PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here care what Lovable Loser fans think?

hsnterprize
09-15-2005, 06:59 PM
Hey y'all...

I was listening to the Score this morning while I was driving, and the guy on the air (I think it was Mike Mulligan) put out a topic in which Cub fans would comment on the Sox' recent play. Many Cubs fans who called in said they were happy as could be that the Sox' lead over Cleveland was dwindling slowly but surely. In the segment I was listening to, one fan said he had a Sox doll hanging in effigy at his office in spite of all the Sox fans around him. Another said his son and mother-in-law were kicked out of a library because she was making noise while watching last night's game. Another one said in so many words, "Sox fans were giving me grief in 2003...so what goes around comes around." In short, many Cub fans who supposedly claim they don't care what happens to the Sox are just about ready to pop the cork on a celebrating should the Sox fail to make it to the post-season.

Personally, I just snickered at all the comments because I, like many of you, were told that Cub fans don't care about the White Sox. Only now when the Cubs are completely out of any chance of the playoffs do they turn their attention southward, and pray for a 2003-style choke job at 35th and Shields. I don't think it's gonna happen. I don't like how the Sox are playing right now, but I don't think the Sox are going to choke this season away.

This'll probably get a few "Who Cares" responses, but I just thought I'd let you know that there are people wanting the Sox to blow it. And I'm quite sure there'll be a surge of Cleveland Indians merchandise being sold in many north-side sporting goods stores for some strange reason. Too bad they won't get refunds when the Sox clinch the A.L. Central...and that's not misspeak. I said "when" they clinch the A.L. Central, not "if".

Lip Man 1
09-15-2005, 07:10 PM
I expected nothing less. If the Sox fail to complete the mission Sox fans are going to be hammered by Cub fans and the media like never scene before.

Lip

beckett21
09-15-2005, 07:24 PM
Fortunately, my feelings of self-worth are not based upon what Cub fans think about me and my team.

Phew.

the_valenstache
09-15-2005, 07:26 PM
If it happens and they talk ****, we deserve it. No argument there. I remember screaming from my apartment windows "Go Marlins!!!" in 2003. I leprechaun danced all over the tear-stained floors of Cubbie bars and even dressed as a Cubs fan who committed suicide for Halloween that year. I don't see any shame in that. :redneck Pretty much, I've set myself up for a relentless bashing.

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-15-2005, 07:29 PM
the cub 2003 excuse was "at least we made it"

Lip Man 1
09-15-2005, 07:52 PM
Which is something we may not even be able to use.

Sickening.

Lip

cheeses_h_rice
09-15-2005, 08:46 PM
Turnabout is fair play, so hey, let them bring it on. I expected nothing less, so Mulligan's segment this morning didn't bother me in the least.

soxfan26
09-15-2005, 08:53 PM
Fortunately, my feelings of self-worth are not based upon what Cub fans think about me and my team.

Phew.

:woo-woo

"Woo, Don't you worry none about it beckett woo, beckett woo, beckett woo, all us cubbie fans love you! Woo!"

beckett21
09-15-2005, 08:58 PM
:woo-woo

"Woo, Don't you worry none about it beckett woo, beckett woo, beckett woo, all us cubbie fans love you! Woo!"

Yipes! :redneck

chisoxmike
09-15-2005, 09:26 PM
If, if, a BIG if the Sox do in fact choke away the season, at least we won't blame it on other fans or curses. There will be nothing to blame but the team itself.

cheeses_h_rice
09-15-2005, 09:47 PM
If, if, a BIG if the Sox do in fact choke away the season, at least we won't blame it on other fans or curses. There will be nothing to blame but the team itself.

I see you've forgotten about the curse of the "chick scoping bench" and the "Red Cross curse."

:)

DickAllen72
09-15-2005, 10:26 PM
One of the biggest choke jobs of all time was the 2004 Cubs. Remember after they signed Maddux in the spring, they were supposed to be a shoe-in for the WS! The Cubune had them winning 100 games!

Then the Cardinals whipped their asses but hey were still a shoe-in for the Wild Card, and with that great pitching staff, they were still bound to go deep in the playoffs.

Remember what happened the final week of the 2004 season??? No Wild Card, no playoffs, no WS just "Wait 'till next year!"

Screw the Cubs and their fans. Perennial losers.

MarySwiss
09-15-2005, 10:27 PM
The Big Choke ain't gonna happen.

But even if it did, here's the textbook response: Where the hell is that Cubs team that was favored to make the playoffs and even picked by some to win the whole thing while the Sox were picked to finish third in their division at best? Huh? Huh?
Okay, I know that sounds lame, but geez, you guys! Stop worrying about what Cubs fans think! They are inconsequential. And I swear, the next person who tells me that the Sox aren't going to make the playoffs--and is within my reach--is going to get slapped silly!

SOXintheBURGH
09-15-2005, 10:33 PM
I see you've forgotten about the curse of the "chick scoping bench" and the "Red Cross curse."

:)

Don't forget the curse of Baby Pierzynski!

Nellie_Fox
09-15-2005, 11:16 PM
Well, I've made a tradition of doing the Ed Grimley
http://www.dailyprobe.com/arcs/052802/edgrimley.jpg

dance whenever the Cubs have completed a choke, so...

cheeses_h_rice
09-15-2005, 11:22 PM
Don't forget the curse of Baby Pierzynski!

Almost forgot that one -- "ditch the kid!"

hsnterprize
09-15-2005, 11:33 PM
Oh yeah...

I just remembered another call some Cubbie lovin' knucklehead said this morning. He said he's trying to find a logo similar to the C-U-B-S "Choke" symbol made popular in '03 for the Sox. He was another one of those guys who said he's ready to give it to the Sox fans who gave him grief after '03.

I thought Cub fans didn't care about the Sox. I guess I was wrong.

:lynch&mcfail

McFail: We have to do more to get ready for the "What Goes Around, Comes Around" party...

Lynch: Might as well, 'cuz there sure as hell isn't any reason to celebrate what our team's done this year.

McFail: Of course...what's better than celebrating our own over-hyped, mediocre team than to see someone really trying to win go down. We can even scalp, ahem...'scuse me, offer premium tickets for the party, and put that money towards my bosses at the Trib...er, the ballclub.

peeonwrigley
09-16-2005, 12:26 AM
I talked tons of crap to my Cub fan friends in '03 and '04 after they blew it. I have been talking crap non-stop since April this year.

I've got it coming to me... but its not gonna come :D::D::D:

doublem23
09-16-2005, 12:44 AM
Exactly. This little pre-choke splooge is going to come back to them in a big way. We're still in an enviable position, though I'll admit, my confidence is shaken to the core right now.

But the wins always sweeter when it's earned.

DrCrawdad
09-16-2005, 01:05 AM
A few weeks ago I was with two die-hard Cub fans. I told them I was going to refrain from gloating until the Sox had done something worthwhile to gloat about. I'm glad I did that now.

DumpJerry
09-16-2005, 01:11 AM
A friend of mine is a FBI agent. I'm going to talk to her about going into Witness Protection if we don't make the playoffs.

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-16-2005, 06:47 AM
:bs: Yawn.

Jerko
09-16-2005, 09:17 AM
The Cubs may not be choking now, but they've been choking this all season:

http://biology.clc.uc.edu/graphics/taxonomy/animals/aves/Domestic%20Chicken/JSC%200105%20Chicken%2009.JPG

Baby Fisk
09-16-2005, 09:24 AM
Will anyone be surprised by the antics of Cub fans? Just don't let it get to you.

Fenway
09-16-2005, 09:42 AM
The Heckler online now taking potshots at Ozzie

http://theheckler.com/index.php?page=0000-DH-05-09-12&idrub=64&idsite=1&PHPSESSID=c5d2fe70b098ca5e7fb1be29d64f5708

http://www.theheckler.com/public/spec/upload/SSR-web-05-06.461.jpg

According to manager Ozzie Guillen, the White Sox could have taken at least two games out of three from the Los Angeles Angels at U.S. Cellular Field this weekend—if they wanted to.

"We just didn't feel like it," said Guillen after Sunday's 6-1 loss. "The Angels could be our opponents in the postseason, and since whatever team we play will probably sweep us, we figured it was a good idea to give our fans a preview of what they’re in for come October."

The White Sox were baseball's hottest team the first half of the 2005 season, but they have struggled quite a bit over the past two months. Conventional wisdom says the lackluster weekend series against the Angels, which drew a total of 4,200 fans to the park, couldn"t have come at a worse time, with the Cleveland Indians narrowing the South Siders' lead in the AL Central.

Not so, claims first baseman Paul Konerko.

"This is a great time to show our fans what the Sox are all about," he said. "It's called choking. We did it in the 2000 playoffs, so who's to say it'll be any different this year?"

Comments (91) (http://javascript<b></b>:HaloScan('05-09-12');)
http://www.haloscan.com/comments/theheckler/05_09_12/

lets blow their server up

daveeym
09-16-2005, 10:35 AM
The Heckler online now taking potshots at Ozzie

http://theheckler.com/index.php?page=0000-DH-05-09-12&idrub=64&idsite=1&PHPSESSID=c5d2fe70b098ca5e7fb1be29d64f5708

http://www.theheckler.com/public/spec/upload/SSR-web-05-06.461.jpg

According to manager Ozzie Guillen, the White Sox could have taken at least two games out of three from the Los Angeles Angels at U.S. Cellular Field this weekend—if they wanted to.

"We just didn't feel like it," said Guillen after Sunday's 6-1 loss. "The Angels could be our opponents in the postseason, and since whatever team we play will probably sweep us, we figured it was a good idea to give our fans a preview of what they’re in for come October."

The White Sox were baseball's hottest team the first half of the 2005 season, but they have struggled quite a bit over the past two months. Conventional wisdom says the lackluster weekend series against the Angels, which drew a total of 4,200 fans to the park, couldn"t have come at a worse time, with the Cleveland Indians narrowing the South Siders' lead in the AL Central.

Not so, claims first baseman Paul Konerko.

"This is a great time to show our fans what the Sox are all about," he said. "It's called choking. We did it in the 2000 playoffs, so who's to say it'll be any different this year?"

Comments (91) (http://javascript<b></b>:HaloScan('05-09-12');)
http://www.haloscan.com/comments/theheckler/05_09_12/

lets blow their server up That's pretty funny, don't see why it would offend a sawx fan though and why their servers need to be blown up.

chitownhawkfan
09-16-2005, 10:41 AM
One of the biggest choke jobs of all time was the 2004 Cubs. Remember after they signed Maddux in the spring, they were supposed to be a shoe-in for the WS! The Cubune had them winning 100 games!

Then the Cardinals whipped their asses but hey were still a shoe-in for the Wild Card, and with that great pitching staff, they were still bound to go deep in the playoffs.

Remember what happened the final week of the 2004 season??? No Wild Card, no playoffs, no WS just "Wait 'till next year!"

Screw the Cubs and their fans. Perennial losers.

Outside of Wrigley they were selling cartoon shirts of their five starters with the title "5 Aces" hahaha, if a Cubs fan wants to talk trash, just quite them with your fists.:mad:

slavko
09-16-2005, 10:42 AM
Heckler stuff is funny. Got to admit it. We had three really fun months when we were King Of The World and the humor was flowing on this board. I'm ready to take the backlash like a man (or woman, got to be PC). But we've still got that 4.5 game lead. Hey, I'm going to the off-track this afternoon. I'm gonna bet all the horses who won every start until July and have looked like poopie since then.

Dick Allen
09-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Nothing that any Cub fan says or does should have any bearing or significance to anybody else on the planet. That's how insignificant and useless they are.

Fenway
09-16-2005, 11:04 AM
Heckler stuff is funny. Got to admit it. We had three really fun months when we were King Of The World and the humor was flowing on this board. I'm ready to take the backlash like a man (or woman, got to be PC). But we've still got that 4.5 game lead. Hey, I'm going to the off-track this afternoon. I'm gonna bet all the horses who won every start until July and have looked like poopie since then.

These are funny
All the Dusty rumors are true (http://theheckler.com/index.php?page=0000-DH-05-09-15&idrub=3&idsite=1&PHPSESSID=d12e9db74484ce0b952ae995756abf2a)
Ambitious Baker to manage Cubs, Dodgers and Nationals in 2006
The Daily Heckle, Thursday, September 15, 2005
http://www.theheckler.com/public/spec/upload/05-09-15-dusty-web-TM.572.jpg
What will next year’s Cubs, Dodgers and Nationals have in common?

Dusty Baker.

The Cubs manager revealed to reporters that the rumors regarding his future are true, but with a surprising twist.

"Dude, I plan on managing all three teams with cell phones, ESPN and the Internet," Baker said. "I can manage from anywhere. Plus, I can make more money."

According to Baker, experimentation is the main objective for next year. READ MORE (http://theheckler.com/index.php?page=0000-DH-05-09-15&idrub=3&idsite=1&PHPSESSID=d12e9db74484ce0b952ae995756abf2a)

Wrigleyville marks 1,000th ATM (http://theheckler.com/index.php?page=0000-DH-05-09-14&idrub=3&idsite=1&PHPSESSID=d12e9db74484ce0b952ae995756abf2a)
No room for more on the street, so it’s in a local apartment
The Daily Heckle, Wednesday, September 14, 2005

There was much fanfare surrounding the installment of the newest ATM machine in Wrigleyville yesterday morning. Celebrating the 1,000th ATM machine within the five blocks surrounding Wrigley Field, Alderman Tom Tunney said, "This is a testament to the fine community of Wrigleyville and evidence that service fees be damned, cash is king in Wrigleyville." READ MORE (http://theheckler.com/index.php?page=0000-DH-05-09-14&idrub=3&idsite=1&PHPSESSID=d12e9db74484ce0b952ae995756abf2a)

Dan H
09-16-2005, 01:38 PM

Phew.

My feelings exactly. They can have their fun as we did in 2003. But then again, the White Sox aren't finished yet. The worst won't be the Cub fans having their fun. The worst would be the Sox folding into the hugest collapse in Chicago baseball history and that is saying a lot. Regardless, I would still rather be a Sox fan in a losing season than a Cub fan in a winning one.

soxjim
09-16-2005, 01:43 PM
I don't care what a cubs fan thinks about me or SOX.

Hangar18
09-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Turnabout is fair play, so hey, let them bring it on. I expected nothing less, so Mulligan's segment this morning didn't bother me in the least.

I agree ............. We deserve the bashing. This team was built on Pitching, but we couldnt rely on it all season. A number of Cub fans have come out of the woodwork to look me up and start to give me the business, but I remind them about their PAYROLL, their overhyped park, and the fact that after all that, THEY were the team that was expected to Go Places this year, not us.

That statement quiets them down rather quickly .......

The White SOX have accomplished far more this season and in their history than
anything that bogus franchise ever could

whitesoxwin
09-16-2005, 01:58 PM
I don't care what a cubs fan thinks about me or SOX.

RIGHT ON!!!!

Flub fans, Flub players, Flub management group, the Cubune, Urinal Field, Sammy "Corkey" Sosa (guilty by association), Ronnie Woo-Woo(guilty cause he is a worthless--and sometime toothless-- bum wearing a Flub uniform), Ron "Cry me a tune" Santo (guilty--This Old and useless Flub)--

Flubs SUCK and they can kiss my White Sox a$$!!!!!

Baby Fisk
09-16-2005, 02:00 PM
I agree ............. We deserve the bashing. This team was built on Pitching, but we couldnt rely on it all season. A number of Cub fans have come out of the woodwork to look me up and start to give me the business, but I remind them about their PAYROLL, their overhyped park, and the fact that after all that, THEY were the team that was expected to Go Places this year, not us.

That statement quiets them down rather quickly .......

The White SOX have accomplished far more this season and in their history than
anything that bogus franchise ever could
Fans of the over-hyped, under-delivering Cubs have more to be worried about in the long-term.

samram
09-16-2005, 02:55 PM
Well, if there's a group of fans that knows how to best celebrate a choke, Cubs fans are it. They've been celebrating one for 36 years.

CaptainBallz
09-16-2005, 03:05 PM
Regardless, I would still rather be a Sox fan in a losing season than a Cub fan in a winning one.

AMEN, brother!

:gulp:

hose
09-16-2005, 04:18 PM
I would be more concerned if Cub fans weren't giving us crap.

It's one thing for Cub fans to pile on I can except that , but I wont listen to the sports blab on the radio or tv .