PDA

View Full Version : Let Me Hear Your Battle Cry!

OzzieBall2004
09-15-2005, 09:54 PM
Enough whining. Enough cliches. Here are facts:

If we go 9 and 8, Indians must go 13 and 3 to force a tiebreaker.
If we go 8 and 9, Indians must go 12 and 4 to force a tiebreaker.
If we go 7 and 10, Indians must go 11 and 5 to force a tiebreaker.
If we go 6 and 11, Indians must go 10 and 6 to force a tiebreaker.

Obviously add or subtract an Indian W for them winning or losing the division outright.

Am I happy? Of course not. Am I worried? You bet. But I think these next two series will tell the story. I still think this team has a 7 or 8 game win streak in 'em. I don't know when, but I think they do. The bats sizzled (hitting around .350) in the KC series. And granted that was off sub-par pitching, but sub-par pitchers owned us when we were winning 4-3, 3-2 ballgames.

The pitchers are out of gas other than Contreras, so hopeful McCarthy takes that spot start against CLE on Monday, and we can go to a 6 man once Freddy gets well. I see us taking 2 out 3 against MIN and CLE.

Most of the meaningless call ups need to get back to their hometowns, it's time for the team that got us so damn excited in the first 4 months to start showing up again 1-25.

I also think if we dont average 30,000+ for the CLE series, we don't deserve the division title.

OzzieBall2004
09-15-2005, 09:57 PM
It's "Win....Or Die Trying."

Not "Whine....Or Die Crying."

Frankfan4life
09-15-2005, 09:58 PM
Your post could use a "we" bit of editing.

OzzieBall2004
09-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Your post could use a "we" bit of editing.

explain.

Frankfan4life
09-15-2005, 10:04 PM
explain.
If we 9 and 8, Indians must go 13 and 3 to force a tiebreaker.

I believe you forgot to insert the word "went" after "we."

Oops! I had to edit my own post.

OzzieBall2004
09-15-2005, 10:06 PM
I believe you forgot to insert the work "went" after "we."

Haha. Dammit. All taken care of.

infohawk
The pitchers are out of gas other than Contreras, so hopeful McCarthy takes that spot start against CLE on Monday, and we can go to a 6 man once Freddy gets well. I see us taking 2 out 3 against MIN and CLE.

And the statement above is really the crux of the Sox problems. The starting pitching, except for Contreras, has been mediocre to bad for the past two months. The good news is that the Sox control their own destiny, win or lose. It's really very simple. If the starting pitching steps up over the past couple of weeks, the Sox win the division. If the starters continue to slide, better hope the Sox can hang on to the wildcard.

The offense is fine. Ozzie is not to blame for anything. It's not KW fault for not making a move at the trade deadline. The following numbers tell the whole story:

August September
Garcia 4.19 5.12
Buerhle 3.46 4.15
Garland 4.78 4.20
El Duque 5.63 7.56

If the Sox don't make the playoffs, these numbers will be provided in any analysis of what happened. The Sox need to lower these numbers in a hurry.

OzzieBall2004
I believe you forgot to insert the work "went" after "we."

I believe you need to do some "work" on this one too.

:smile:

pczarapa
09-15-2005, 10:09 PM
And the statement above is really the crux of the Sox problems. The starting pitching, except for Contreras, has been mediocre to bad for the past two months. The good news is that the Sox control their own destiny, win or lose. It's really very simple. If the starting pitching steps up over the past couple of weeks, the Sox win the division. If the starters continue to slide, better hope the Sox can hang on to the wildcard.

The offense is fine. Ozzie is not to blame for anything. It's not KW fault for not making a move at the trade deadline. The following numbers tell the whole story:

August September
Garcia 4.19 5.12
Buerhle 3.46 4.15
Garland 4.78 4.20
El Duque 5.63 7.56

If the Sox don't make the playoffs, these numbers will be provided in any analysis of what happened. The Sox need to lower these numbers in a hurry.

Well said Infohawk, well said

Frankfan4life
09-15-2005, 10:13 PM
I believe you need to do some "work" on this one too.

:smile:Done. It has been a stressful few days. :redface:

OzzieBall2004
09-15-2005, 10:15 PM
Ozzie is not to blame for anything.

I'm not going to point fingers at this point, but I think a certain amount of blame should be cast his way (that is, if you were to blame anyone). He's been less than stellar at managing the staff, and anyone who disagrees need only look to the countless times he left guys out there who had nothing for 6-7 innings. Sure, this takes a load off your bullpen, but it also exhausts your starters and, well........

infohawk
09-15-2005, 10:33 PM
I'm not going to point fingers at this point, but I think a certain amount of blame should be cast his way (that is, if you were to blame anyone). He's been less than stellar at managing the staff, and anyone who disagrees need only look to the countless times he left guys out there who had nothing for 6-7 innings. Sure, this takes a load off your bullpen, but it also exhausts your starters and, well........
I guess that I would respond by saying that nobody would be pointing fingers at Ozzie for anything if the starters were continuing to throw quality starts on a regular basis. If the starters averaged no more than 3 runs a game in September the Sox would have around 91-92 wins already. I will concede that it is a possibility that the starters are tired because Ozzie let them pitch so deeply into games during the season, but I don't know that for sure.

Frankfan4life
09-15-2005, 10:38 PM

Obviously add or subtract an Indian W for them winning or losing the division outright.

Am I happy? Of course not. Am I worried? You bet. But I think these next two series will tell the story. I still think this team has a 7 or 8 game win streak in 'em. I don't know when, but I think they do. The bats sizzled (hitting around .350) in the KC series. And granted that was off sub-par pitching, but sub-par pitchers owned us when we were winning 4-3, 3-2 ballgames.

Most of the meaningless call ups need to get back to their hometowns, it's time for the team that got us so damn excited in the first 4 months to start showing up again 1-25.

I also think if we dont average 30,000+ for the CLE series, we don't deserve the division title.I liked your post. Anything that will make me feel optimistic at this point is good. But, I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic until I see some good pitching performances. I think putting McCarthy in the series against Cleveland is a good move. I don't think he's feeling the same kind of pressure the regular rotation is under. The Sox need to relax, regroup, and be a lot more patient. They still have a better chance of winning the division than losing it.

LET'S GO WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!

DMarte708
09-15-2005, 10:44 PM

Each of those scenarios are entirely possible. Remember, Clevelands schedule consists of games against KC, Tampa, and us.

OzzieBall2004
09-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Each of those scenarios are entirely possible. Remember, Clevelands schedule consists of games against KC, Tampa, and us.

The whole point is the balls in our court. Granted, we're letting that luxury slip away. But I don't think they'll go 13-3 or 12-4, and If we go 9-8 or worse, we might as well not show up October 4th anyway.

Cowhead418
09-15-2005, 10:55 PM
:DJ

Uh Oh!

whitesoxwin
09-15-2005, 11:29 PM

I also think if we dont average 30,000+ for the CLE series, we don't deserve the division title.

Mostly agree.
Get the vets back on the field and quit experimenting with who might make the playoff roster.
I want to see four things: quality pitching, good defense, smart at bats and move the baserunners in to score.
Ozzy better find a way to get their heads out of their collective a$$es!!!
This is what got--and kept-- the Sox in first place all season.
Another thing, El Dulque can sit the remaining string out--work out of the bullpen.
Marte---well, this is for another discussion.
Also, I really don't care how many show up to Sox Park for the final home stand, but a full ballpark of fanatical White Sox fans, would be a plus.(You better believe there will be a bunch of them Tribe idiots around this Monday-Wednesday.)
Hey, I don't just want to be in playoffs--I want the playoffs to come to us--home field advantage.
Bottom line: Night after night, day after day, all I want to hear:

That's a White Sox Winner!!!

One last note: I really feel for those of you who tried without success to get ALCS tickets. The whole method was a sham, especially since the core of the White Sox fan base are hard working stiffs. Just look at eBay--90+ new ticket ads and another 50 or so ads on StubHub.

maristsox
09-15-2005, 11:38 PM
:DJ

Uh Oh!

LMAO :rolling::rolling:

HotelWhiteSox
09-15-2005, 11:47 PM

I was following you until that last statement. :thud:Seriously WHAT THE **** does that have to do with anything?

SOXfnNlansing
09-16-2005, 12:09 AM
I also think if we dont average 30,000+ for the CLE series, we don't deserve the division title.:dunno:

Unregistered
09-16-2005, 12:11 AM
I guess we'll see you later - we'll let you know how it turns out. :dunno:

OzzieBall2004
09-16-2005, 01:44 AM

I'm going to all 3, and if we can't come up with 100,000+ (repeats included) people over 3 games in the great city of Chicago who realize the importance of this series and want to support this team, no one else finds that troubling? This wasn't a shot at anyone on the board; hell, many people are from out of town or need to travel long distances to get to the Cell. This is by no means a pissing contest.

My point is im sick of every sell out being Boston, NY, Cubs etc., and half the crowd being either for the opponent or indifferent. I bought lower box for Tuesdays Indians game this past Friday. We all know the online codes, have teachers night coupons, etc. This is a chance for us to turn on the damn emotions that have been on cruise control while going through the motions since April, and I'm just hoping for a strong turnout.

If anyones offended by that, I'm sorry, but it's my opinion.

voodoochile
09-16-2005, 02:02 AM
You want my battle cry? You can't handle my battle cry.

Oh what the ****...

Mother****ing ****eating ******* licking dickless punk ass toons... WHO THE **** DO THEY THINK THEY ARE!??!??!?!?? This is my mother****ing division. My mother****ing bandwagon. My mother****ing season and they can go **** their mothers for all I care. I ain't giving up without a gawddamned fight. Bite me batbitch. Eat me CC. Lick me Outcast! I'm ready to rock. Who wants next?

It's go time!!!

Now all you dark cloud mother****ers shut the **** up, line up behind me and lets get this bandwagon into the post-season. It's time to prove you all love the Sox as much as you say you do. No more whining. No more worrying about how the losses hurt YOU so much. Take one for the ****ing team you *******.

LET'S GO SOX!!!

Thanks I feel much better.

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :bandance:

OzzieBall2004
09-16-2005, 02:07 AM
You want my battle cry? You can't handle my battle cry.

Oh what the ****...

Mother****ing ****eating ******* licking dickless punk ass toons... WHO THE **** DO THEY THINK THEY ARE!??!??!?!?? This is my mother****ing division. My mother****ing bandwagon. My mother****ing season and they can go **** their mothers for all I care. I ain't giving up without a gawddamned fight. Bite me batbitch. Eat me CC. Lick me Outcast! I'm ready to rock. Who wants next?

It's go time!!!

Now all you dark cloud mother****ers shut the **** up, line up behind me and lets get this bandwagon into the post-season. It's time to prove you all love the Sox as much as you say you do. No more whining. No more worrying about how the losses hurt YOU so much. Take one for the ****ing team you *******.

LET'S GO SOX!!!

Thanks I feel much better.

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :bandance:

Oh my god..thats exactly what I was looking for. Your enthusiasm matches your post count, they're both kicka**.

THANK YOU!

ElevenUp
09-16-2005, 05:56 AM
http://www.blogman.net/mt2/archives/deangoesmad2-thumb.jpgWHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!