PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* no-*OFFICIAL* postgame thread 9/14/05

cheeses_h_rice
09-15-2005, 09:56 AM
Dead tired last night, so I went to sleep after the Sox scored 6 to take the big lead.

Sounds like we really choked this one away.

Thoughts?

[edit: oops, there it is -- in the Roadhouse of all places. Guess I have some reading to catch up on.]

ode to veeck
09-15-2005, 10:00 AM
LOL Cheeses, maybe we could leave this one here and exclude the gathering clouds

Be nice to rack up a few Ws on the Twinks this weekend

duke of dorwood
09-15-2005, 10:01 AM
We choked this one away

Had a chance to add runs in late innings-didnt. Same old stuff we have seen for 44 games. Players on way to career years earlier, have reverted to form, and we are playing to the real talent level on this team.

cheeses_h_rice
09-15-2005, 10:11 AM
Wow, tons of panicking going on in the Roadhouse thread, not that I disagree with the sentiment. A 5-game lead against the Jndjans with 6 head-to-head games could get down to nothing quickly.

And to think how confident I was once we put that 6-spot on the board in the third inning last night.

Still, we need to take a collective deep breath: we have a 5-game lead. We're in first place, not the Jndjans. They need to catch us. Sure, we all feel like crap today, but they don't give style points for losses or wins. Go get 'em today, MB.

daveeym
09-15-2005, 10:15 AM
Sure, we all feel like crap today, but they don't give style points for losses or wins. Go get 'em today, MB. They do on the northside. Thank you, thank you I'm here all week.

DaveIsHere
09-15-2005, 10:49 AM
I am just feeling kind of ....:?: after last night

batmanZoSo
09-15-2005, 10:51 AM
Wow, tons of panicking going on in the Roadhouse thread, not that I disagree with the sentiment. A 5-game lead against the Jndjans with 6 head-to-head games could get down to nothing quickly.

And to think how confident I was once we put that 6-spot on the board in the third inning last night.

Still, we need to take a collective deep breath: we have a 5-game lead. We're in first place, not the Jndjans. They need to catch us. Sure, we all feel like crap today, but they don't give style points for losses or wins. Go get 'em today, MB.

They have yet to prove they can beat us, too. Even the Indians somehow overtook us, there's always the wild card. :o: :cool:

Baby Fisk
09-15-2005, 10:52 AM
I am just feeling kind of ....:?: after last night
Yep. Went to bed with a Sox lead. Got to the office this morning and it's yet another crazy scene from King Lear busting out here. Losing totally sucks ass. :(:

harwar
09-15-2005, 10:55 AM
I have seen way too much of the bad side of life to be an optimist but i see no reason to give up and quit.
Everyone is frustrated but its pretty much out of our hands except for the fact that we need to give our support to this team until the last bullet is fired.

mike squires
09-15-2005, 11:07 AM
In the orignal post game thread I stated I was going for a jog. Well, I was so dissapointed I kepkkt going and going and going through the night and into the morning. I am currently at the Peoria library checking up on news at WSI. I've informed the wife I'm gonna keep going through October and watch the division series in small town bars. Who knows where I'll end up. At least I totally won't wind up like Forest Gump. I can't grow a beard to save my life.

cheeses_h_rice
09-15-2005, 11:07 AM
I have to say, it's pretty nauseating listening to sportsblab radio today. EVERYONE calling in seems to think the Sox are either not going to make the playoffs or will be blown out in the first round. Some of these "Sox fans" sound like Flub fans rubbing it in; rigoddamneddiculous. Plus there's an inordinate amount of Monday morning quarterbacking going on. Mike North just pointed to a game that Freddy pitched a while back where he wasn't pulled early enough, according to this sports genius, and that's now coming back to bite them in the ass.

Baseball is a weird, crazy game. Anything could happen. Sure, things don't look good right now, but the Sox are absolutely in the driving seat and they control their own destiny.

I have tickets to Monday and Wednesday's games against the Tribe. It sucks that those games happen to now be really important, but I'm looking forward to them.

WhiteSox12482
09-15-2005, 11:14 AM
Come on people,
Relax, I know yesterday's game was a tough one to take, but come on, the angels did the excat same thing and they have a 1 game lead. I don't think people are saying it's over with 18 games left. They just have to forget about it and take it one game at a time. Don't worry about Cleveland. We can handle this ourselves. They should win today at KC. For the first time in 2 or three seasons we have a chance to knock out the twins. So I'm just little worried. Once the starters get back throwing the ball they way we know they can, they will be just fine.:D:

DaveIsHere
09-15-2005, 11:20 AM
Then again as others have mentioned a close finish may be the best thing for this team. It will help to get their feet back under them and play with intensity, I am looking forward to the series with Minnie and Cleveland.

Iwritecode
09-15-2005, 11:22 AM
A 5-game lead against the Jndjans with 6 head-to-head games could get down to nothing quickly.

I remember saying that exact same thing about the Twins lead the past few years. I kept looking forward to the H2H matchups hoping the Sox could make up some ground quickly. So I guess on the other side, a 5 game lead with 6 left against the Tribe can turn into an 11 game lead just as quickly. :wink:

If the Sox just continue to win each series (2 of 3 or 3 of 4) then they still have a chance to clinch at home vs. Minnesota. :D:

tlebar318
09-15-2005, 11:23 AM
Then again as others have mentioned a close finish may be the best thing for this team. It will help to get their feet back under them and play with intensity, I am looking forward to the series with Minnie and Cleveland.

I agree we kind of "coasted" through August and maybe got a little too comfortable...it will be a playoff type atmosphere against the Indians which should be good for us to get ready for the stretch run and the playoffs. Go Sox!

Cellview22
09-15-2005, 11:25 AM
How do you guys think we'll do against Cleveland? Next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday are freakin huge! I'm going Wednesday, and I'd be thrilled if we have a chance to sweep em. If we can just take 2 out of 3, I'll be happy.

Flight #24
09-15-2005, 11:27 AM
Win today and we'll have sliced 3 off the magic number in 4 days....which is just fine. One nice thing about Ozzie - he's pretty good at making sure any individual loss, no matter how bad, doesn't carry over.

WhiteSox12482
09-15-2005, 11:34 AM
How do you guys think we'll do against Cleveland? Next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday are freakin huge! I'm going Wednesday, and I'd be thrilled if we have a chance to sweep em. If we can just take 2 out of 3, I'll be happy.

I have confidence in the White Sox to take 2 out of 3 since we miss Sabathia and Lee, I'm not sure who goes for the Tribe in order but I think we ger Milwood, Westbrook, and Elarton. I like our chances because we are at home, and we have are top 3 going, if that doesn't smell reciepe for 2 out of 3. Then, again with are pitching who knows. But I predict 2 out of three at least.

Also, encourage people to show up, it should be packed to the tops for every game, I'm going to try and get tickets for one of those games if I can find the time to go.

mdep524
09-15-2005, 11:38 AM
I have confidence in the White Sox to take 2 out of 3 since we miss Sabathia and Lee, I'm not sure who goes for the Tribe in order but I think we ger Milwood, Westbrook, and Elarton. I like our chances because we are at home, and we have are top 3 going, if that doesn't smell reciepe for 2 out of 3. Then, again with are pitching who knows. But I predict 2 out of three at least.

Also, encourage people to show up, it should be packed to the tops for every game, I'm going to try and get tickets for one of those games if I can find the time to go. Welcome WS12482! :welcome: One word of caution-be careful mentioning the a-word at WSI. Even though you are trying to be positive, we don't discuss that issue on this board and it only leads to bad things.

Otherwise, I agree with you that the Sox can take 2 of 3 from Cleveland next week, and fans can finally take a deep breath around here.

WhiteSox12482
09-15-2005, 11:42 AM
Sorry, I didn't know it was a touchy subject.:o:

Cellview22
09-15-2005, 11:42 AM
Welcome WS12482! :welcome: One word of caution-be careful mentioning the a-word at WSI. Even though you are trying to be positive, we don't discuss that issue on this board and it only leads to bad things.

Otherwise, I agree with you that the Sox can take 2 of 3 from Cleveland next week, and fans can finally take a deep breath around here.

It'll be nice when we can take a deep breath again. Even if it's just for a few days before the playoffs start, I could use a breather. :D: Can't wait for the Cleveland series.. the Cell is gonna be rocking!

D. TODD
09-15-2005, 11:53 AM
At the start of the year, we looked at Minnesota & Cleveland as our main competition. Well, next week we have to beat our main competition during a seven game stretch. Let's win that combined 7 game series and we will be just fine. Get spanked and then it's a even race with a week to go. Either way it's no time to tuck our tails between our legs and feel sorry for ourself.

JohnBasedowYoda
09-15-2005, 02:07 PM
it looked like dye was drunk in the 9th. he kept reaching for the ball when it was inches away from his grasp