Hernandez v. Santana
Contreras v. Lohse

KC at CLE

Gobble v. Elarton
Hernandez v. Lee
Lima (YUCK) v. (does it matter, but....) Sabathia

RallyBowl
09-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Garland dominates Friday. Duque will be a late scratch on Saturday, BMac steps in for victory number two. Sunday Contreras continues his hot streak for a sweep at the Metro-dumb! Bust out those brooms!!!!!!

maurice
09-15-2005, 06:33 PM
The thought of Hernandez v. Santana is positively nauseating. At least McCarthy could give us a fighting chance. Thanks, Ozzie. :angry:

On the bright side, Minnesota has lost 6 of their last 9, and 12 of their last 20. They have the second-worst offense in the AL.

BeviBall!
09-15-2005, 07:15 PM
At least that's what I've been told.

The Sox have an opportunity in front of them that they didn't want. Like a person that has to give a presentation to the board and he's terrified of public speaking.

We are now playing our most hated rivals, back-to-back-to-back. What better chance than this? There's no more looking ahead, which we were guilty of in both series with KC. It's playoff baseball, AL Central style.

Take these next 10 games one day at a time. I'd love to see 7 of 10. With Garcia being skipped for McCarthy, I think it can be done.

Go Sox... we'll still be out there for you come Monday.

MarySwiss
09-15-2005, 07:17 PM
Well said! :cool:

pczarapa
09-15-2005, 07:21 PM
It's pretty simple, our destiny is in our hands. We play 6 against them. Every win shoots the magic number down 2.

BeviBall!
09-15-2005, 07:22 PM
It's pretty simple, our destiny is in our hands. We play 6 against them. Every win shoots the magic number down 2.

A position I'll take over having to watch Tribe/Royal box scores the rest of the way.

mikesouthside
09-15-2005, 07:24 PM
I have faith. Past records mean squat right now. Twins want to help us choke, Tribe wants what we have and the Tigers....we'll they might be the wildest cards in this mix. Gut check time boys. Stay strong people. Turn your cell phones off so haters can't get ya down and just keep checkin' here at WSI for support. WE ARE ALL FAMILY !!! GO SOX !!!

:hug:

Madvora
09-15-2005, 07:25 PM
I keep thinking about how I will be looking back on this stretch next year.
Will I be saying, "oh man remember that horrible second half of the season last year and how the division lead got so small...

a) but then they just tore it up and went on an unbelieveable rampage out of nowhere...

or

b) that's when everything went downhill, and the Indians never lost

I'm hoping for choice "a"

ewokpelts
09-15-2005, 07:28 PM
better they step up and win this the old fashioned way than coast to a first round sweep...
Gene

DannyCaterFan
09-15-2005, 07:29 PM

It just never should have come down to the six games against Cleveland.

Cowhead418
09-15-2005, 07:34 PM
I hope Guillen and the players spend the rest of the day throwing stuff and channeling their frustration (if they even care:angry: ) so that they can come out in Minnie kicking ass. I believe that Ozzie can get this team fired up to go on a 5 game winning streak if he handles them the right way. Oh and start McCarthy over Duque will ya!

I've checked some Indians boards and some Sox boards - Sox fans are ready to concede the division and Tribe fans act like they have it won already. I really hope the players get some billboard material for the rest of the season and use it to get them fired up in some way.

If we are still leading 4.5 games at the end of the Minnesota series, I'll be confident. Hopefully the Royals can win at least one game in Cleveland. Seriously though I wonder what the Indians record would be if they didn't play such ****ty teams in the 2nd half. They are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overdue for a losing streak. Actually Tampa Bay has handled them quite well this year.

With our crappy play recently, I'll be satisfied with a playoff berth. It's gone from WS or bust to ALCS or bust to ALDS or bust. The Sox need to kick some serious ass these next few games to bring my rate of satisfaction back up. They don't seem to care anymore and act like they've clinched already. Ozzie, I hope you've got a plan.

LET'S KICK ASS! BRING ON THE TWINKIES!:cool:

Lip Man 1
09-15-2005, 07:38 PM
Danny:

I agree with you 100%. Unbelieveable that it has come down to this due to their own ineptness.

Lip

SluggersAway
09-15-2005, 07:40 PM
How do you know we've reached the "darkest" point?

You may be right that it is indeed darkest before dawn, but we may have a ways to go before dawn arrives.

I think something happened behind the scenes that screwed up the chemistry on this team. Many times the personal can get in the way of team effort and success. Petty concerns become overblown and everyone loses focus. This team is just not playing well together and they don't seem to want to play together nor do they look like they enjoy doing so. That is disastrous for a team and it is very hard to rebuild and pick up the pieces if bruised egos are involved. Some people seem to enjoy going down with a ship just to prevent others from participating in the spoils of war.

It is all just conjecture on my part, probably not the whole story, but you need unity to gain momentum and some players have called others out at times which may have slowed this team down.

buehrle4cy05
09-15-2005, 07:49 PM
Look at it this way:

We split the 6 games against Cleveland. -6 off the magic #, so it would be at 7. Then:
Win 7
Win 6, Cleveland Lose 1
Win 5, Cleveland lose 2
Win 4, Cleveland lose 3
Win 3, Cleveland lose 4
Win 2, Cleveland lose 5
Win 1, Cleveland lose 6
Win 0, Cleveland lose 7

Cowhead418
09-15-2005, 07:53 PM
So we have 6 against the Tribe, 7 against the Twins and 4 against the Tigers. A split against the Tribe should be relatively easy to accomplish. That means we have to win 7 combined against the Twins and Tigers. Doesn't look so dark when you look at it that way.

longshot7
09-15-2005, 07:55 PM
I'm trying to remember Voodoo's awesome mathematical analysis.

The season boils down to this.

If the Indians win 2/3 of their remaining games (16), they'd have 95 wins.

The Sox have to only go 8-9 in their remaining 17 to finish with 96 wins.

We can do this. Gut check time.

Fenway
09-15-2005, 07:59 PM
As Bat-Girl in Minneapolis told my friend Annie this morning

Oh, Anne, you have a most excellent name, and do not fear, for my Twins cannot hit water if they jumped from a boat, and your pitchers pitch better than water.

BTW I see drummer boy from Cleveland is going to The Cell next week..give Mr. Adams a warm South Side welcome

kitekrazy
09-15-2005, 09:48 PM
The Sox have to only go 8-9 in their remaining 17 to finish with 96 wins.

We can do this. Gut check time.

I felt the same way until this series. Too bad our last 17 games aren't against the Royals.

WhiteSox12482
09-15-2005, 10:25 PM
I felt the same way until this series. Too bad our last 17 games aren't against the Royals.

What makes you think the same thing won't happen to Cleveland? How devastating would it be to lose to Royals after getting all this attention? Clevelands Record vs. KC is 7-5
Clevelands Record vs. Tampa Bay 3-4
Clevelands Record vs. White Sox 3-10

It's not all good in Cleveland in either, just take it one day at a time, we had some bright spots today. I think the White Sox will be up for the Twins.:smile:

ElDuque26
09-15-2005, 10:33 PM

With this being the case... a split with them makes the magic number 7...we should be able to win 7 other games as we play 7 with minnesota and 4 with detroit...it should happen...but its true...its IN OUR HANDS no matter how well the indians play

RMSoxFan
09-16-2005, 01:47 AM
Why does everyone assume that it will be no problem to split with Cleveland? We only have one starter who's worth anything right now, our bullpen has been shaky, and we haven't been getting the timely hitting and manufactured runs of earlier in the season. They have forward momentum and we have backward momentum. Granted, I still think the odds are better than 50-50 that the Sox win the division, but I don't think it's as simple as a lot of people are making it out to be.

getonbckthr
09-16-2005, 01:57 AM
start el duque. he's facing santana right? why waste an arm on a gm which we really dont have a chance with. plus with minny's offense that might be a start to fix his head a confidence builder.

voodoochile
09-16-2005, 02:08 AM
ugh?

You *****...

longshot7
09-16-2005, 04:34 AM
start el duque. he's facing santana right? why waste an arm on a gm which we really dont have a chance with. plus with minny's offense that might be a start to fix his head a confidence builder.

Santana has struggled recently. Why throw the towel in on any game? You should be ashamed!

Cat Thief
09-16-2005, 08:16 AM
What makes you think the same thing won't happen to Cleveland? How devastating would it be to lose to Royals after getting all this attention? Clevelands Record vs. KC is 7-5
Clevelands Record vs. Tampa Bay 3-4
Clevelands Record vs. White Sox 3-10

It's not all good in Cleveland in either, just take it one day at a time, we had some bright spots today. I think the White Sox will be up for the Twins.:smile:

Good post. Not such an easy schedule as alot of people think. However, they have owned Baltimore this year. Maybe the Oriole bats will show up that last weekend to send the Indians home for good.

Fenway
09-16-2005, 12:24 PM
friend got another email from bat-girl in Minneapolis

Oh, god, nothing hurts more than losing to KC, nothing. Of course, I am not White Sox fan, but I have met plenty of very nice people who are, and I am sorry that you have to experience that. I still think you're fine, really.

And we make every pitcher look like Cy Young!

LaHerdiaGrande35
09-16-2005, 10:44 PM
BTW I see drummer boy from Cleveland is going to The Cell next week..give Mr. Adams a warm South Side welcome
Whoever's going to that game please beat that guys face in with his frieking drumstick. I can't stand that boom, boom, boom all game long when watching on TV.

jerry myers
09-17-2005, 07:41 PM
Ive been very nervous latley like everyone else, sunday against the twins then the indians. very big week infact the biggest all year! ive been mad,sad and all else even said some things i didnt really mean. but us fans have got to be on the up. our sox may play very well the next week. they have been terrible latley, but that can change the very next game.a week from now we may be excited to be heading to the playoffs. its not going to take alot,just win a few more games than we lose. ive got a poster on my wall with the number 12, next for me to x out, im ready! heads up sox fans.