PDA

View Full Version : PANIC BUTTON has been hit!

Pulaski
09-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Who has hit the Panic Button? Indians only 4.5 back after our poor effort today.

Reminds me of 83
09-15-2005, 04:17 PM
I am no Chicken Little, but I am freakin'!!!!!!:o:

Rocky Soprano
09-15-2005, 04:17 PM
Call me a dark cloud if you want, but I just don't see this team doing ****.

And it kills me to say that. :whiner:

Medford Bobby
09-15-2005, 04:18 PM
:angry: Ozzie Mauch:o:

duke of dorwood
09-15-2005, 04:19 PM
:angry: Ozzie Fall :angry:

jshanahanjr
Where is the pitching that carried the team the first 4 months?

na_na_na_na
You know what, after this series it doesn't look good. Most depressing day in my sox life. Didn't get playoff tickets and now it looks like they won't even be in the playoffs.

Bums.

buehrle4cy05
09-15-2005, 04:20 PM
Anyone who hasn't is living in a fantasy world. I always do my best to stay optimistic, but this is becoming increasingly harder. I never thought I would have to be rooting against Cleveland at any point this season. I feel like laying down and just :whiner::whiner::whiner:

kevingrt
09-15-2005, 04:21 PM
After these last two games the panic button has officially been hit and I am preparing for hibernation. This sucks, I still am optimistic we can hold this out and make the playoffs, but the PANIC button is officially set to ON. And I hope Ozzie address that the panic button is on in todays postgame. Maybe it will wake the team up.

bigdommer
09-15-2005, 04:21 PM
The only positive is that we have 6 more games with the Indians. And before you wonder why that is a positive, think about this:

1) People seem to forget that we are 10-3 against Cleveland this year, winning all 4 series including a 4-game sweep in Cleveland. And don't give me "Oh, that was before we were playing bad and Cleveland was playing good." These are the same teams, and the Sox were coming off a 3 game sweep at home by the A's...which raised dark clouds.

2) We are not going to win this thing because we built up a huge lead and can limp into the playoffs while Cleveland gets hot. We will win this thing because we are going to split or better with the Tribe (who have nothing to lose). If they take it to us...then we don't deserve to be there. I would rather go head to head with the Tribe than to keep taking losses to the lowlife Royals.

harwar
09-15-2005, 04:22 PM
I'm not going to quit until we are dead.. or i'm dead.. whichever comes first.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-15-2005, 04:23 PM
I have two thoughts:

:threadblows: :threadsucks

whitesoxwin
09-15-2005, 04:24 PM
I guess it is time to get ready for the bashing from the friggin' Flub fans.
What the hell happened?
Did the team just decide to die?
I just don't know........

ShoelessJoeS
09-15-2005, 04:25 PM
I have two thoughts:

Thank you, at least someone else is still sane. Time to panic, come on guys. Panic when were NOT in first anymore.

The Dude
09-15-2005, 04:26 PM
The only positive is that we have 6 more games with the Indians. And before you wonder why that is a positive, think about this:

1) People seem to forget that we are 10-3 against Cleveland this year, winning all 4 series including a 4-game sweep in Cleveland. And don't give me "Oh, that was before we were playing bad and Cleveland was playing good." These are the same teams, and the Sox were coming off a 3 game sweep at home by the A's...which raised dark clouds.

2) We are not going to win this thing because we built up a huge lead and can limp into the playoffs while Cleveland gets hot. We will win this thing because we are going to split or better with the Tribe (who have nothing to lose). If they take it to us...then we don't deserve to be there. I would rather go head to head with the Tribe than to keep taking losses to the lowlife Royals.

Yeah the old White Sox were 10-3 against Cleveland. This bunch of guys I have no idea who they are. Maybe they're the Sox that people predicted to be 3rd. I really dont know who the **** they are now, but whoever they are sure as **** arent the players who built the best record in the AL. We can hope that this pumps up the Royals to kick the **** out of the Toons because they have 7 games against them coming up.
GO ****TY ROYALS, beat the Toons!

34 Inch Stick
09-15-2005, 04:26 PM
Maybe this is all JR's plan to win back Chicago. He saw that the 69 Cubs are so fondly remembered in parts of this city. He figured if he could have a team just like them, maybe he would finally win the hearts of Chicago.

soxfan26
09-15-2005, 04:27 PM
Panic if you like, I'm going down with the ship

GO SOX!!!

:lsox

nasox
09-15-2005, 04:27 PM
I have two thoughts:

"I didn't think it was possible, but this thread not only sucks, but blows."

This is why I avoid WSI after really bad losses. We'll be fine. I'm only here because of playoff tickets. Seriously, the sky is not falling. Maybe thundering, but not falling.

pdimas
09-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Thank you, at least someone else is still sane. Time to panic, come on guys. Panic when were NOT in first anymore.

Yeah at least wait until the end of the week when we are fighting for the wild card.

cheeses_h_rice
Maybe this is all JR's plan to win back Chicago. He saw that the 69 Cubs are so fondly remembered in parts of this city. He figured if he could have a team just like them, maybe he would finally win the hearts of Chicago.

http://www.digitalfox.com/digitalfox/johnf-ingkerry/foilhat_files/foil5.jpg

"Brilliant!"

soxfan26
Yeah at least wait until the end of the week when we are fighting for the wild card.

:tealpolice:

The Dude
09-15-2005, 04:29 PM

http://www.wgnradio.com/art/jdfwalk/santohead.jpg
"69 really brought Chicago alive. I see the Cubs getting better every day...I see a World Series. Chevy and the Chicago Cubs, what a winning combination."

I call your bull**** ron!

Madvora
09-15-2005, 04:33 PM
Officially depressed. Back to back bad losses and Hernandez pitching this weekend.

We better step it up right now because that magic number is not moving.

Pulaski
09-15-2005, 04:36 PM
You know what, after this series it doesn't look good. Most depressing day in my sox life. Didn't get playoff tickets and now it looks like they won't even be in the playoffs.

Bums.

At least you didn't lose the TicketMaster fee.

kevingrt
09-15-2005, 04:36 PM

This is why I avoid WSI after really bad losses. We'll be fine. I'm only here because of playoff tickets. Seriously, the sky is not falling. Maybe thundering, but not falling.

It's seriously true it's only thundering, but the lightening is about a mile from striking us

Pulaski
09-15-2005, 04:41 PM
I have two thoughts:

You can say this Thread Sucks; however, I am extremely concerned. This team is not playing with any heart and emotion. In addition, they are not loose and are all tight.

Don't get me wrong, I will continue to support the team and will be at every home game next week.

You can be a supporter, but still be very concerned (panic).

Chisox353014
09-15-2005, 04:42 PM
I haven't hit the Panic Button yet, but I've started typing in the launch sequence on my Escape Pod just in case. I don't want to be on Earth, let alone Chicago, if we do end up blowing this thing. The razzing from Flub fans alone will make life unbearable.

JeffIsTHEMAN
09-15-2005, 04:46 PM
Nothing wrong w/ being a concerned fan

Ol' No. 2
09-15-2005, 04:46 PM

This is why I avoid WSI after really bad losses. We'll be fine. I'm only here because of playoff tickets. Seriously, the sky is not falling. Maybe thundering, but not falling.When in danger or in doubt
Run in circles, scream and shout.
:wink::wink:

StillMissOzzie
09-15-2005, 04:47 PM
I haven't hit the Panic Button yet, but I've started typing in the launch sequence on my Escape Pod just in case. I don't want to be on Earth, let alone Chicago, if we do end up blowing this thing. The razzing from Flub fans alone will make life unbearable.

You know that. The entire city, aided and abetted by the Cubune, will make everyone forget about the '64 Phillies or the '69 ScRubs if the '05 Sox blow it.

SMO
:angry:

AZChiSoxFan
09-15-2005, 04:47 PM

I'm so sick of people posting about the Sox 10-3 record vs. Cleveland. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but all 13 of those games came before the Tribe turned into the '27 Yankees!!!!

AZChiSoxFan
09-15-2005, 04:50 PM

Well, let's see. The Sox just lost 5 games in the standings in the last week, so apparantly one week from today, Cleveland will be in first by .5 game. Then will it be alright to panic?

CaptainBallz
09-15-2005, 04:51 PM
Sox need love right now. Man-love, woman-love, child and animal-love. Whatever it takes. I'll be there against the Tribe next Wednesday. I'll start the slow clap.... They'll remember...

AZChiSoxFan
09-15-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm just really glad that Ozzie is sitting McCarthy, so that Buehrle gets to pitch every 5th game and help his Cy Young chances.

Wsoxmike59
09-15-2005, 05:01 PM
http://www.getdigital.de/images/produkte/t2/t2_panic-button.jpg

I wish it weren't so, but I'm not liking where this season is headed.

If we can't handle the pressure of a regular season series against K.C. or MN, then we certainly aren't ready for prime time in the A.L. Playoffs.

A_ROW33
09-15-2005, 05:21 PM
I haven't hit the button yet, but I'm at Defcon 4. I'm actually more disappointed than worried at this point, I do not like the way our guys have played recently, but hey they already have as many wins as that championship calibur cubs team did. We get to play cleveland ourselves and I think that will get all the cylinders firing again. Hopefully we can at least tread water till that point..

anoone
09-15-2005, 05:29 PM
Some quick number crunching forecasting a worst-case scenario, up to 161 games played.

- Sox go 7-8 the rest of the year reaching 95 wins with one to go.
- Tribe go 11-4 reaching 95 wins with one to go.
- Last game of the year is Sox-Tribe in Cleveland.

The only question is will 95 wins be enough for a wild card, should the worst happen.

Unfortunately, the above scenario is all too plausible.

We shall see.

beckett21
09-15-2005, 05:29 PM

GO SOX!!!

Amen brother. :cool:

mweflen
09-15-2005, 05:32 PM
Some quick number crunching forecasting a worst-case scenario, up to 161 games played.

- Sox go 7-8 the rest of the year reaching 95 wins with one to go.
- Tribe go 11-4 reaching 95 wins with one to go.
- Last game of the year is Sox-Tribe in Cleveland.

The only question is will 95 wins be enough for a wild card, should the worst happen.

Unfortunately, the above scenario is all too plausible.

We shall see.

7-8 the rest of the way is not "worst case." The way things are going, it's optimistic. I just hope we wake up in time for the 6 against them.

Lip Man 1
09-15-2005, 05:33 PM
Anoone:

Considering Cleveland plays the Royals seven times and the Devil Rays three times, 11 wins may be conservative.

Also who wants to bet the Twins don't trot out their Triple A lineup versus the Sox this weekend, unlike last weekend against the Tribe.

Lip

antitwins13
09-15-2005, 05:36 PM
I was at the game where Hermy gave up the three runs in the 9th. I havn't hit the panic button just yet. However, Hermy has sucked so much I long for the days when we heard a GONG!!! before the closer came out.

Ol' No. 2
09-15-2005, 05:36 PM
What, exactly, does a panic button do? Does it win games for you? Does it make a loss any less painful? If you're that strung out, forget the panic button and have a few of these:

:gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp:

Better have a few more for good measure.

Lip Man 1
09-15-2005, 05:39 PM
The way these clowns have been playing better make that bourbon.

Lip

beckett21
09-15-2005, 05:42 PM
What, exactly, does a panic button do? Does it win games for you? Does it make a loss any less painful? If you're that strung out, forget the panic button and have a few of these:

Either that, or just cut to the chase:

:bong:+:prozac

Medical disclaimer: I am neither condoning nor recommending this behavior. Do so at your own risk. :redneck

anoone
09-15-2005, 05:43 PM
Anoone:

Considering Cleveland plays the Royals seven times and the Devil Rays three times, 11 wins may be conservative.

Also who wants to bet the Twins don't trot out their Triple A lineup versus the Sox this weekend, unlike last weekend against the Tribe.

Lip

Here is my prediction for the wins breakdown per team (worst case, as I see it)

Sox:
@ Min 1/3
Cle 0/3
Min 2/4
@Det 3/4
@Cle (first 2) 1/2
Total: 95 wins w/ one to go.

Cle:
KC 2/3
@ CWS 3/3
@ KC 3/4
TB 2/3
CHW (first 2) 1/2
Total: 95 wins w/ one to go.

This is my take if both teams keep performing as is. If the Sox really collapse, then that last game will be a moot point.

RavenswoodFan
09-15-2005, 05:45 PM
I'm begining to think I might end up with refund on my credit card!:angry:
COME ON SOX get in gear!!!!!!

JohnBasedowYoda
09-15-2005, 05:45 PM
i'm not voting, because i hit it a while back already

BeviBall!
09-15-2005, 05:47 PM
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:d6A7w8IZZ3kJ:www.cohr.com/images/DangerSignNews.gifhttp://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:tKifefVYelYJ:www.emotioneric.com/panic.jpghttp://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:RMMITrM7nkEJ:www.cybermarket.co.uk/ishop/images/923/153-191.jpg

LongLiveFisk
09-15-2005, 05:47 PM
I am not really panicked, I'm just more pissed than anything. These guys need to have a little killer instinct in them. Still up a few games, now get some sense of urgency and do it already. Easier said than done obviously, but the truly great teams rise to the occasion. In the next couple of weeks we will really find out what this team is made of.

Come on Sox!! :bandance:

Brewski
09-15-2005, 05:56 PM
A very clean and sober looking John Kruk just said that the Sox will wake up and win the division over the Indians. Does that count for anything? The team can and will come out of this. We're still 5 games up in the loss column.

Take a warm bath while listening to soft music. Relax. Didn't Harry Caray say "don't worry about something that hasn't happened yet?"

BeviBall!
09-15-2005, 06:08 PM
Didn't Harry Caray say "don't worry about something that hasn't happened yet?"

I think it was Chip and I think he said "BELTED!"

MarySwiss
09-15-2005, 06:08 PM
Anoone:
Also who wants to bet the Twins don't trot out their Triple A lineup versus the Sox this weekend, unlike last weekend against the Tribe.Lip

(I did this fast, so I may be off a game or two, although I don't think so). According to my research, the Tribe so far is 6-4 against KC, 3-4 against Tampa Bay, and 3-10 against us. So it's not like they own any of the teams they are playing.

Going into this series against KC, we were 11-3 against them. Who'd figure we'd drop two of three? Okay, so we did, but we are done with them now and have only the Twins, Indians, and Tigers to worry about.

And I'm sure you're right about the Twins bringing their A-game, such as it is. But I believe we're 6-5 against them. And 12-3 against Detroit.

That means the Indians have to play teams against whom they have a collective 12-18 record, while we have to play teams against whom we have a collective 28-11 record. And we have a 4.5 game lead.

Yeah, I'm sure someone is going to play the "we're not the same team and neither is Cleveland" card. And I agree that stats can only take you so far. Of course we COULD fail to win another game all year. Then again, so could Cleveland. And if both those things happened and the Twins won out, they'd take the division. That's why they play the games, right?

I still like our chances. :cool:

BeviBall!
09-15-2005, 06:09 PM
That means the Indians have to play teams against whom they have a collective 12-18 record, while we have to play teams against whom we have a collective 28-11 record. And we have a 4.5 game lead.

Well done.

MarySwiss
09-15-2005, 06:12 PM
Well done.

Thanks! I just hope I'm right!

PaulDrake
09-15-2005, 06:14 PM
I still like our chances. :cool: I wish I could say the same.

Madvora
09-15-2005, 06:20 PM
The thing about this is that it doesn't seem like a playoff chase at all. This isn't exciting. This is disappointing and depressing.
I'm sure it's exciting as hell for the Indians fans, but for us... not so much.

We had such a large lead in this division that it almost became boring. Now when it shoudl be exciting, I'm more scared than anything. At least play some good baseball. That's all you need to do to win this division. If you play good baseball you can even win by accident.

This is the same team that had the best record in baseball for months. There are no major injuries that make this team any different than it's been all year (minus Thomas.) We have the ability. We just need to get tough and get the job done.

Dibbs
09-15-2005, 06:24 PM

Me too...I haven't been coming here as much because so many people are just way too delusional.

DannyCaterFan
09-15-2005, 06:26 PM
The larger concern here is that even if the Sox do hold on and win the division, what exactly do we have to look forward to. I would say a repeat of 2000 when we were swept right away. This team is just not playing good baseball right now, and that's why I am panicking! The pitching s--ks, the defense is lowsy, and hitting is sporatic. Everything the Sox were in the first half is gone. It's as if the Indians are wearing our uniforms and became what we were.
Our guys are choking big time. I think they thought that they could ease into the playoffs and turn it on whenever they needed to. Now they are feeling the Indians pressure and can't do anything about it. Time to step up White Sox! Let's wake up and play winning baseball these last 2 weeks.:angry:

BNLSox
09-15-2005, 06:31 PM
Please Shoot me.

Lip Man 1
09-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Mary:

The Sox won the first ten in a row versus the Royals....then lost five of the final eight....to that garbage Triple A pile of dung. Disgusting.

Lip

Hangar18
09-15-2005, 06:43 PM
Well, let's see. The Sox just lost 5 games in the standings in the last week, so apparantly one week from today, Cleveland will be in first by .5 game. Then will it be alright to panic?

This is something ive been afraid of. We won a bunch of games because our pitching was out of their minds, and made up for the terribly bad offense we have. The offense never came around and now everything has gone bad.
I remember people saying
"RELAX" and

"You got to be kidding me, we have the Best Record in the AL and you people are complaining" and

"Dark Clouds"

I remember all those DUMB games we lost, where we couldve won, but I heard "At least we took 2 of 3"

I remember the Manuel-esque lineups
I remember Tadahito sitting all the time
I remember Pods sitting all the time
I remember Vizcaino blowing leads
I remember the first 3 months of Jermaine Dye
I remember the first 5 months of Joe Crede
I remember that offense we used to have ......
traded for a $peed and Defen$e oriented $quad
I remember saying this doggone offense had better pick it up, or else
I remember saying were not going to win with just the pitching we have

It aint over yet, but we are sliding down the mountain and picking up speed.

Cowhead418
09-15-2005, 06:49 PM
I hit the panic button last night but I think I've used up all my negative energy for the rest of the season. I was uber-pissed yesterday but perfectly calm today. At this point I'll be satisfied with a playoff berth. Any wins in the playoffs from there is gravy.

infohawk
09-15-2005, 06:51 PM
Where is the pitching that carried the team the first 4 months?
That's my biggest concern. Our starting pitching, except for Contreras is killing us. We just scored 5, 9 and 5 runs and lost the series. The hitting has been fine. The starting pitchers have to cowboy up before it's too late!!!

MarySwiss
09-15-2005, 06:55 PM
Mary:
The Sox won the first ten in a row versus the Royals....then lost five of the final eight....to that garbage Triple A pile of dung. Disgusting.
Lip

I couldn't agree more, Lip.

And if I hadn't had all those post-game beers, I might remember the exact quote, but it's something about past events not being the indicator of future performance. Meaning--I hope!--that just because we've played like horsebleep in the second half, that doesn't mean we'll continue to do so.

Meanwhile, the Sox WILL win the World Series. This year. No teal. (And no, it's not the beer talking!)

HotelWhiteSox
09-15-2005, 06:56 PM
Not worried, but I think changes have to be made.

1. Pitchers need to be reminded to pitch inside and attack. Goes for the bullpen as well.

2. Everyday lineup from here on out, they've had enough rest

3. No more mental lapses. Easier said than done, but every error and pick off/caught stealing and bad baserunning play will hurt from here on out. Agressive is one thing, stupid is another.

MarySwiss
09-15-2005, 06:59 PM
Not worried, but I think changes have to be made.

1. Pitchers need to be reminded to pitch inside and attack. Goes for the bullpen as well.

2. Everyday lineup from here on out, they've had enough rest

3. No more mental lapses. Easier said than done, but every error and pick off/caught stealing and bad baserunning play will hurt from here on out. Agressive is one thing, stupid is another.

All of this should go without saying, but who the hell knows. Totally agree.

infohawk
I haven't hit the button yet, but I'm at Defcon 4. I'm actually more disappointed than worried at this point, I do not like the way our guys have played recently, but hey they already have as many wins as that championship calibur cubs team did. We get to play cleveland ourselves and I think that will get all the cylinders firing again. Hopefully we can at least tread water till that point..
I'm so hoping that all of a sudden the Sox just go on a tear. I'm also starting to pay closer attention to what the Yankees are doing.

VA_GoGoSox
I know there's not much ball left to play and we have a 4.5 game lead. And I know we are most likely making the playoffs, but I've got to admit that losing 2 to the friggin' Royals and watching Freddy and Buehrle not have their stuff is making me pretty darned uncomfortable.

I'm not so much panicking about the Sox missing the playoffs, but I am panicking about them not doing much when they get there.

gosox3072
09-15-2005, 07:06 PM
Panic button has been hit here.......i said it would when we went below 5 games........4.5:whiner:

Doesnt help that i live in a frat house with all cub fans:(: .

AZChiSoxFan
09-15-2005, 07:09 PM

GO SOX!!!

After taking some time to cool off, I have two comments:

1) I apologize for my earlier posts in this thread
2) SoxFan26: I commend you for your loyalty and devotion as I attempt to climb back on board and re-claim my seat on the ship.

Cowhead418
09-15-2005, 07:22 PM
I know a lot of people are panicking right now but I have better things to do than worry about us losing the division (I've used up all my panic energy for at least a month) so where do you stand? Are you going to jump and spend the rest of the season sulking or worrying or are you going to stay with the captain and go where the ship goes? If the ship gets to the promised land then those of us on the ship will have had great seats for it. However, if the ship sinks then at least we'll have enjoyed the ride while it lasted. You know it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. So, are you going to ride the wave or stay on the beach and watch from afar?

TornLabrum
09-15-2005, 07:23 PM
This report was just on The Score. Dr. James Beckett, team proctologist has reported that an epidemic of tightened sphincter muscles has raced through the White Sox clubhouse. The prognosis at this time is uncertain.

beckett21
09-15-2005, 07:27 PM
This report was just on The Score. Dr. James Beckett, team proctologist has reported that an epidemic of tightened sphincter muscles has raced through the White Sox clubhouse. The prognosis at this time is uncertain.

Just to clarify: he's no relation to me. There's a reason I chose to do feet. :redneck

DSpivack
09-15-2005, 07:40 PM
I'm not panicking. If I can deal with 2003, then I can deal with this year.

This team makes it to the playoffs, great.
They don't, that will suck. And if they don't, I don't see them doing well again for a while.

They brought me up on such a high earlier in the season with the 15 game lead that I've almost grown emotionally detached waiting for the playoffs, waiting for the clincher....waiting...waiting...waiting.

Right now I'm feeling more
:mad: :mad: :mad:
than
:angry: :angry: :angry:
or
:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: .

duke of dorwood
09-15-2005, 07:42 PM

So there wasnt a teapot in the Sox bathroom at Kauffmann stadium? Sure sounded like it

TornLabrum
09-15-2005, 07:42 PM
Just to clarify: he's no relation to me. There's a reason I chose to do feet. :redneck

I was informed that he was a shirttail cousin of yours!

Lip Man 1
09-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Cowhead:

You know if you really try you might be able to work a trite phrase into your commentary.

No one and I mean no one is jumping off the bandwagon. Sox fans are made of sterner stuff but I for one am royally (no pun intended! LOL) pissed off that instead of spending the last few weeks taking a victory lap with the team after a great season, they have to fight and claw just to clinch something because of their ineptness the past six weeks.

Sox fans don't deserve to have to go through that...period.

Lip

bgpoppapaul
09-15-2005, 07:47 PM
I started getting uneasy in early July as we started to score our runs all courtesy of the long ball. It started to feel eerily familiar again. Then came the usual signs......Garland started getting knocked around, followed by Buehrle, then came Hermanson getting blown up, and Luiz Vizcaino (which appears to be Spanish for "inherited runners are about to score) and Marte falling apart and Ozzie starting to go off on the fans. Being an 18 game season ticket holder, and attending 10 or so other games, it really struck me as fun seeing the buzz around the team. However, nerves have led to panic, panic has led to desperation, desperation has led to anger. If this comes to fruition, and they do collapse, which appears to be inevitable.....how do we cope with this? I mean seriously, I thought that getting rid of the "core" of players who previously did their August fade in the last few years would help, but I don't know if I can handle this. I really don't......will it ever be possible to handle this? My god, I feel nauseous. Is there anyone who can talk me out of this? I don't know if I can handle this.

kitekrazy
09-15-2005, 07:51 PM

It would've been easier to put some foilage on the outfield fences.

DMarte708
09-15-2005, 07:52 PM
Wait--so I cite concern with our club several days ago and are banned from any possible postseason play, yet this thread (and yesterdays game day thread) is littered with similar comments and nothing happens?

We enter next weeks series against Cleveland with a lead less than 4 1/2 and I'm afraid what may occur. Sox absolutely need to win the series in Minnesota; or, at the least, hope for Kansas City to defend its shattered honor. Any scenario in which ground is maintained or gained is beneficial to our postseason chances.

These next two series are important and will likely swing the season either in our favor or Clevelands. Hopefully ours. After that point, with three remaining against Cleveland and no substantial ground gained we're in the clear until October.

beckett21
09-15-2005, 07:56 PM
I was informed that he was a shirttail cousin of yours!

No comment. :redneck

kitekrazy
09-15-2005, 07:58 PM
Anoone:

Lip

Which is fine. The Sox can't hit AAA pitchers anyway.

rainbow6
09-15-2005, 08:00 PM
I actually believe the race tightening is a blessing - I was concerned how the team would perform in the post-season if they coasted in September with a double digit lead...the increased intensity that the next two weeks will bring (hopefully) is welcomed.

Even at the All Star break (59 wins) I would have predicted about 95 wins for the year - which they should easily bag. Listenening to talk radio on the way home tonight, you would have though that the Sox had gone 20-40 in the second half...they have played winning baseball (albeit not by much).

I'm looking foward to two and a half weeks of exciting baseball - if the Sox do blow it, they never deserved to be there in the first place.

And I'll save four vacation days.
Luke

Chisox353014
09-15-2005, 08:03 PM
However, nerves have led to panic, panic has led to desperation, desperation has led to anger...anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering!
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/yoda/img/movie_bg.jpg
:D:

kitekrazy
09-15-2005, 08:09 PM
- if the Sox do blow it, they never deserved to be there in the first place.
Luke

True, but I hate being teased. I feel like a Viking fan.

bgpoppapaul
09-15-2005, 08:15 PM
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/yoda/img/movie_bg.jpg
:D:

If going over to the Dark Side has anything to do with rooting for the Flippin' Tribe, then the Dark Side is a wretched place indeed.

soxfan1965
09-15-2005, 08:26 PM
I had a bad feeling before this series about the Sox losing two in a row to KC. It was that double header loss to KC (Athletics) in late September 1967 that did the Sox in that year after being in first place. Now that this KC series is over, the Sox have their destiny in their own hands against the AL central opponents. It's time to "win or die trying". No mental mistakes or shouda, coulda, woulda. If Cleveland beats the Sox, well -- but don't let the Sox beat the Sox, please.

soxfanreggie
09-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Let's hope this team can take the series in Minnesota. I don't want to see Viz warming up unless we're up by 10. I want to see Jenks...lots of Jenks...some Cotts, some Politte...maybe a little of Hermanson in the 8th or something...but lots of Jenks. That kid is on fire; hopefully, we put him in position to close a few games out for us.

As for the lineup...no "this is the 3rd game of the series" lineups...play the starters...maybe give AJ a break...maybe slide Carl in for some pinch hitting...but keep the same line-up.

Starters...you've been the backbone of the team for this long...do what you have done for most of the season best...

It all starts with Garland vs Baker...let's tag this youngster and make him 1-3...and shoot that ERA up to over 4.

As for Hernandez...Santana has a blister...hopefully he isn't on top of his game.

Then for JC...hopefully he shows us his good stuff...

We should win 2 out of 3 (although we are all praying for 3 of 3) going into facing Millwood at the Cell...perfect time to pitch Brandon...have the home crowd behind him...

Lip Man 1
09-15-2005, 08:37 PM
Rainbow:

Let's put it this way. It's now September 15. They still haven't even won 90 games yet have they! All that after a record breaking start. 95 wins is not a lock anymore considering the way these stumble bums have performed the past week. Forget about 100 and 98 wins is rapidly fading.

Lip

beckett21
09-15-2005, 08:39 PM
Rainbow:

Let's put it this way. It's now September 15. They still haven't even won 90 games yet have they! All that after a record breaking start. 95 wins is not a lock anymore considering the way these stumble bums have performed the past week. Forget about 100 and 98 wins is rapidly fading.

Lip

Boy, someone sure seems to be having a blast tonight.

soxfan26
09-15-2005, 08:56 PM
SoxFan26: I commend you for your loyalty and devotion as I attempt to climb back on board and re-claim my seat on the ship.

Save your applause for when voodoo and his friends vote in this poll. :cool:

LostInLeftField
09-15-2005, 08:58 PM
Let's keep it in perspective, gang.

If the Sox go 7 and 10 (.412) in the team's final 17 games the Toons must go 11 and 5 (.688) in their final 16 games, to force game 163 of the season.

Looking at it another way, both the Sox and Tribe have 5 more series to complete the season.

The Tribes chances are pinned on the Sox not winning any of the team's remaining series -- losing 2 of 3 against the Twins, 2 of 3 against the Indians, 2 of 4 against the Twins, 2 of 4 against the Tigers and 2 of 3 against the Indians -- totalling 10 losses, 7 and 10 overall, 95 and 67 on the season.

The Indians then would need to win every remaining series -- 2 of 3 against the Royals, 2 of 3 against the Sox, 3 of 4 against the Royals, 2 of 3 against the D-Rays and 2 of 3 againt the Sox --- totalling 5 losses, 11 and 5 overall, 95 and 67 on the season.

This scenario would force the tie breaker in Cleveland.

Seems like a fat tail outcome, in other words highly unlikely. This is no time to panic, it is time to gear up for the playoffs.

Fuller_Schettman
09-15-2005, 09:11 PM
I have 2 words for this thread:

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/images/assortments/assortment_med.jpg + :booty:

Lillian
09-15-2005, 10:07 PM
I didn't read all of the posts on this thread, however I suspect that no one has suggested that the stats and probabilities just might indicate a significant reversal of the Sox' first half domination over the Central It seems unlikely to me that the Sox are really good enough to end up with dominant stats against a good team like Cleveland.
Why doesn't it make more sense that Cleveland will begin to have much better success against the Sox? They are afterall, playing very well, and are hot. The Sox, in the meantime, are not only losing but they are not looking very good in the process. It would be just like baseball for the law of averages to now catch up to the Sox, who seemed to many, to be playing over their heads in the first half. They won so many close games, with very dominant pitching. Now the pitching seems quite average, and as we all know, the results are that we are losing a lot of those kinds of close games that we won in the first half.
If the Sox were to get swept by the tribe, as we did to them earlier, it would only partially even up the lopsided record we compiled to this point.
It is not a matter of being a Cassandra or a Pollyanna. It is just being realistic. When we can't beat up on KC anymore, why should we be so confident that we will be able to beat a very hot, and quite good team like the Indians?
If the Sox do make it to the post season, they would likely not be favored by the "experts", who are all looking much more astute now that the Sox have stopped overachieving.
It appears that Pods will not be healthy enough to run as successfully as he did in the first half, and his running was credited with being our biggest offensive weapon.
As some have suggested here, all of these projections about the Sox playing .500 the rest of the way, may be optimistic. Right now our pitchers are not .500 caliber pitchers, especially with our offense. Of course, how they could recapture their early season form is the big question. I do hope someone figures it out for all of them, and quick. When we are thinking that McCarthy and Contreras are our best hope, we know that we are in serious trouble. Wow, a co-Cy Young for Mark and John seem almost "laughable" now. That is if it weren't so sad.:whiner:
As you have all said, the thought of a choke of this magnitude is too horrible to contemplate. How long would it take, and what would have to happen, to bring the fans back to the South Side, after such a devastating disappointment?
I hope the players have more confidence and determination than I feel for them right now. They will need every bit of it to save this from being a gigantic embarrassment. If they are true champions, this is their chance to demonstrate it.
Thanks for letting me vent. Sorry for being such a "dark cloud".

WhiteSox12482
09-15-2005, 10:23 PM
I will not hit the button yet, there is still a lot of baseball to be played. Who knows what can happen? Anything is possible, as our White Sox have shown you no series between any two teams is unpredictable. There is only one thing I know, the worst thing to do is get all nervous and giddy just because the lead has dropped below 5.0 games, but did you know that White Sox only the Division in 2000 by only 5 games, over the tribe. I have confidence in the White Sox, they are very close. Once they relize how close this thing is from being over they will start to play ball, it looks like they started in 8th inning when they came back. Unfortunatley, McDougal is one awesome guy. White Sox just need to win a game, then another, just don't over look anybody because Minnesota is a tough team. I will start to hit the button when it's down to what the other leaders have 1 game or 1.5. I know 4.5 isn't much. But there is no rule that says if you have a 15 game lead by pass 2nd half of the season and go directly to the playoffs. The White Sox will understand that they have to earn it. I think after August they though it would be given to them. But on a postive note, I'm glad it's a lead where it makes them wake up. Now we will see what our team is made of. It's put up or shut time for the White Sox. Let's see how they do.

Lip Man 1
09-15-2005, 10:29 PM
Well Beck not being able to sleep well the past few nights because of the garbage on the field and the attitude like 'oh well' has a way of shortening the temper.

Lost:

You scenario is entirely possible which is the point in the first place. It should never have come to this. I give a damn how well Cleveland played. The Sox losing 14 games in the second half to bad teams under .500 is the culprit. At least the Sox still have their own fate in their hands. Beat Cleveland... hell split with Cleveland and it's done. But those games shouldn't have meant squat in the first place.

Lip

beckett21
09-15-2005, 10:35 PM
Well Beck not being able to sleep well the past few nights because of the garbage on the field and the attitude like 'oh well' has a way of shortening the temper.

Lip

I hear you, Lip. But stomping your feet and holding your breath isn't going to help. If it did, this thing would have been wrapped up in June. :cool:

DrCrawdad
09-15-2005, 10:56 PM
When in danger or in doubt
Run in circles, scream and shout.
:wink::wink:

Last night as I watched the Sox blow the game in the bottom of the ninth I yelled, "OH MY GOD!"

Then without missing a beat my four year old daughter said, "Daddy, you shouldn't say that."

http://msrat.tripod.com/jpg/panicbtn.gifhttp://msrat.tripod.com/jpg/panicbtn.gifhttp://msrat.tripod.com/jpg/panicbtn.gifhttp://msrat.tripod.com/jpg/panicbtn.gifhttp://msrat.tripod.com/jpg/panicbtn.gif

rainbow6
09-15-2005, 10:59 PM
Lip-

In 1983 I was 11 years old; I'm embarassed to admit it, but I spent about an hour sobbing in my room after the Landrum (sp?) home run.

In '93 I wanted to hire someone to kill Gene Lomont and the entire Blue Jays roster...

In 2000, I drove home after the sweep consoled only by the thought that we would be a fixture in the postseason for years to come...

whoops.

I no longer have any confidence in the future as a baseball fan - this year is all that matters.

Yes, we have played like crap recently. I came very close to destroying a radio at work today. However, that's baseball...

How'd the mighty Angels do against Seattle this week? They were swept!
Are their fans freaking out?

We have the best record in the league! THE MOST WINS FOR CHRISTSAKE!

I'm going to give them the benfit of the doubt...I might be proven wrong.

Perhaps I'm in denial, but I watch alot of baseball and all teams look like crap from time to time...all teams play crappy defence...all teams make baserunning mistakes....all third base coaches wave in slow-footed bufoons from time to time...it happens.

Not to the Cardinals, though. Christ, do they ever lose?

Luke.

Lip Man 1
09-15-2005, 11:10 PM
Rainbow:

Just curious how big was the largest Angels lead this season. Also the Angels won a World Series in 2002....there probably isn't anybody alive the last time the Sox won one. Things tend to get a 'little' magnified when your baseball team has been that impotent for so many decades. That's why Angel fans aren't 'freaking out,' and many Sox fans are.

Also not helping matters is the wonderful Chicago media ready to stick the lance in the team with glee.

And nothing to be embarassed about...you gave a damn, I respect that. As for me I walked around the TV station for a week looking like someone kicked me right in the groin.

I desperately want to avoid having that feeling again with perhaps the biggest choke job in the history of MLB. I haven't been able to find any teams yet that blew a fifteen game lead...ever.

Lip

DrCrawdad
09-15-2005, 11:22 PM
Also not helping matters is the wonderful Chicago media ready to stick the lance in the team with glee.

My wife told me that this afternoon on WGN radio they were clapping when they reported on the Sox loss.

http://militarycarepackages.blogspot.com/FoxNews2.jpg
WGN is NOT.

http://msrat.tripod.com/jpg/panicbtn.gifhttp://msrat.tripod.com/jpg/panicbtn.gifhttp://msrat.tripod.com/jpg/panicbtn.gifhttp://msrat.tripod.com/jpg/panicbtn.gifhttp://msrat.tripod.com/jpg/panicbtn.gif

Fuller_Schettman
09-15-2005, 11:46 PM
I desperately want to avoid having that feeling again with perhaps the biggest choke job in the history of MLB. I haven't been able to find any teams yet that blew a fifteen game lead...ever.

Lip

Biggest blown lead was the 13 game lead the Brooklyn Dodgers held over the NY Giants on August 11, 1951. The Giants caught the Dodgers on the last Friday of the season, then won a best-of-three with "The Shot Heard 'Round the World". They won 12 of their last 13 regular season games and had a 20-5 September.

1951 NY Giants (http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/NYG/1951_sched.shtml)

LuvSox
09-15-2005, 11:58 PM

GO SOX!!!

Dig It

StockdaleForVeep
09-16-2005, 12:28 AM
Who has hit the Panic Button? Indians only 4.5 back after our poor effort today.

No, more like another Noob to the board wanted to post a thread and will be joining the cardinals fan site cuz they are the hot bandwagon team

go away

voodoochile
09-16-2005, 01:12 AM
I have two thoughts:

:threadblows: :threadsucks\

I totally agree, so I "fixed the poll". Hey, it's a Chicago team. I am only following tradition... What a bunch of *******... 190 of them as of the time of this post.

Soxfest
09-16-2005, 01:18 AM
It is time for Sox to get to steppin now:mad:

soxfan26
09-16-2005, 08:28 AM
\

I totally agree, so I "fixed the poll". Hey, it's a Chicago team. I am only following tradition... What a bunch of *******... 190 of them as of the time of this post.

:bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

soxjim
09-16-2005, 08:34 AM
The team is out of step now. As long as we go into Cleveland with a 4 game lead all this talk will be trivial.

Pulaski
09-16-2005, 08:34 AM
Which is fine. The Sox can't hit AAA pitchers anyway.

That is exactly what I was thinking. We saw it all too much last year and the year before and the year before.

rdwj
09-16-2005, 08:36 AM
Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Hell no! And it ain't over now.

'Cause when the goin' gets tough...

...the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

LET'S ROOT, ROOT, ROOT FOR THE WHITE SOX!! IF THEY DON'T WIN IT'S A SHAME!!

whitesox_1
09-16-2005, 08:40 AM

#### no! And it ain't over now.

it was the japs that bomb pearl harbor.

rdwj
09-16-2005, 08:41 AM
it was the japs that bomb pearl harbor.

Obviously not a fan of Animal House, huh?

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-16-2005, 08:41 AM

#### no! And it ain't over now.

Germans? Forget it, he's rolling....

http://www.acmewebpages.com/graphics/giveup.jpg

Frater Perdurabo
09-16-2005, 08:42 AM
it was the **** that bomb pearl harbor.

:kneeslap::roflmao::rolling:

Still,
:threadrules:

Deuce
it was the **** that bomb pearl harbor.

http://www.virushead.net/results/darth.jpg

*Ignites Lightsaber*

Pulaski
No, more like another Noob to the board wanted to post a thread and will be joining the cardinals fan site cuz they are the hot bandwagon team

go away

I wasn't aware that I am a Cardinals fan.

It is one thing to panic and not support. The fact is our team is flat which has caused me to be extremely nervous. I am a die-hard and am still supporting the team.

I will be at all the home games next week in my seats as usual. So tell me, Am I a Cardinals Fan? ANSWER = NO.

Over By There
it was the [snip] that bomb pearl harbor.

:DJ
"Uh oh!"

harwar
09-16-2005, 08:43 AM
Not to mention .. "1941".
I almost died laughing at that film.

Deuce
09-16-2005, 08:46 AM
Guys, if someone uses a "questionable" word in their post, do not quote it in your replies... that will only direct the mod rage upon you.

:cower:

Frater Perdurabo
09-16-2005, 08:48 AM
Guys, if someone uses a "questionable" word in their post, do not quote it in your replies... that will only direct the mod rage upon you.

:cower:

http://www.gloucestercityhc.co.uk/images/lookalikes/cletus.jpg

"Duly noted."

credefan24
09-16-2005, 08:55 AM
We are still alive. We have the lead in the Central. Albeit, it's not the double digit lead we had a month and a half ago, but so what?! We control our own destiny.

I agree it is easy to get disapointed, heck I was bummed out all last night. But on the way to work, I saw some guy wearing a cub hat and a goofy a@@ grin on his face. And I thought to myself . . . you know what? this team is in a bit of a funk [meaning the White Sox], but we have the tools to win the whole freakin' thing. I'll be damned if Pedro Cerano and Ricky Vaughn are going to come into OUR house, and destory everything this team has worked so hard for this year. Pitching, defense, small ball. That's what brought us this far, and this is what will carry us. I have to think that the performance in KC got this team so fired up, so angry, and so hungry, that we will beging to see the team that we have grown to know and love this year! The SOX control their own destiny, and that destiny leads to October.

Sabathia..... DEAD!
V. Martinez.....DEAD!
C. Lee......DEAD!

Neidermeier..... DEAD!!!!!
NOW LETS GO SOX!!!

alohafri
09-16-2005, 09:56 AM
I don't know if St. Jude can help this team right now. (But just in case, I'm sending Mrs. Aloha out for a couple of candles.)

TornLabrum
09-16-2005, 06:21 PM
Lip-

In 1983 I was 11 years old; I'm embarassed to admit it, but I spent about an hour sobbing in my room after the Landrum (sp?) home run.

In '93 I wanted to hire someone to kill Gene Lomont and the entire Blue Jays roster...

In 2000, I drove home after the sweep consoled only by the thought that we would be a fixture in the postseason for years to come...

whoops.

I no longer have any confidence in the future as a baseball fan - this year is all that matters.

Yes, we have played like crap recently. I came very close to destroying a radio at work today. However, that's baseball...

How'd the mighty Angels do against Seattle this week? They were swept!
Are their fans freaking out?

We have the best record in the league! THE MOST WINS FOR CHRISTSAKE!

I'm going to give them the benfit of the doubt...I might be proven wrong.

Perhaps I'm in denial, but I watch alot of baseball and all teams look like crap from time to time...all teams play crappy defence...all teams make baserunning mistakes....all third base coaches wave in slow-footed bufoons from time to time...it happens.

Not to the Cardinals, though. Christ, do they ever lose?

Luke.

Welcome to life as a Sox fan.

Cowhead418
09-16-2005, 06:27 PM
Sabathia..... DEAD!
V. Martinez.....DEAD!
C. Lee......DEAD!

Neidermeier..... DEAD!!!!!
NOW LETS GO SOX!!!
:roflmao: :rolling:

Reminds me of 83
09-16-2005, 10:52 PM
I know it was just one game, but the way they won showed me there is still some heart and soul in that dugout. I was wondering for a while.

Now its time to have some fun boys and win this thing.

Remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I'm coming back in off the ledge!

1951Campbell
09-16-2005, 11:06 PM
My panic button hurts.

:redneck

:gulp:

TheDarkGundam
09-16-2005, 11:13 PM
I decided during that 7 game losing streak that I wouldn't panic until the lead fell to 5 games.
BUT, after reading some of these posts, i've decided to be more positive.
As long as we play .500 ball, the Clevelands can only afford to lose a couple of games to win the division.
Also, I know everyone here loves SportsCenter and ESPN in general, but did you see who they were talking to the other day about how the Sox have albeit lost the division? That's right, none other than the lovable Jay Mariotti.

DoItForDanPasqua
09-17-2005, 01:27 PM
If Ozzie keeps El Duque in the rotation you can count on an automatic loss every five days. Hernandez vs Satana is like Jamie Navarro vs. Walter Johnson.

http://ignarski.tripod.com/score2003f.html%0910125970.jpg

ode to veeck
09-17-2005, 01:31 PM
I'm glad one of the mods fixed the poll, but dissapointed it won't let me vote again for the new option :redneck

Hangar18
09-17-2005, 01:38 PM
The team is out of step now. As long as we go into Cleveland with a 4 game lead all this talk will be trivial.

A complete 3 game sweep by the SOX vs Indians next week gets our Magic Number down to at least 6

DrCrawdad
09-17-2005, 01:45 PM
If Ozzie keeps El Duque in the rotation you can count on an automatic loss every five days. Hernandez vs Satana is like Jamie Navarro vs. Walter Johnson.

http://ignarski.tripod.com/score2003f.html%0910125970.jpg

If Ozzie trots El Duque out there again to start a game, I may have to give Ozzie the Ligue treatment.

kitekrazy
09-17-2005, 03:11 PM
As long as we play .500 ball,

I'd say the pressure is on the Sox. Did they play .500 this week?

PaleHoseGeorge
09-17-2005, 03:22 PM
I'd say the pressure is on the Sox. Did they play .500 this week?

Pressure falls on the team that's trailing. Boston and Anaheim wish like hell they had a lead like the Sox. Their worse nightmare is Cleveland catching us because the Sox are ahead of them for the wild-card, too.

Get a clue.
:o:

kitekrazy
09-17-2005, 03:34 PM
Pressure falls on the team that's trailing. Boston and Anaheim wish like hell they had a lead like the Sox. Their worse nightmare is Cleveland catching us because the Sox are ahead of them for the wild-card, too.

[not smart to deliberately misquote the webmaster, grasshopper]
:o:

Good point. Only the Cardinals are not struggling.

Hangar18
09-17-2005, 03:38 PM

Get a clue.

Pressure is indeed on the team thats trailing. But the way the SOX have been playing, they sure act like the Pressures on them. Theyve got to remember theyre the ones still in 1st. Hawk commented on that last nite ............

Doggin commented that lately, there are so many SOX fans hitting the "panic button" and Levineline just said that its a "chicago mentality", and its well earned, the team has let the fans down plenty of times over the course of the last bunch of years.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-17-2005, 03:45 PM
Pressure is indeed on the team thats trailing. But the way the SOX have been playing, they sure act like the Pressures on them. Theyve got to remember theyre the ones still in 1st. Hawk commented on that last nite ............

Doggin commented that lately, there are so many SOX fans hitting the "panic button" and Levineline just said that its a "chicago mentality", and its well earned, the team has let the fans down plenty of times over the course of the last bunch of years.

Well speak for yourself. I haven't been hitting the panic button. If the Sox players are feeling "pressure" in the way you describe it -- even with a lead for both the division and wild card -- and six head-to-head games to ultimately decide each team's fate still to be played? Well, they're no kind of champion team are they? And what does that say for the fans who would hit the panic button along with them?

Don't look at me. I'm not in that number.
:cool:

soxjim
09-17-2005, 03:51 PM
True the SOX are in 1st place and are being chased by cleveland. I still think the SOX will clinch in Detroit. I was hoping against the twins because I would get to see my 2nd SOX clincher in person.

kitekrazy
09-17-2005, 04:20 PM

That's the way it looks. 2003 hasn't faded from the memory of Sox fans when the team fell apart against the Twins. Of how about the season that was washed away by the strike?
It's not unusual for a Sox fan or any fan of a team in IL. to have some pessimism.

TheDarkGundam
09-17-2005, 09:44 PM
[moderator edit]

Don't ever -- EVER -- quote that windsock dope. His only point of view is whatever draws attention to himself.

Don't ever do it again.

Ever.

Understand?

TheDarkGundam
09-17-2005, 09:55 PM
yeah, sorry.
I don't know what came over me.
Won't happen again.

brucefan34
09-22-2005, 09:48 AM
"Pucker-Factor" in full effect!!!!!

tstrike2000
09-22-2005, 11:03 AM
Well speak for yourself. I haven't been hitting the panic button. If the Sox players are feeling "pressure" in the way you describe it -- even with a lead for both the division and wild card -- and six head-to-head games to ultimately decide each team's fate still to be played? Well, they're no kind of champion team are they? And what does that say for the fans who would hit the panic button along with them?

Don't look at me. I'm not in that number.
:cool:

You're one of the moderators, you have to be positive. You can't be like, "Hey, I help run this website. Even though the team is sucking, you can post here if you'd like."

Granted, I'm only joking! Of course any diehard Sox fan is a little nervous. Emotions have run the complete spectrum this half. Time is on our side for another 10 days.