PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* Who's going to the Cleveland series to watch us kick some ass thread

RallyBowl
09-15-2005, 05:52 PM
I pretty much decided that I am going to give up on playoff tickets and focus my energy on what will be the biggest series of the year. I want to be there when we beat down any false hopes the Indians might have in their swollen cartoon heads. Anyone else having similar thoughts? Who's going already?

chisoxmike
09-15-2005, 05:54 PM
****, Next week Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday will pretty much tell us how this is going to go down.

It shouldn't have come to this, but it has. SHOW UP SOX!

RallyBowl
09-15-2005, 06:00 PM
****, Next week Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday will pretty much tell us how this is going to go down.

It shouldn't have come to this, but it has. SHOW UP SOX!

Exactly. Which is why I'm going to be there cheering my ass off for the best team in the AL, instead of sitting here and bitching about how they are not playing to my expectations. You heard it here first- South Side beatdowns for the Indians next week.

Pasqua's Posers
09-15-2005, 06:02 PM
Exactly. Which is why I'm going to be there cheering my ass off for the best team in the AL, instead of sitting here and bitching about how they are not playing to my expectations. You heard it here first- South Side beatdowns for the Indians next week.

mod edit: You know about the language filter rule. Why oh why didn't you edit it yourself? I guess you wanted a little vacation.

Pasqua's Posers
09-15-2005, 06:02 PM
Sorry...wasn't trying to go around language filter. my mistqake mods...just a little fired up.

BeviBall!
09-15-2005, 06:06 PM
I'm there all three games.

BeviBall!
09-15-2005, 06:07 PM
Sorry...wasn't trying to go around language filter. my mistqake mods...just a little fired up.

Go edit that post, mate.

chisoxmike
09-15-2005, 06:11 PM

Oops, sorry, I misread. I thought you said who's going to Cleveland.:redface:

chisoxmike
09-15-2005, 06:15 PM
I just looked on ticketbastard. Only upper deck for next weeks games vs. Tribe. I would assume if the division lead goes down even farther (god forbid!!!) those games sell out by sunday night.

Pasqua's Posers
09-15-2005, 06:19 PM
MAGIC NUMBER HAS TO BE IN THE SINGLE DIGITS BY THEN. 7-8-IF NOT LOWER. IF NOT, THE SEASONS OVER...(NO DARK CLOUD-JUST FACTS)

HotelWhiteSox
09-15-2005, 06:20 PM
:b&b

I'm there dude

chisoxmike
09-15-2005, 06:21 PM
MAGIC NUMBER HAS TO BE IN THE SINGLE DIGITS BY THEN. 7-8-IF NOT LOWER. IF NOT, THE SEASONS OVER...(NO DARK CLOUD-JUST FACTS)
Well, seeing that its at 13 now. That is going to be a hard task. With every Sox win and Indians loss, it goes down by 2.

Madvora
09-15-2005, 06:22 PM
Big series indeed. I've had club level for the Monday game for a while. I took advantage of the half price early in the season.
A few months ago, there was a chance that this could have been the clincher. Now, it's come down to a very very big game.

RallyBowl
09-15-2005, 06:22 PM
I just looked on ticketbastered. Only upper deck for next weeks games vs. Tribe. I would assume if the division lead goes down even farther (god forbid!!!) those games sell out by sunday night.

I saw some pretty good seats, lots of different options, on EBay. All of the prices looked pretty good too.

HotelWhiteSox
09-15-2005, 06:23 PM

How is that fact? Hypothetical: If we sweep the Twins and they sweep KC, then the Magic # will be 10 on Monday, while we preserve the lead, they'd run out of time. Same situation if we get swept and they do as well. I guess I shouldn't even ask since you'll probably be banned soon...

ewokpelts
09-15-2005, 06:24 PM
I'll be there monday night passing out the last of my vouchers for wed's game...**** this ****...it's time to scalp ricky vaughnGene

RallyBowl
09-15-2005, 06:27 PM
How is that fact? Hypothetical: If we sweep the Twins and they sweep KC, then the Magic # will be 10 on Monday, while we preserve the lead, they'd run out of time. Same situation if we get swept and they do as well. I guess I shouldn't even ask since you'll probably be banned soon...

If we sweep and the Royals sweep, wouldn't the magic number be 6?

HotelWhiteSox
09-15-2005, 06:38 PM
If we sweep and the Royals sweep, wouldn't the magic number be 6?

I think 7. Point of mine was in the two situations I listed, the magic # would be double digits and we'd be in good shape

Cowhead418
09-15-2005, 06:46 PM
Here is how I predict next series will play out. Cleveland will come out thinking they have the division in their hands and they will be really really overconfident. Ozzie by then has lit a fire in the team and we come out charging out of the gate and pound the Injuns so far into the ground the first two games that the term "Dark Cloud" around here will become nonexistant for those two days. The third game Cleveland will have cool heads and it will be a throw-up. Sox win the division by 3 games. (KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK ON WOOD)

After the 2nd game Ozzie lets out a huge roar during the press conference to release all of his frustration built up since August. Cubune is so shocked their sports section is blank the next morning.
:)

RallyBowl
09-15-2005, 07:38 PM
Here is how I predict next series will play out. Cleveland will come out thinking they have the division in their hands and they will be really really overconfident. Ozzie by then has lit a fire in the team and we come out charging out of the gate and pound the Injuns so far into the ground the first two games that the term "Dark Cloud" around here will become nonexistant for those two days. The third game Cleveland will have cool heads and it will be a throw-up. Sox win the division by 3 games. (KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK ON WOOD)

After the 2nd game Ozzie lets out a huge roar during the press conference to release all of his frustration built up since August. Cubune is so shocked their sports section is blank the next morning.
:)

I just e-mailed Ozzie, basically telling him that I expect nothing less (in a respectfull and dignified manner, of course).

TimChamp
09-15-2005, 07:53 PM
I'll be there on Monday and Wednesday...although, I'm getting a little tired of going as before this year, I had a near perfect record when I came to the park to watch the Sox play...Oh well...

--Champ out

nasox
09-16-2005, 12:40 AM
I got one for wed. With school, and work, I can't go to more.

TimChamp
09-16-2005, 01:05 AM
Speaking of which, I have an extra ticket for the Monday, 9/19 game, if anybody is interested. Please let me know.

--Champ out

DumpJerry
09-16-2005, 01:16 AM
I'm there Monday. Sigh.

I'll be at the Twins games on Thursday, Friday and Sunday. The Twins games are Ozzie tickets, in January, it looked like the Twins series would be exciting.

soxjim
09-16-2005, 08:30 AM
My wife is taking our 9 year old niece on Monday. Our niece is 11-0 at the cell. 15-0 all games

mike squires
09-16-2005, 11:38 AM
I'll be behind the foulpole in right field IF I can get my tix without my old credit card and verification #.:o: I called them and left a message yesterday but still no word. I'm sure with my license I"ll be fine. (crossing fingers)

Forcast for Chicago (I know it's Chitown and it can change)...High in the mid 70's and lows in the mid 50's. Brrrr. Sounds like playoff baseball weather to me.:smile:

Tekijawa
09-16-2005, 11:41 AM
I'll be there somewhere in Right...

Sad
09-16-2005, 11:42 AM
:notoons
think I'm in Sec. 120, Row 30'ish...

Jenks4Pres
09-16-2005, 11:43 AM
I'll be there. This is going to be a great series!

I hope! :(:

CHISOXFAN13
09-16-2005, 11:48 AM
I'll be at every game next week.

mike squires
09-16-2005, 11:59 AM
Let's not forget this is also the date of Hangers B-day bash. I won't be able to hang long but I'd like to meet up and say hit to some of you. Let us know the details Hangar. Where you'll be at what time etc... The place better be electric.

pdimas
09-16-2005, 12:17 PM
I'll be there same place with my dad Sec 160 Row 2 Seats 9 and 10. I think combined since June we have missed a total of 1 game :smile:

chisoxfan83
09-16-2005, 12:33 PM
I got tickets for every game of the homestand, all I have to say The place better be sold out. Remember when the *cough* Royals were leading the division or close to the top in 03 when they came into Chicago for a 3 game set. I was there the monday and tuesday. The electeicity coming from the crowd was awesome. They were standing for every close play. That was the last time we felt like we were in an actual pennant race and well we all know what happened that season. Lets go Sox and for fans the series coming up with Indians probably will be one of the most covered series at the cell this even more than the yanks and red sox series.

D. TODD
09-16-2005, 01:18 PM
I'll be there Tuesday, and probably Wednesday!

ChiSoxGirl
09-16-2005, 01:19 PM
Monday and Wednesday nights for me! LET'S DO IT!

Cat Thief
09-16-2005, 01:20 PM
Monday and Wednesday. Right by the garbage can (beer holder) at the top of 163. Same place as always.:gulp:

southsidesoxfan1
09-16-2005, 02:28 PM
I'll be there for Monday, scored some nice club level seats earlier in the week. Plan on taking my one month old son to his first game with those tickets.:D: Going on Wednesday, got teacher night discounted bleacher seats. Hopefully I'll be bringing the broom to that one.:gulp:

Foulke You
09-16-2005, 02:33 PM
I'll probably go Monday and drag future Mrs. Foulke You to the game as well.:cool: Anyone have the pitching matchups for that series yet?

CaptainBallz
09-16-2005, 02:39 PM
Be there Wednesday, right field with the Blue Stone Bar & grill crew. The Toons shall FEEL THE COLLECTIVE FURY OF TENS OF THOUSANDS OF :angry: :angry: :angry: SOX FANS DEMANDING WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY THEIRS!!!GO SOX AND SEE YOU THERE!

UofCSoxFan
09-16-2005, 03:58 PM

WHAT???????????

We play 3 games before Cleveland. They two play 3 games. So if we when 3, they lose all three...the magic number would be 7. We would be 7.5 up.

If that's not the case the season is over? IT IS MATHEMATICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO BE LOWER THAN 7. What if we lose every game before then, CLE wins every game...that would make the magic number 13..our lead 1.5. We then go on to sweep CLE...magic number down to 7....lead up to 4.5 with a week and a half left....but the season is over.............

if you are going to jump off the sox band wagon jump off now.

Frankfan4life
09-16-2005, 11:25 PM
I'm going Wednesday with a group of about 35 people. We're going to do some tailgating but I don't know where yet. We'll be in the upper deck 512. The tickets only cost us $3.50. I'm pretty vocal so I'll be working it up there.

I also have tickets for the Sept. 24 (110) and 25 (116) games against the Twinkies.

HotelWhiteSox
09-17-2005, 12:10 AM
I'm there Tuesday, possibly Wednesday.

Gave my tickets away that I had for Monday, I completely forgot when I registered for my Monday night stats class :angry:

WhiteSox16K
09-17-2005, 12:14 AM
I am about 80% sure that I will be making the trip in from DeKalb for Wednesday night. This series is going to be awesome and I don't think I could miss it for anything...not even school.

FielderJones
09-17-2005, 12:25 AM
I got tickets for every game of the homestand, all I have to say ...

:DJ
"Uh-oh!"

Brian26
09-17-2005, 12:31 AM
Got to start looking at this series as a special opportunity: a chance to derail the hottest team in baseball and drive a stake into their heart.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-17-2005, 12:34 AM
Outfield (Sec 157) Monday - Upper Deck Wed as well as Thurs, Fri, Sun against the Twins. I hope one of those is the AL Central Clinch game (with my luck probably Saturday's game).

TomBradley72
09-17-2005, 12:51 AM
I'll be there Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday some how some way....still looking for tix...if anyone has 1 or 2 available...I'm interested. :cool:

Also will be at the Friday and Saturday night games at Jacobs Field the following weekend....hopefully watching September call ups in a few post clinch games.

cbone
09-17-2005, 08:44 AM
Also will be at the Friday and Saturday night games at Jacobs Field the following weekend....hopefully watching September call ups in a few post clinch games.

I'll be there with a group of 8. We are right behind home plate both games. Looking forward to it!

cbone
09-17-2005, 08:54 AM
Just bought 4 decent UD's (Sec 540) for Monday night, bring home a win.

whitesoxwilkes
09-17-2005, 09:53 AM
Bleachers Monday, skybox Wednesday, Sec 125 Thursday, my usual seats in 113 Saturday and Sunday. Let's do this thing!

Realist
09-17-2005, 10:54 AM
I'll be there Monday and Tuesday. Section 144 Row 23.

I'll be the guy wearing the "Toddler With a Glandular Problem Sized Luvs". If anybody wants to meet me for a beer during the game, please bring some baby powder and the first pop is on me.

I've removed all loose eyewear but this ride is still pretty scarey.

Chips
09-17-2005, 10:59 AM
I will be there Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I decided to skip classes on Monday and Wednesday night.

ChiSoxGirl
09-17-2005, 02:33 PM
I will be there Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I decided to skip classes on Monday and Wednesday night.

Are you coming with The Dude? Stop by Hangar's birthday party on the Fan Deck! Sounds like a bunch of people from Core of the Core Night will be there!

chisoxfanatic
09-17-2005, 02:45 PM
Bleachers Monday, skybox Wednesday, Sec 125 Thursday, my usual seats in 113 Saturday and Sunday. Let's do this thing!

Stop by Henry's birthday party on the Fan Deck on Monday. It'll be a game-long birthday bash, which I wouldn't doubt would find its way to Jimbo's post-game.

I'll be there Monday and Wednesday.

chisoxfanatic
09-17-2005, 02:46 PM
Are you coming with The Dude? Stop by Hangar's birthday party on the Fan Deck! Sounds like a bunch of people from Core of the Core Night will be there!

Oh, we don't want the biggest dark cloud in America ruining the party for us!!! :cool:

ChiSoxGirl
09-17-2005, 02:50 PM
Oh, we don't want the biggest dark cloud in America ruining the party for us!!! :cool:

How true! I guess I should've read the declaration in his signature of him admitting to being the biggest dark cloud in American before telling him to stop by the Fan Deck! :tongue:

chisoxfanatic
09-17-2005, 02:55 PM
How true! I guess I should've read the declaration in his signature of him admitting to being the biggest dark cloud in American before telling him to stop by the Fan Deck! :tongue:

But, what was I thinking? I mean, I'm sure YOU want someone to have his arm around you for the entire game. :wink:

ChiSoxGirl
09-17-2005, 03:03 PM
But, what was I thinking? I mean, I'm sure YOU want someone to have his arm around you for the entire game. :wink:

Good thing that was written in teal, or I'd have something to say about it! :tongue:

Frankfan4life
09-17-2005, 03:39 PM
So far, none of the Cleveland series games are sold out. This is a shame. This series is the most important, to date.

Sox fans step up and represent!

QueerGirrl
09-17-2005, 07:37 PM
There will be 4 of us going on Monday. I got club level seats yesterday and I'm probably going to a game from the Twins series. Let's go SOX!!!!

jake27
09-18-2005, 12:59 AM
i will be there monday, either by myself or with some friends, but ill be there. depending on how much $ i have, i may go wendsday

TornLabrum
09-18-2005, 08:20 AM
I've had a ticket for Monday's game since my package arrived, so I'll be there. Unfortunately it's the only one I can make.

mike squires
09-18-2005, 09:36 AM
So far, none of the Cleveland series games are sold out. This is a shame. This series is the most important, to date.

Sox fans step up and represent!

Monday, being half off night...expect a big walk up. I'll be very dissapointed if it's playoff atmosphere type of baseball.

mike squires
09-18-2005, 09:37 AM

I'll be there. I can't stay long. My wife and daughter will be there. I'll have the retro Fisk jersey on. I'll be pumped.

Vernam
09-18-2005, 10:21 AM
I'll be there every game on the homestand, sec 527, row 2. It's going to be amazing stuff -- for all the good reasons, I trust.

VC

bafiarocks03
09-18-2005, 11:24 AM
I'm going on Tuesday!!!!!! YES! And i'm in a pickle! oo that was fun to say! lol! ok anyway..I have to cheer for Coco and Grady but people will like seriously kill me if i do! BUt i really don't care! So I'm going to!

FedEx227
09-18-2005, 11:57 AM
Yes we will...you do NOT cheer for slightly attractive baseball players at a time like this!

I'll be there Tuesday as well! We need to get nice and loud the WHOOOLE GAME!

Jerko
09-18-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm going on Tuesday!!!!!! YES! And i'm in a pickle! oo that was fun to say! lol! ok anyway..I have to cheer for Coco and Grady but people will like seriously kill me if i do! BUt i really don't care! So I'm going to!

Any chance of bafiarocks getting grounded before Tuesday? Grady and Coco are more important than Paulie, Ozney, and your Willie? :tsk:

MeteorsSox4367
09-18-2005, 04:08 PM
Wednesday night, I'll be there with my Sox cap and jersey on and rosary beads in my pocket as we go for the sweep and a 6-1/2 game lead. God, I want the Sox to win this so we can tell all the people who have doubted the Sox and predicted their demise to shove it.

This is playoff-style baseball and if the fans and players can't get pumped for this...

THIS IS STILL OUR YEAR!!

soxjim
09-18-2005, 04:12 PM
Just talked to my wife on the phone. Our 9 year old niece is 11-0 at the cell this year and can't wait to make it 12-0 after tomorrow.:smile:

peeonwrigley
09-18-2005, 04:18 PM
Tuesday & possibly Wednesday for me. Sitting wherever my AAA card will get me.

D. TODD
09-18-2005, 04:22 PM
Section 123 on Monday, and hopefully Wednesday somewhere also, not positive for Wed. yet.

chisoxfanatic
I've had a ticket for Monday's game since my package arrived, so I'll be there. Unfortunately it's the only one I can make.

Hal, stop by the Fan Deck for Hangar's bday bash!

SoxFan76

Why would you have to cheer for Coco and Grady Sizemore? Are you a Sox fan or not? :?:

I'm going Monday, and I can't wait. The atmosphere is going to be great. And it's also going to make that magic number go down by 6.

bafiarocks03
09-18-2005, 04:23 PM
No guys, I'm so getting on the JumboTron on Tuesday again, because i have great seats 145 like row 15 and the cameras see you when your like out itn the open! so YAY!

chisoxfanatic
09-18-2005, 04:23 PM

I'm telling Willie!!!

soxwon
09-18-2005, 10:23 PM
im contemplating going now.

Flights roundtrip are $179.
i have to talk to the wife first.

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-18-2005, 10:32 PM
i would go if i didnt have school

Shammy Hater
09-19-2005, 02:02 PM
driving in from kalamazoo for the game. hopefully it doesn't ****ing rain!

Doobie148
09-19-2005, 02:09 PM
My husband and I will be there Wednesday in the Club Level.

chisoxfan83
09-19-2005, 02:23 PM
Ill be there all 3 games :)

spiffie
09-19-2005, 02:24 PM
Will be there tonight. Wish I could be there on Wed. but I promised the g/f we'd go see Beck in concert. Maybe I convince her she wants to go with a friend ;)

whitesoxwin
09-19-2005, 03:18 PM
I'm there for a White Sox Winner!

Skippy
09-19-2005, 03:21 PM
I will be there tonight. Club level baby!

BOX350, row 5, seats 9-10

I am 3 and 0 at Sox games this year, looking forward to win number 4 and a 4 1/2 game lead in the Central.

WhiteSox16K
09-19-2005, 03:23 PM
Tuesday night, I'll be making the trek in from NIU. I could not be more physched about this series.

spongyfungy
09-19-2005, 03:54 PM
Tuesday night, I'll be making the trek in from NIU. I could not be more physched about this series.

Me too! from NIU as well.

logansquaresox
09-19-2005, 04:18 PM
Oooooh! Ooooooh! *Jumps up and down with hand raised*

dcb33
09-19-2005, 04:27 PM
I'll be in the UD tomorrow, and thanks to a hookup at work, I scored a free ticket in 134 for Wednesday! Go Sox! Scalp the Toons!

SoxFan76
09-19-2005, 04:28 PM
I'm coming from NIU as well. What's the best route? 88 to 294? or 290 maybe?

spongyfungy
09-19-2005, 05:05 PM
I'm coming from NIU as well. What's the best route? 88 to 294? or 290 maybe?

88 East -> 290 East-> 94 South

I'm bad hoodoo. 0-5 in white sox games this year.