PDA

View Full Version : 4.5 games is STILL 4.5 games

Heffalump
09-15-2005, 11:30 PM
Yes, we HAD a 15 game lead on August 1st.

Yes, We HAD a 9.5 game lead last week.

BUT, we still are the LEADERS of the Central by 4.5 games.

This team has NOT yet choked!

As others have said and as we all know, it is gonna all be settled by the remaining six games against Cleveland. Until then, THE SOX ARE STILL IN FIRST PLACE !!!

If they do pull this out, I believe that they will have momentum into the playoffs and WILL go all the way! (I gotta have faith that their playoff impotence won't kick in as in '83, 93, and '00)

(NOW FOR MY DARK CLOUD STATEMENT...yes, I am "slightly" bi-polar)

If the Sox do blow this, I have decided to give up on baseball and the White Sox for good. I have put so much time, emotion, and money into my love of the Sox for my 29 years on this planet, that I can't take a letdown of this proportion. All of the aforementioned resources can be put to much better use than getting all stressed out by a child's game played by multi-millionaire prima donnas.

(NOW BACK TO MY DIE HARD SOX FAN PERSONA)

LET'S GO SOX !!! KICK SOME TWINKIE BOOTY!!!

VivaOzzie
09-15-2005, 11:41 PM
Wow, thats been my thinking all day long pretty much to a tee! :gulp:

Except for the booty part...

Banix12
09-15-2005, 11:48 PM
It's just frustrating. i think I'm going to spend the weekend doing anything but watching sox baseball and just hope they pull something out when I check the standings on Monday. I need a break from this. I'm emotionally spent

Lip Man 1
09-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Can't argue with your math. We'll see what it is come Monday morning and then Wednesday night.

Maybe they can turn this around...maybe.

Lip

mike squires
09-16-2005, 12:23 AM
If the Sox do blow this, I have decided to give up on baseball and the White Sox for good. I have put so much time, emotion, and money into my love of the Sox for my 29 years on this planet, that I can't take a letdown of this proportion. All of the aforementioned resources can be put to much better use than getting all stressed out by a child's game played by multi-millionaire prima donnas.

Huffalump~I spoke to my brother this afternoon after the loss. He said the exact same thing, "I am done with them if they don't at least make the playoffs." I don't think I can quite say that. I will always follow them and will watch them when I'm drooling all over myself in a nursing home, but I'm not sure I would spend as much time as I do investing in this club...

DieTrying79
09-16-2005, 12:25 AM

I couldn't agree more! I'm panicked, but managing...

SouthSide_HitMen
09-16-2005, 12:32 AM
:threadrules:

I have lasted 25 years through the Reinsdorf Era (well I boycotted most of the 1990s but I am back). Nothing will stop me from cheering for the Sox (except if JR or someone else moves them to Tampa or Vegas or anywhere beyond City of Chicago limits). The White Sox will win the division. Period.

Signed,

Fourth Generation Chicagoan and White Sox fan
SSHM

oeo
09-16-2005, 12:49 AM
Lets stop worrying about the Indians, and start worrying about the White Sox. All the Sox need to do is win games, if they win 13 more games...we've got the division. I say, who cares to the Indians...lets just take this one game at a time and get these wins. I know they can do it...and they're due to go on a hot streak. And throughout the season I wasn't sure about a World Series, but everyone knows that the hottest team wins it all and why can't we be the hottest team?

And Huffalump...how do you call yourself a fan? If you are a fan, you'll come crawling back.

CHISOXFAN13
09-16-2005, 01:06 AM
Lets stop worrying about the Indians, and start worrying about the White Sox. All the Sox need to do is win games, if they win 13 more games...we've got the division. I say, who cares to the Indians...lets just take this one game at a time and get these wins. I know they can do it...and they're due to go on a hot streak. And throughout the season I wasn't sure about a World Series, but everyone knows that the hottest team wins it all and why can't we be the hottest team?

And Huffalump...how do you call yourself a fan? If you are a fan, you'll come crawling back.

How many eight game winning streaks have we had this season? This team has shown the ability to come back and play good baseball even after the seven-game skid.

I wouldnt be surprised at all if this team responds by sweeping either of the next two series. Call me the eternal optimist, I guess.

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-16-2005, 07:42 AM

I have family members (in laws) who are Cub fans, and I heard this same speech from them after 2003, and after the end of last season. But, my BIL calls me last night from Miami (business trip) to gloat about the Sox. I let him spew for about 5 min ("hey, great pitching...hey, great offense - do you miss Ordonez?")...I asked him how the Cubs were doing, and his response was, "at least they're not choking..." I paused and asked him deadfaced..."how can you possibly indicate they've not choked when their last postseason appearance hinged on a left field foul ball...not your two best pitchers in games 6 & 7? 5 outs away isn't a choke? And, I thought you gave up on the Cubs?" He hung up on me.

MORAL: I will NEVER give up on this team. Am I nervous about how they're playing? A little...but telling your team they stink might help..ALOT. I am fortunate to be a fan and have it in my blood. Will I be angry? Damn straight. Will I be depressed? That's what alcohol is for. Will I be back next year? Absolutely.

voodoochile
09-16-2005, 08:19 AM
I have family members (in laws) who are Cub fans, and I heard this same speech from them after 2003, and after the end of last season. But, my BIL calls me last night from Miami (business trip) to gloat about the Sox. I let him spew for about 5 min ("hey, great pitching...hey, great offense - do you miss Ordonez?")...I asked him how the Cubs were doing, and his response was, "at least they're not choking..." I paused and asked him deadfaced..."how can you possibly indicate they've not choked when their last postseason appearance hinged on a left field foul ball...not your two best pitchers in games 6 & 7? 5 outs away isn't a choke? And, I thought you gave up on the Cubs?" He hung up on me.

MORAL: I will NEVER give up on this team. Am I nervous about how they're playing? A little...but telling your team they stink might help..ALOT. I am fortunate to be a fan and have it in my blood. Will I be angry? Damn straight. Will I be depressed? That's what alcohol is for. Will I be back next year? Absolutely.

Thank you... I don't get the "why me? Oh poor me. Oh crap, the pain the pain the pain... I can't bear it another minute," mentality that some of the posters carry with them. It's sports. It's life. Nothing is guaranteed. Nothing is for sure. Nothing is granted. You have to earn it. You have to want it. You have to need it.

If... if... if...

If you don't want to buy in and stand up and live in the moment that is life. If you aren't ready to go for the big prize. If you aren't willing to lose it all, to cry, to hurt, to wander aimlessly from the bedroom to the TV to the fridge for a couple of days then just quit now. Do everyone a favor and get your ***** ass off MY ****ing bandwagon. But, don't come a crying and crawling around next year or the year after. Don't be RHPH's BIL. Do or do not... there is no try. Love the Sox or quit, there is no semi-fan rank. You can either be a fan or you can be one of the masses who jump on a bandwagon when the timing is right. Not to many of those wannabes post around these parts, not because they aren't welcome but because they don't get it. Stand up, be counted, put your heart in the pot and take one for the ****ing team, or don't, but don't come crying around the water cooler in a couple of months or next year or the year after that when the Sox finally win the big prize. The real fans are just going to sneer at you...

****ing *******...

it's just that simple...

LET'S GO SOX!!! :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :bandance:

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-16-2005, 09:34 AM
Thank you Voodoo.

:cheers:

soxjim
09-16-2005, 09:40 AM
As I stated in other posts. Go into Cleveland with this lead and the divison title is ours.

veeter
09-16-2005, 09:45 AM
I'd like to be positive but I'm not because of the WAY they're playing. Also the quotes coming out of the locker room are dissappointing as well. But today is a new day so who knows.

harwar
09-16-2005, 09:52 AM
If you aren't willing to lose it all, to cry, to hurt, to wander aimlessly from the bedroom to the TV to the fridge for a couple of days then just quit now. Do everyone a favor and get your ***** ass off MY ****ing bandwagon. But, don't come a crying and crawling around next year or the year after. Don't be RHPH's BIL. Do or do not... there is no try. Love the Sox or quit, there is no semi-fan rank. You can either be a fan or you can be one of the masses who jump on a bandwagon when the timing is right. Not to many of those wannabes post around these parts, not because they aren't welcome but because they don't get it. Stand up, be counted, put your heart in the pot and take one for the ****ing team, or don't, but don't come crying around the water cooler in a couple of months or next year or the year after that when the Sox finally win the big prize. The real fans are just going to sneer at you...

****ing *******...

it's just that simple...

When the **** starts flyin,thats when you see who will run and who will stand and fight.
Its true in sports,its true in battle and i've found it to be true in everyday life.
Your welcome at my fire anytime.

Iwritecode
09-16-2005, 09:57 AM
[QUOTE=RedHeadPaleHoser]I asked him how the Cubs were doing, and his response was, "at least they're not choking..."QUOTE]

I would have asked him how a team with a payroll close to 100 million dollars that is likely to finish the season under .500 is not choking.

The difference in this years Cubs choke (when compared to the past couple of years) is that they've been doing it since the beginning of the season so nobody has noticed...

Iwritecode
09-16-2005, 10:04 AM
If you aren't willing to lose it all, to cry, to hurt, to wander aimlessly from the bedroom to the TV to the fridge for a couple of days then just quit now.

Out of that whole rant, I like this sentence the best. It's stretches like this that truely define the fans of the team. Some just aren't willing to put their heart on the line.

I'm gonna stand up and cheer for this team until the last out is made and the playoff spots are all filled. If the Sox aren't one of them, then it's gonna hurt like hell.

On the other hand, it'll be that much sweeter if they are. :smile:

mterraza
09-16-2005, 10:56 AM
I like the fire in some of these posts. :cool: I wish I can say the same for some of these players! Why aren't THEY pissed and playing with some passion? :?:

Heffalump
09-16-2005, 11:16 AM
I guess for me personally it comes down to not being a little kid anymore. As a kid running around old Comiskey every weekend, all the players were my heroes. They were like gods to me. Baseball was different than football, basketball, and hockey. I can't explain how or why. It just was. It was THE sport. No matter how bad they were, I always came back to my Sox every Spring with new hope.

Now, growing up and being an adult, I still love the Sox. But now the players are not my heroes, they are mostly just "rich guys that are younger than me". I EXPECT them to perform, just like I expect my meal and service to be excellent when I spend $150 at a restaurant. I buy Sox jerseys and other memorabilia. I buy season tickets. I EXPECT them to perform. With this season, they HAVE BEEN performing and I have felt that excitement I had when I was a kid. If they decide to throw it all away and put together the biggest collapse in baseball history, I WILL WALK AWAY. Not only becuase I will have better things to do with my time and money, but becuase they will have broken my heart for the last time. Just like ex-girlfriends, I only give so many chances before I walk away for good.

Let's all just hope it doesn't happen and the Sox can turn it back on and make this season one to remember for a LONG TIME. All I want is ONE World Series championship before I die!

Go ahead and flame away about being a TRUE Sox fan, but I believe what I say. Maybe if I have kids one day, I will change my mind so that they can learn about baseball (no kid of mine will ever be a Cubs fan!). But if they blow it in the next two weeks, this will be my last date with the Sox.

I will be watching every game here on out hoping it does not happen (except for Saturday, which I will be LISTENING TO. [This is a whole other rant] ).

Go SOX!!!

kevingrt
09-16-2005, 11:56 AM
It's just frustrating. i think I'm going to spend the weekend doing anything but watching sox baseball and just hope they pull something out when I check the standings on Monday. I need a break from this. I'm emotionally spent

I'm just the opposite. I might be emotionally spent but when the Sox play I will be tuned in with both ears and eyes. This is the most intense part of baseball we have seen on the southside in awhile. And not only am I going to enjoy it but I also hope we will be cheering in the end.

oeo
09-16-2005, 11:56 AM
I'd like to be positive but I'm not because of the WAY they're playing. Also the quotes coming out of the locker room are dissappointing as well. But today is a new day so who knows.

Why do you keep going on and on about what they're saying out of the locker room. Who does this stem from? All Buerhle said was they need to get their acts together or they're not going anywhere...that's not disappointing. If he said, we're doomed, Cleveland has this all but wrapped up, that would be disappointing.

TDog
09-16-2005, 12:36 PM
I am optimistic. I have reasons to be. Because it isn't a matter of rose-colored glasses or blue kool-aid, this will be a long post.

My emotional investment in the White Sox matches anyone's. I have too much humanity to care about sports, which generally come down to bigger men monotonously bullying littler men. (I've met current and former professional football players who seem surprised and deflated when I tell them I have never heard of them.) The exception is baseball and my White Sox, and following the team is a priority during the summer. Whenever I can be, I am in the WSI chat room during games to hang out with Sox fans. I would continue to cheer for the Sox no matter what.

I would survive if the Sox didn't make the playoffs, but it wouldn't kill me if they didn't make it. Not having television, I wouldn't have to worry about finding a way to see postseason games. But I believe they will be playing in October. The Sox remain in a better position than the Indians, who are five losses behind the Sox and have a slim wild card lead. They play seven against the Royals home and away, host the DRays for three and play six against the Sox, but they still have to win those games and hope the Sox lose.

While people obsess over great collapses, there also are examples of teams the finished just short. The Giants had a big lead throughout 1971. In September people looked up and saw the Dodgers, the franchise that set the benchmark for collapses up to that time, were only 3.5 games behind. The Giants won the division by a game. In 1980, the Astros went into LA for a three-game season to end the season, up by three games. The Dodgers swept the series but lost the one-game playoff at home.

Of course, when other teams lost big leads, they didn't have the possibility of a wild card as consolation.

With seven games against KC, three hosting the DRays and six with the Sox, the Indians appear to have an easy schedule. But teams have found easy schedules don't always translate into wins. The Royals ended their 18-game losing streak by winning two against a hot-at-the-time A's team and certainly didn't lay down for the Sox this week. The DRays have shown they can beat the Yankees.

Finally, the Sox schedule ends with a three game series in Cleveland, and apparently a possible playoff game in Cleveland, so this could be quite the finish to a season that began with Shingo saving a 1-0 win over the Indians on a chilly April day.

One thing is certain, whichever team finishes first in the AL Central will go into the postseason having had to fight for it.

SouthSideSid
09-16-2005, 12:48 PM
The Sox will lay a whipping on Cleveland next week and make all the Henny Pennies settle down.

mccoydp
09-16-2005, 12:52 PM
Things could be worse...the White Sox could be in the position of the Angels or the Red Sox...both of those teams are clinging to very slim leads.

schmitty9800
09-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Finally, the Sox schedule ends with a three game series in Cleveland, and apparently a possible playoff game in Cleveland, so this could be quite the finish to a season that began with Shingo saving a 1-0 win over the Indians on a chilly April day.That's the only thing I don't agree with. It was 65 degrees and the sun was shining, great weather.

TDog
09-16-2005, 01:11 PM
That's the only thing I don't agree with. It was 65 degrees and the sun was shining, great weather.

I was in Alaska at the time. It was cold.

I just assumed it was cold in Chicago, as Sox opening days always were when I was a kid.

Lip Man 1
09-16-2005, 01:22 PM
Voodoo:

I like how you feel the Sox will finally win everything in the next few years. I'm curious what makes you think that? Besides 'law of averages' of course...

Lip

Flight #24
09-16-2005, 01:45 PM
Lip: Personally, I believe the Sox are as well-positioned as any team to win a title over the next few years. That's no guarantee of winning, but until you actually win one, I think it's about as good as it gets (and for the record, I thought the same in the early 90s and was obviously wrong).

I base this on the fact that despite the past month, I think we have a deep and talented rotation, best in the league (with McCarthy replacing El Duque), and for the most part, they're signed for another 1-2 years.

I also think that this is a fairly deep and balanced team, albiet without any top-line stars. They also have some top-flight young talent coming up in Anderson/Young, etc. For the most part, they play smart, fundamental baseball including good D.

Finally, I think the team is positioned to increase payroll the next year or 2, which will hopefully provide the ability to add an impact hitter either via free agency or by using some pretty strong minor league talent to trade for it.

The combination of the above makes me feel lke the team will be competing for a title over the next 2-3 seasons, something that I don't believe has been true over the past couple, when the team had some pretty obvious holes with little hope of filling them.

Heffalump
09-16-2005, 02:23 PM
The Sox will lay a whipping on Cleveland next week and make all the Henny Pennies settle down.

I hope so. And I admit that I am a huge "Henny Penny". This is becoming like a ******* soap opera.

GO SOX!!!

Paulwny
09-16-2005, 03:02 PM
Lip: Personally, I believe the Sox are as well-positioned as any team to win a title over the next few years. That's no guarantee of winning, but until you actually win one, I think it's about as good as it gets (and for the record, I thought the same in the early 90s and was obviously wrong).

I base this on the fact that despite the past month, I think we have a deep and talented rotation, best in the league (with McCarthy replacing El Duque), and for the most part, they're signed for another 1-2 years.

I also think that this is a fairly deep and balanced team, albiet without any top-line stars. They also have some top-flight young talent coming up in Anderson/Young, etc. For the most part, they play smart, fundamental baseball including good D.

Finally, I think the team is positioned to increase payroll the next year or 2, which will hopefully provide the ability to add an impact hitter either via free agency or by using some pretty strong minor league talent to trade for it.

The combination of the above makes me feel lke the team will be competing for a title over the next 2-3 seasons, something that I don't believe has been true over the past couple, when the team had some pretty obvious holes with little hope of filling them.

Were you listening to the tribe radio station last night? This is almost exactly the feelings of the host (?) of the show concerning the tribe. Good team, some fa's and the tribe will contend for the next 3-5 yrs.

Flight #24
09-16-2005, 03:13 PM
Were you listening to the tribe radio station last night? This is almost exactly the feelings of the host (?) of the show concerning the tribe. Good team, some fa's and the tribe will contend for the next 3-5 yrs.

What I'm not certain of is the Tribe's ability to spend in FA. Chicago market is greater than Cleveland, so things being equal, I think we ought to have more $$$. Plus, I like our rotation a lot better than theirs esp considering Millwood is an FA after the year.

But I don't have any trouble envisioning both the Tribe & White Sox being among the top teams for 2006.

EDIT: But to answer your question, no I was not listening to Tribe radio.

Fenway
09-16-2005, 03:13 PM

Cleveland has done a good job rebuilding. It cost them fan support for a few years but the fans seem to be coming back.

I really think a lot can be said by placing your minor league teams as close to home as possible. They have 4 teams within 180 miles and 3 of them in Ohio itself. Pretty easy for the front office to see the kids often.

http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/minorleagues/team_index.jsp?c_id=cle

There is no excuse for the White Sox NOT to be in the Midwest League at least.

Paulwny
09-16-2005, 03:19 PM
What I'm not certain of is the Tribe's ability to spend in FA. Chicago market is greater than Cleveland, so things being equal, I think we ought to have more $$$.

That was mainly the gist of the show, having $$$ for Millwood and some fa's.

Paulwny
09-16-2005, 03:27 PM
[QUOTE=fenway]
I really think a lot can be said by placing your minor league teams as close to home as possible. They have 4 teams within 180 miles and 3 of them in Ohio itself. Pretty easy for the front office to see the kids often.
/QUOTE]

The Buffalo Bisons were once the sox farm :D: then, thanks to Hawk, Bob Rich ended the agreement as soon as possible. :angry:

Jenks4Pres
09-16-2005, 03:29 PM
It could be worse............We could be Cubs fans!:o:

Skippy
09-16-2005, 03:44 PM
I'm glad that this is happening now, rather than in the playoffs.

If you look through the annals of time, most great champions have fought through adversity in order to reach their ultimate goal.

This is a dark time for the Pale Hose, but I see the light starting to shine through.

When all is said and done, this has been a year full of magical moments that will be etched into our memories for years to come.

maurice
09-16-2005, 04:41 PM
The Sox farm teams are located so that they can be close to one another. With the exception of Birmingham and (to a much greater extent) Great Falls, the Sox farm teams are extremely close.

4th Gen. Sox Fan
09-16-2005, 04:53 PM
I'm with you on the emotionally spent part, but as much as I want to turn them off, I'm still going to watch them, I said to my brother that they were going to be special this year, and that was in December. A few wins and several Indians losses will sooth these jangled nerves

PaleHoseGeorge
09-16-2005, 05:02 PM
I'm pretty sure the Indians have all their farm clubs close to Cleveland mostly for the promotional fan-building aspect to the system. There are lots of Tribe fans in places like Akron and Buffalo thanks to the farm affiliation.

I wish the Sox had at least one minor league affiliate nearby (AAA Indianapolis would be great) but ultimately the job of the minor leagues is to get talent ready for The Show -- not cultivate fans in smaller neighboring towns. That's bass ackwards thinking.

UofCSoxFan
09-16-2005, 05:03 PM
For those saying the'd quit on this team forever if they don't make the playoffs...gimme a break. Become a cubs fan for all I care...I'm sure they'd love to have you.

This would be a huge disappointment but collapses similar to this have occured in all sports. Two years ago the Vikings started out 7-0 and missed the playoffs...their fans haven't gone anywhere.

We are still in pretty good shape. Let's just sit back and enjoy the final two weeks of a pennent chase. I guarantee every other team in the AL rather be in our position than in their current one.

RallyBowl
09-16-2005, 05:17 PM
Thank you... I don't get the "why me? Oh poor me. Oh crap, the pain the pain the pain... I can't bear it another minute," mentality that some of the posters carry with them. It's sports. It's life. Nothing is guaranteed. Nothing is for sure. Nothing is granted. You have to earn it. You have to want it. You have to need it.

If... if... if...

If you don't want to buy in and stand up and live in the moment that is life. If you aren't ready to go for the big prize. If you aren't willing to lose it all, to cry, to hurt, to wander aimlessly from the bedroom to the TV to the fridge for a couple of days then just quit now. Do everyone a favor and get your ***** ass off MY ****ing bandwagon. But, don't come a crying and crawling around next year or the year after. Don't be RHPH's BIL. Do or do not... there is no try. Love the Sox or quit, there is no semi-fan rank. You can either be a fan or you can be one of the masses who jump on a bandwagon when the timing is right. Not to many of those wannabes post around these parts, not because they aren't welcome but because they don't get it. Stand up, be counted, put your heart in the pot and take one for the ****ing team, or don't, but don't come crying around the water cooler in a couple of months or next year or the year after that when the Sox finally win the big prize. The real fans are just going to sneer at you...

****ing *******...

it's just that simple...

Nice work, Voodoo. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one whose post's have been filled with *'s trying to get all these ****ing ******* to support our guys and have some confidence when it is needed the most. A cheesey quote, I will agree, but-

"There's no crying in Baseball.".

Anyone who wants to cut bait when the going gets tough, fine, that's your perrogative. But to anyone who tries to get back on the White Sox BadAsssssss Bandwagon- the first and last thing you will see is my 13 inch boot connecting with your face.

34 Inch Stick
09-16-2005, 05:21 PM

If... if... if...

****ing *******...

it's just that simple...

It looks like we have identified another celeb Sox fan. Thanks for the words of encouragement from Mr. Tony Roberts.

soxfanreggie
09-16-2005, 05:33 PM
I still have faith that the Sox will win. I know that we have been on a skid...but like other skids we have had this season, I feel that we can perservere and come out on a hot streak. We need something to happen...like the big game vs Detroit that ignited a 7 game winning streak or winning 5 out of the next six when we lost 7 in a row.

We have to remember we're still up 4.5...if we can win 2 of 3 from Minnesota...that puts pressure on Cleveland to keep up...taking 2 of 3 from Cleveland would slice into our magic number.

voodoochile
09-16-2005, 06:48 PM
Voodoo:

I like how you feel the Sox will finally win everything in the next few years. I'm curious what makes you think that? Besides 'law of averages' of course...

Lip

It was actually hyperbole. I think the Sox will win the WS eventually. I think it will happen in my lifetime. I hope this is the year and if not that next year is or the year after that or the year after that...etc.

Having said that, I do feel better about the team's current setup to create a series of chances in sequence because the whole starting pitching staff is singed through next season and it is that staff that has carried this team this season. I think it will be even better next year. The Sox will have some money to play with to improve the offense, but I remain optimistic about this season and would prefer to concentrate on it.

Ask me again in November or after the Winter meetings...

deck27
09-16-2005, 06:51 PM

Totally agree, let's hope the team isn't feeling the same way...

Ozz: "I'm a White Sox fan, and I don't want to watch this," Guillen said. "I'm serious. I was wasting my three hours watching this game. I'd rather be doing something with my kids at the park or taking them to school [instead of] watching this ugly game."

I'll watch tonight, and I'll expect we take 2 of 3 from the Twinks. I want that 3.5 game lead when we start the Cleveland series dammit!! Anything else and look for me on a local bridge.

pczarapa
09-16-2005, 07:04 PM

As others have said and as we all know, it is gonna all be settled by the remaining six games against Cleveland. Until then, THE SOX ARE STILL IN FIRST PLACE !!!

If they do pull this out, I believe that they will have momentum into the playoffs and WILL go all the way! (I gotta have faith that their playoff impotence won't kick in as in '83, 93, and '00)

(NOW FOR MY DARK CLOUD STATEMENT...yes, I am "slightly" bi-polar)

I drank enough last night to trick myself into believing the Sox were 30 games back at the All Star break and now have a 4.5 game lead. I was happy for the 30 minutes before I collapsed.

Seriously, I just want to see us play well, I want to see some fight!

Blueprint1
09-16-2005, 07:20 PM
I just got back from Arizona and all i can say is. :whiner: :angry: My boss just walked up to me doing the choke sign. This really sucks.

MarySwiss
09-16-2005, 07:21 PM
I drank enough last night to trick myself into believing the Sox were 30 games back at the All Star break and now have a 4.5 game lead. I was happy for the 30 minutes before I collapsed.
Seriously, I just want to see us play well, I want to see some fight!

Now THAT's the attitude to take! Once again, would we trade places with Boston or LAAAAA? I'm sure they'd love to trade places with us!

voodoochile
09-16-2005, 07:22 PM
I just got back from Arizona and all i can say is. :whiner: :angry: My boss just walked up to me doing the choke sign. This really sucks.

Punch him in the face knocking him to the floor, then kick him in the ribs a few times and start screaming, "FIRST PLACE, BITCH!" over and over again. That should solve the problem and I guarantee you'll feel better about the Sox afterwards...

beckett21
09-16-2005, 07:23 PM
Punch him in the face knocking him to the floor, then kick him in the ribs a few times and start screaming, "FIRST PLACE, BITCH!" over and over again. That should solve the problem and I guarantee you'll feel better about the Sox afterwards...

That just made me feel better, and I never felt bad in the first place. :D:

MarySwiss
09-16-2005, 07:24 PM

Where you went wrong was in not bringing back any scorpions, fire ants, Africanized bees, Gila monsters, or rattlesnakes to put in your boss's desk drawer. :rolleyes:

Chips
09-16-2005, 07:43 PM
A 4.5 game lead right now is just fine. We still have the best record in the AL, we play Cleveland 6 more times, and have owned them all season long. This division is ours. Even if we only take 3 from Cleveland, the magic number is down to 7, then I'm sure we will be able to at least that 2 of 3 from Minnesota and Detroit. The number is down to one. Cleveland will lose some more games this season. We are winning the division.

Cowhead418
09-16-2005, 07:45 PM
Put it this way: We are starting an NFL season with a 4.5 game lead. How big of a lead is that to a team in the NFL? Case closed.

chisoxfanatic
09-16-2005, 07:55 PM
A 4.5 game lead right now is just fine. We still have the best record in the AL, we play Cleveland 6 more times, and have owned them all season long. This division is ours. Even if we only take 3 from Cleveland, the magic number is down to 7, then I'm sure we will be able to at least that 2 of 3 from Minnesota and Detroit. The number is down to one. Cleveland will lose some more games this season. We are winning the division.

This from the biggest dark cloud in America??? :o: :cool:

I can't believe how many have lost faith at work! I tell them to have faith, but they tell me I'm "just another young Sox fan who doesn't know what disappointment really means." This team will NOT choke the division away!

jehosaphat
09-17-2005, 05:09 PM
Uh, 4 games is still 4 games, right? As much as I'd love to be Mr. Sunshine, I seriously hope that Cleveland cools off. :(:

kitekrazy
09-17-2005, 05:52 PM
Ozz: "I'm a White Sox fan, and I don't want to watch this," Guillen said. "I'm serious. I was wasting my three hours watching this game. I'd rather be doing something with my kids at the park or taking them to school [instead of] watching this ugly game."

I heard this too. He's telling it like it is. Is this something the manager should be saying at a time like this? Ditka and Mora said something like this but it never changed anything.

ks_8999
09-17-2005, 10:46 PM
[moderator edit]

You know what? You've been here 3 years and most of your posts are for buying and selling tickets.

Find someplace else to hang out.

You're not a Sox Fan and you'll never be welcome here.

soxwon
09-17-2005, 11:15 PM
uhh 3.5 now

PaleHoseGeorge
09-17-2005, 11:17 PM
uhh 3.5 now

Old thread.

And now closed thread, too.