PDA

View Full Version : Garcia may be skipped, per whitesox.com

kittle42
09-15-2005, 06:03 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050915&content_id=1210891&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Ozzie may skip Freddy on Monday vs. Cle...McCarthy would pitch.

LaHerdiaGrande35
09-15-2005, 06:18 PM
Let's all say our prayers and hope they get answered so MCcarthy pitches instead of EL Duque. We've given him enough second chances.

kittle42
09-15-2005, 06:19 PM
Let's all say our prayers and hope they get answered so MCcarthy pitches instead of EL Duque. We've given him enough second chances.

Then who pitches instead of Garcia? :?:

DickAllen72
09-15-2005, 06:20 PM
I guess it's worth the risk seeing that Garcia doesn't pitch well at Cellular Field and he has shown signs of being tired/sore lately anyway.

Let's hope the "phenom" McCarthy shows up and not the "rookie" McCarthy.

antitwins13
09-15-2005, 06:48 PM
Nice! Let's see what the kid is made of

Lip Man 1
09-15-2005, 07:12 PM
It is totally unfair to McCarthy and the team itself to put him into that kind of position. In the middle of one of the most crucial series of the season with perhaps a huge blown divisional lead at stake and NOW Ozzie's going to turn to him?

Unbelieveable. I don't care if he goes out and throws a four hit shutout it's not fair to all involved.

If Ozzie felt someone was tired McCarthy should have pitched against the Royals or better yet Saturday instead of that fossil Hernandez.
At the rate he's gagging he'll be useless in the post season cause the Sox may not get there.

Lip

buehrle4cy05
09-15-2005, 07:39 PM
Nice! Let's see what the kid is made of

Did you miss the Boston and the Texas games he pitched? I think he's ready.

JimH
09-15-2005, 09:19 PM
It is totally unfair to McCarthy and the team itself to put him into that kind of position. In the middle of one of the most crucial series of the season with perhaps a huge blown divisional lead at stake and NOW Ozzie's going to turn to him?

Unbelieveable. I don't care if he goes out and throws a four hit shutout it's not fair to all involved.

If Ozzie felt someone was tired McCarthy should have pitched against the Royals or better yet Saturday instead of that fossil Hernandez.
At the rate he's gagging he'll be useless in the post season cause the Sox may not get there.

Lip

Not sure what fair has to do with it at this point. It's a pennant race, they have six guys who can start games, and a five man rotation. Garcia might need to miss a turn, with that info apparantly coming out after last nite's game. They have one extra starter, that's McCarthy.

Somebody's got to pitch against Cleveland. Maybe it should be the guy who doesn't have physical problems at the moment, and that's McCarthy.

Lip Man 1
09-15-2005, 09:34 PM
Jim:

Just playing devil's advocate here. And if he blows up and craps in his pants in what may be the single biggest game of the season what then? Players have been ruined under far less pressure. And what do the players say and think? Are you setting yourself up for a divided clubhouse?

No thanks. I'll take a tired Garcia and take my chances. He's not going to get any more tired between now and Monday night is he?

Lip

kitekrazy
09-15-2005, 10:11 PM
Jim:

Just playing devil's advocate here. And if he blows up and craps in his pants in what may be the single biggest game of the season what then? Players have been ruined under far less pressure. And what do the players say and think? Are you setting yourself up for a divided clubhouse?

No thanks. I'll take a tired Garcia and take my chances. He's not going to get any more tired between now and Monday night is he?

Lip

For 2 years, I'm still trying to figure out what was so great about Garcia. I think he leads the league in wild pitches and he gives up the long ball.
When they used McCarthy for the make up game for the Red Sox, I though that would be one of those "gimme" games. That's not a line up I would want a rookie to face.
I doubt the kid would do any worse than what our starters are doing now. His situation is different. He's working for a starting spot in 06 and possibly a spot on the playoff roster.

JimH
09-16-2005, 10:19 AM
Jim:

Lip

Mark it comes down to whether or not Garcia is able to pitch. None of us know what "tired" means when it comes to a pitcher.

They have to make a determination which guy gives them the best chance to win on Monday. If it's a 50% version of Garcia or a 100% version of McCarthy ... they have to make that choice.

McCarthy is a tough young man. Even if he gets torched that won't be the end of him. Personally I like the idea of throwing someone at Cleveland they haven't seen a bunch of times. Seems to work pretty well against the White Sox, yes?

White Sox Randy
09-16-2005, 11:52 AM
I heard Ozzie say that from now on Contreras and McCarthy start every game - we're not *uckin around anymore !

TomBradley72
09-17-2005, 01:54 AM
If that's the move....I'd throw BMac against Minn....so Contreras opens the Cleveland series......