When did he say that?

DaveIsHere
09-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Make that the new Sox-0-Gram on the site...something like

"**** the other team, or Die Trying!!"

buehrle4cy05
09-15-2005, 06:45 PM
When did he say that?

After the game, saw it on SportsNite on CSN.

Palehose13
09-15-2005, 06:46 PM
Make that the new Sox-0-Gram on the site...something like

"F*** the other team, or Die Trying!!"

:?: Um...I have a comment about that new "motto", but it is a little inappropriate.

DaveIsHere
09-15-2005, 06:47 PM
:?: Um...I have a comment about that new "motto", but it is a little inappropriate.

Gotcha!!

Haha, that would be bad, and here I thought it was cool:(:

JRIG
09-15-2005, 06:50 PM
"We need to develop an attitude of bleep the other team."

Way to go, Carl. I hope it catches on.

I think it would be better for Carl to develop the attitude of, "Make bat hit ball"

Maybe if he didn't have a .698 OPS since the All-Star Break, we would be in better shape right now.

Vernam
09-15-2005, 06:52 PM
After the game, saw it on SportsNite on CSN.BTW, Carl did actually say "beep," not f***. Though I do like DaveIsHere's motto suggestion . . .

VC

buehrle4cy05
09-15-2005, 06:54 PM
BTW, Carl did actually say "beep," not f***. Though I do like DaveIsHere's motto suggestion . . .

VC

He actually said bleep.

SluggersAway
09-15-2005, 07:06 PM
Does Carl's comment translate to:

a. We need to develop a killer instinct during the game at hand.

or,

b. We need to be less concerned with a certain team in our division.

Any idea? It seems like it could be read either way. Both seem like good advice, I just wonder what Carl is saying the team lacks.

Lip Man 1
09-15-2005, 07:07 PM
Carl should know,he was here for the fades in 2003 and 2004.

Lip

veeter
09-15-2005, 07:16 PM
It's amazing they don't have that attitude already. I would think to get to the major leagues, a player would have to be ultra competitive. Meaning **** the other team would be obvious.

duke of dorwood
09-15-2005, 07:37 PM
Well, we still havent bowled over a catcher on any of Cora's misguided calls at third.

peeonwrigley
09-15-2005, 08:09 PM
Well, we still havent bowled over a catcher on any of Cora's misguided calls at third.

I've been begging for someone to railroad a catcher since August. Victor Martinez or Joe Mauer anyone?

It doesn't even have to be within the flow of the game. He could just be squatting and we can have someone take a run at him from the dugout...it sure killed us last year.

kitekrazy
09-15-2005, 08:22 PM

Lip

LOL! Good point.

buehrle4cy05
09-15-2005, 08:23 PM
I've been begging for someone to railroad a catcher since August. Victor Martinez or Joe Mauer anyone?

It doesn't even have to be within the flow of the game. He could just be squatting and we can have someone take a run at him from the dugout...it sure killed us last year.

Hell, take that even further, how about a full-blown brawl? That will wake the team up, and hopefully fix any chemistry problems they have going on right now.

kitekrazy
09-15-2005, 08:27 PM

LOL! It's good to see some humor.

kitekrazy
09-15-2005, 08:31 PM
It's amazing they don't have that attitude already. I would think to get to the major leagues, a player would have to be ultra competitive. Meaning **** the other team would be obvious.

Great point in realizing how much B.S. this really is. Instead of talk the talk, walk the walk.

RichFitztightly
09-15-2005, 08:43 PM

It's not that we haven't tried. I can distinctly remember Crede trying to bowl over a catcher (probably Mauer) but the catcher side stepped him because of a lack of a play at the plate. Same thing with Konerko. I remeber him trying once, but the catcher side stepped him. Konerko had another chance and blew it. I seem to remember A.J. getting a chance blown by there not being a play at the plate, but unlike Crede and Konerko, I can't distinctly remember it.

SoxSpeed22
09-15-2005, 08:47 PM
Hell, take that even further, how about a full-blown brawl? That will wake the team up, and hopefully fix any chemistry problems they have going on right now.THANK YOU! SOMEBODY AGREES WITH ME!
EDIT: It propelled us to a division title in 2000, why can't it propel us to a WS title in 2005?

Soxzilla
09-15-2005, 08:53 PM
THANK YOU! SOMEBODY AGREES WITH ME!
EDIT: It propelled us to a division title in 2000, why can't it propel us to a WS title in 2005?

That's it. Someone resign Parque and get him up here to start a ruckus!:redneck

:butter
"Iunno man. They might be able to sidestep my 80 mph heater/bean ball and smack it out of the park. BUTter it wouldn't hurt to try!" "And hey, as long as I get my fried chicken, you don't even have to pay me! I'm still tired of those damn peanut butter and jelly sandwiches."

Vernam
09-15-2005, 09:40 PM
He actually said bleep.That's what I mleant. :redface:

VC

DickAllen72
09-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Lip

Carl is the only one that produced down the stretch in 2003. Last year he was injured.

If things go like they usually do, Carl will have a big series this weekend against the Twins. Unfortunately, if things go the way they usually do, the rest of the team will crap their pants against the Twins this weekend.

HotelWhiteSox
09-15-2005, 10:11 PM
Who cares about leaders and attitude, new slogan, just ****ing win.

And I don't think they'll have a problem doing it

I wish that series vs the Indians was right now, I can't wait to steamroll them. :cool:

TaylorStSox
09-15-2005, 10:15 PM
THANK YOU! SOMEBODY AGREES WITH ME!

Are you 12? This team really needs to risk suspensions down the streth. No, better yet, they need a few pitchers to break their hands so SoxSpeed will start believing in them. :rolleyes:

Lip Man 1
09-15-2005, 10:18 PM
Taylor:

For once I agree with you. If personal and professional pride isn't enough to encourage these guys, if they don't realize what is at stake for themselves and by proxy, their fans, then they are dead to begin with right now.

Lip

TaylorStSox
09-15-2005, 10:20 PM
Taylor:

For once I agree with you. If personal and professional pride isn't enough to encourage these guys, if they don't realize what is at stake for themselves and by proxy, their fans, then they are dead to begin with right now.

Lip

I think we've agreed once or twice before. :redneck

SoxSpeed22
09-16-2005, 12:21 AM
Are you 12? This team really needs to risk suspensions down the streth. No, better yet, they need a few pitchers to break their hands so SoxSpeed will start believing in them. :rolleyes:first
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/4459/nothisagainwsi9yo.jpg%5Dhttp://img374.imageshack.us/img374/4459/nothisagainwsi9yo.jpg
second, unfortunately for me, it's too late with injuries and all. But you agree that we need a kick in the butt.
EDIT: I would rather be a juvenile winner than commit a mature choke job.

Whitesox05
09-16-2005, 08:34 AM

Way to go, Carl. I hope it catches on.

I like it! He is the only one on our team that has attitude! He plays with a swagger!

dickallen15
09-16-2005, 10:05 AM
Maybe Carl should concentrate on the game when he's on the basepaths making blunder after blunder, or when he's at bat trying to hit balls 600 feet, than coming up with stupid quotes.

Fungo
09-16-2005, 11:41 AM

Way to go, Carl. I hope it catches on.What surprises me is that this hasn't been the attitude the entire year.:dunno:

RedPinStripes
09-16-2005, 11:44 AM
LOL! Carl cracks me up.

BainesHOF
09-16-2005, 12:16 PM
There was nothing funny about Carl getting picked off third base.

Lip Man 1
09-16-2005, 12:19 PM
Actually this is a better quote courtesy of Ozzie. God how I love that man!

"I am a White Sox fan and I don't want to watch this. I wasted three hours out there watching it. I'd rather be doing something else, like playing with my kids or something, than watching this ugly-(bleep) game."

Priceless.....

Lip

GAsoxfan
09-16-2005, 01:00 PM
I'd be happy if Carl could remember to stay on the bag.

It still baffles me how he got picked off at 1st when there was a runner at 2nd.

wdelaney72
09-16-2005, 01:06 PM
I agree that talk is cheap. Carl should just shut up and deliver that kind of attitude on the field, not out of his mouth. The pitching staff may want to do the same.

maurice
09-16-2005, 01:19 PM
I can distinctly remember Crede trying to bowl over a catcher (probably Mauer) but the catcher side stepped him because of a lack of a play at the plate.

I don't remember this. OTOH, there definitely was an instance where Crede had a prime opportunity to blindside Mauer, but it was Crede who avoided the contact and was tagged out. Severe ranting ensued in the gamethread and post-game thread with multiple references to the Burke / Hunter incident.

Fake Chet Lemon
09-16-2005, 01:48 PM
Hell, take that even further, how about a full-blown brawl? That will wake the team up, and hopefully fix any chemistry problems they have going on right now.

Oh yes, a brawl will turn Marte into Mariano Rivera, turn Willie Harris into Joe Morgan, and will get McCarthy back in the rotation. Please.