PDA

View Full Version : Contreras and McCarthy....

White Sox Randy
09-15-2005, 10:05 AM
The White Sox have WON 9 of the last 10 games that Contreras has started!

The Sox have LOST 6 of the last 10 games that Buehrle has started - the same for Garcia, Garland and Hernandez!

I think that those are amazing stats. Ozzie must put McCarthy in the rotation now, not only for his ability but to changeup something with these other guys.

Our starting pitching, which should be our strength, is in shambles right now.

Our only chance to beat anyone in the playoffs is with great starting pitching. Why wouldn't Ozzie go with a 6 man rotation now ?

WhiteSox12482
09-15-2005, 10:18 AM
Ozzie doesn't want to go with the 6 man rotation because he is afraid it will mess up his pitchers schedule. It's now looking like once they clinch, we will give these guys a little time off, they will pitch but only until like the 5th or 6th inning. Key is clinching!

deck27
09-15-2005, 10:21 AM
Who cares if they mess up their precious schedule, the "stars" on the staff have stunk and right now wins count more than feelings.

White Sox Randy
09-15-2005, 10:28 AM
I just thought that I would add that A.J. Burnett has lost his last 5 starts for the Marlins in their playoff drive.

Are you glad we didn't give up the world for him ?

Rocky Soprano
09-15-2005, 10:28 AM
Neither Garland or Buehrle are going to win the Cy Young, more than likely they are tired. GO TO A 6 MAN ROTATION!

WhiteSox12482
09-15-2005, 10:48 AM
It's more up to Ozzie, They do look tired, If I was manager I would've done it know get a spot start McCarthy against KC and move MB to tommrow vs. Minnesota. I think it's just about too late to do it. I wouldn't want McCarthy or Herandez pitching against the tribe for this upcoming week. Like I said it's the managers decsion, once they clinch at least playoff spot, they can rest all they want. Until then keep on battling, plus with Marte out for god knows how long, the White Sox need another arm out in the bullpen. So, I think Ozzie is sticking with what he's got.

kevingrt
09-15-2005, 11:03 AM
Neither Garland or Buehrle are going to win the Cy Young, more than likely they are tired. GO TO A 6 MAN ROTATION!

We need a 6 man rotation before the playoffs. I shouldn't even say playoffs in this statement. But we need McCarthy to be in the rotation because he is one of our most reliable starting pitchers right now. Ozzie is getting on my nerves a little bit without putting McCarthy in the rotation and giving these otehr guys a little break. Who cares about their pitching schedule, if you are a good pitcher you can pitch whenever you want. What happens if we get to October and we have a four-man rotation? Are we screwed to damnation? God just go to 6!

Sxy Mofo
09-15-2005, 11:22 AM
I can post again. I missed you guys.

*smooches*

This lead would be a lot smaller if not for the guys that everyone wanted to trade for burnette.

So, who wants to start a post-trade-deadline-trade rumor about trading garland, buehrle, and garcia?

harwar
09-15-2005, 11:27 AM
I think that there is no question that the starters are tired.
They deny it but what do you expect them to say.
They have thrown quite a lot of pitches this year as Ozzie likes to leave them in as long as possible,sometime too long in my opinion.

LaHerdiaGrande35
09-15-2005, 05:07 PM
Yeah, this is getting a little ridiculous now. !Ozzie, the guys are tired!!They need rest!!We'll win more in a 6 man rotation and right now I really don't give a care if the pitcher's schedule's will get messed up. Just win the frieking division with a 6man rotation, get these tired guys some rest and win!!

Cowhead418
09-15-2005, 06:39 PM
Just a question. When was Buehrle's last quality start. I don't have a clue. That's how bad he's been lately.

buehrle4cy05
09-15-2005, 06:58 PM
Just a question. When was Buehrle's last quality start. I don't have a clue. That's how bad he's been lately.

IIRC, last time out against Detriot.

kitekrazy
09-15-2005, 08:58 PM
Yeah, this is getting a little ridiculous now. !Ozzie, the guys are tired!!They need rest!!We'll win more in a 6 man rotation and right now I really don't give a care if the pitcher's schedule's will get messed up. Just win the frieking division with a 6man rotation, get these tired guys some rest and win!!

Shouldn't Colon be tired? Santana? Any other big league pitcher?
It always seems like the Sox staff can't pitch the 2nd half. I wonder were's Cooper's responisibility in this? It seems like a trade mark of the Sox staff-good 1st half/bp pitchers 2nd half.

ElDuque26
09-15-2005, 09:31 PM
there is no doubt that the starters are getting worn down...you have a 6th man who could start for most teams in baseball (playoff contenders included) let him pitch and spell all these guys a break...and most likely shed one off that magic number that hasnt moved in ages!

Frater Perdurabo
09-16-2005, 08:53 AM
Shouldn't Colon be tired? Santana? Any other big league pitcher?
It always seems like the Sox staff can't pitch the 2nd half. I wonder were's Cooper's responisibility in this? It seems like a trade mark of the Sox staff-good 1st half/bp pitchers 2nd half.

Maybe Ozzie Guillen deserves a measure of responsibility?

If Ozzie likes to pitch his starters deep into games, perhaps he should think about a six-man rotation for a full season, particularly now that the Sox have six legitimate starting pitchers on their roster. The last thing I want to see is Ozzie getting compared to his colleague eight miles north.
:o: