PDA

View Full Version : Nominees to be Poster Child for the Terminally Confused

Hangar18
09-16-2005, 01:19 PM
I respectfully disagree. Momentum is everything, especially right now. The SOX' momentum is unfortuneately carrying us the wrong way, and now little things are helping us lose games instead of win games. Style Points is a Chicago Media thing. The Cubs have gotten about 10,000 style points for Losing while we havnt been awarded any (rightly so) Talk to a Paul Sullivan or a Mike Kiley about that .........

Ol' No. 2
09-16-2005, 01:19 PM
This is what Im afraid of. I DO NOT WANT it to come down to our games vs the Indians, especially since we finish the last 3 there. I can guarantee we wont win ANY of the games down there if it comes down to us in front by 4 or less. We cannot let that happen, the SOX have to realize they still control their own destiny here. YES INDEED the Tribe is chasing the SOX and therefore the pressure is theoretically on them, but the SOX are the ones playing under Pressure, kicking balls away, making bad pitches, dumb baserunning, giving away at-bats, letting pitchers off the hook. If our offense was any darn good, we wouldve won some of these games. Many people said the Tribe were to be recognized, many here chose to not believe it, rested on the 15 game lead. :mad::?::?::?::?:
They scored 14 runs in those two losses. Obviously, that's the problem.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-16-2005, 01:23 PM
I respectfully disagree. Momentum is everything, especially right now. The SOX' momentum is unfortuneately carrying us the wrong way, and now little things are helping us lose games instead of win games. Style Points is a Chicago Media thing. The Cubs have gotten about 10,000 style points for Losing while we havnt been awarded any (rightly so) Talk to a Paul Sullivan or a Mike Kiley about that .........

So you're openly campaigning for the position as poster child for the terminally confused.
:o:

Why am I not surprised?
:cool:

We PLAY baseball games to decide this matter, Hangar. If you can't handle the pressure, play a few thousand games of Stratomatic and stage a make-believe World Series on your dining room table. Let us know how it turns out. I'm sure you'll see fit to fix the dice so the Sox lose, too. It's all about momentum.
:kukoo:

Sorry, this isn't even remotely a White Sox topic anymore. It's barely a What's the Score topic either.

Tekijawa
09-16-2005, 01:27 PM
http://www.sachsreport.com/signs%20tinfoil%20hat.jpg

Here you go!

"Dad... My tinfoil hurts!"

Deuce
09-16-2005, 01:27 PM
Screw style, I just wanna win... I'll take winning ugly, as long we're winning. Losing pretty gives me nothing but heartburn.

Deuce

SoxSpeed22
09-16-2005, 01:36 PM
:jerry"I would make a great parent!"