work smart, and get results."

May Ozzieball return this week with a sweep of the TooNs...

wdelaney72
09-19-2005, 10:24 AM
I wouldn't use the word "worry". I would definitely say my level of confidence has diminished, but it has increased slightly after taking 2 out of 3 from the Twinkies.

The good thing is that this will all be decided on the field within the next week or so. I'm glad that we get to face the team that will make or break us down the stretch.

The Racehorse
09-19-2005, 10:30 AM
Have you ever met Hangar? Henry can handle it. Besides he loves the attention. :wink:
I haven't met Hangar, but I know we'd both appreciate talking Sox and crushing beers. :cool:

You have to remember, Hangar is the original tin-foil hatter here at WSI. If he can handle being called a crackpot, he can handle a little friendly ribbing and no, I didn't "fix" the poll, but I suspect I know who did *coughwhitesoxwilkescough* :tongue:

Well, two things...
1) I didn't even know what the tinfoil analogy was until you guys were kind enough to break it down for me a few months ago...
2) yes, I thought StockdaleForVeep was going out of his way to dump on Hangar, when all along it was whitesoxwilkes...

Sorry about that SFVeep. :wink:

As for whitesoxwilkes, I think I remember it mentioned some time ago that he was a big athletic type that could probably handle 5'7" guys [like me] as if they were cheap-folding chairs... so I guess I'll shuddup now. :D:

voodoochile
09-19-2005, 10:36 AM
Well, two things...
1) I didn't even know what the tinfoil analogy was until you guys were kind enough to break it down for me a few months ago...
2) yes, I thought StockdaleForVeep was going out of his way to dump on Hangar, when all along it was whitesoxwilkes...

Sorry about that SFVeep. :wink:

As for whitesoxwilkes, I think I remember it mentioned some time ago that he was a big athletic type that could probably handle 5'7" guys [like me] as if they were cheap-folding chairs... so I guess I'll shuddup now. :D:

No way any poll option pulls in 5K+ votes without a little "help" from a mod/admin. It would take every registered poster voting for a single option to make that happen.

Hangar18
09-19-2005, 10:44 AM

heh heheh hehe