PDA

View Full Version : baseball card of the week

FredManrique
09-14-2005, 11:35 PM
I don't really know where this should go, so mods please feel free to smack me/move the thread.

So anyway... just a request out there to whomever does the baseball card of the week. Would it be possible to also have the back of the card available? I was one of those kids who liked to read the backs of all the cards. This week's Greg Walker card is an old Score card, and I recall that they always had really interesting stuff on the back. Totally nostaglic for me. Thanks for putting it up. :smile:

daslobo
09-15-2005, 08:41 AM
I can't remember what year had them but there were little boxes on the back and you could flip over the card and play a game with it. Each card had single, double, triple, homer, strikeout, lineout, etc. I think it was somewhere between 78 and 81.

MushMouth
09-15-2005, 09:23 AM
I can't remember what year had them but there were little boxes on the back and you could flip over the card and play a game with it. Each card had single, double, triple, homer, strikeout, lineout, etc. I think it was somewhere between 78 and 81.

I played that all the time with my brother. Had to be topps. I bet it was 1980. Just a total guess tho.

Clembasbal
09-15-2005, 09:36 AM
I played that all the time with my brother. Had to be topps. I bet it was 1980. Just a total guess tho.

In my old house, long ago...I used to have a carpet that was a square. It had these white squares about 10 inches off the end in each corner as well. So I used to rip up my triples of cards and use a card as a bat and play baseball with them. Truely baseball cards!

I still collect them too. I am a psycho about them and my wife wants me to get rid of them because they take up an entire closet in the spare bedroom. Last time I check, I had over 40,000 cards...and they are worth about $400:thud:

Medford Bobby
09-15-2005, 02:35 PM
:o: Be care full, alot of that late 80's Topps material reproduces on it own...you may actually have over 80, 000 cards by now.........:mad:

buehrle4cy05
09-15-2005, 04:07 PM
I'm a die-hard baseball card collector. I have boxes and boxes of old Fleer, Topps, and Donruss, but not the ones with the good rookie cards in them (except Griffey's, but that's it). I also have a lot of newer ones....including 40 White Sox Autos and over 200 Sox game-used...easily worth upwards of $1000. I also have just about 1,000 different Frank Thomas cards plus an autographed bobblehead that I pulled in a box. I also have upwards of 3,000 other White Sox base cards...it's a sweet collection:bandance: