PDA

View Full Version : A Tiny Chance Damaso Comes Back?

kevingrt
09-15-2005, 11:09 AM
On both whitesox.com and in the Cubune there is a story about the small chance that Marte might rejoin the bullpen. Here is the Cubune story: Guillen Leaves Tiny Hope for Marte (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050914soxside,1,1114410.story?coll=cs-home-headlines)

Personally I think we don't need Marte for our postseason chances, but I definetely think Marte back on the White Sox would not be a bad idea at all. I think if Ozzie can accept Marte back on the team, and someone give him a pep talk, we should be good to go.

hawkjt
09-15-2005, 12:02 PM
As Oz noted he has second thoughts on his harsh assessment of Marte after the emotional meeting with damaso. I have heard sox players indicate that we need him. Oz admitted he might have let the team down with his hasty decision.

Swallow hard , oz, and let your latino macho ego slide on this one. Work Damaso back into the bullpen over the next 2.5 weeks in non-pressurized mid-game opportunities. If he is healthy he is better than the call-ups and probably as good as Dustin at this point. We cannot afford pride at this point. Need to win games.

Chez
09-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Bruce Levine reported last night that Marte has pitched his last game for the Sox this season and will be dealt in the off season. Which can only mean that we'll see him pitch this weekend in Minnesota.