PDA

View Full Version : Anybody going to Minny this weekend?

cwsfannick
09-14-2005, 09:34 PM
I will be in attendance for each of the three games at the Hump Dome this weekend. Is anybody else from WSI going up? Go Sox.

cburns
09-14-2005, 09:53 PM
Yeah I'll be there with my gf who goes to school in MN and is a Twinkies fan, but yeah I'll be there on Sat, 6th row down the 3rd base line.

kevingrt
09-14-2005, 10:25 PM
Hopefully Jesus and not the Devil. The Sox need some luck right now and they better be prayin

OG4LIFE
09-15-2005, 12:15 AM
Definitely! driving up friday for the saturday morning!?! game. weird start time.

kitekrazy
09-15-2005, 04:52 AM
I just hope the good Sox team gets there. Not the one we've seen as late.

Viva Medias B's
09-15-2005, 07:26 AM
I'll be in Tucson this weekend (getting R&R and watching some Purdue-Arizona college football), but is anyone going to Minneapolis also attending the Florida Atlantic-Minnesota college football game?

Also, I've thought of going to Minnesota in future seasons for Sox series up there. Is it better to drive or fly up there? Also, what is there to do in the Minneapolis area besides going to the Mall of America?

cleanwsox
09-15-2005, 08:26 AM
I'll be in Tucson this weekend (getting R&R and watching some Purdue-Arizona college football), but is anyone going to Minneapolis also attending the Florida Atlantic-Minnesota college football game?

Also, I've thought of going to Minnesota in future seasons for Sox series up there. Is it better to drive or fly up there? Also, what is there to do in the Minneapolis area besides going to the Mall of America?

I usually fly, but that's more because I have a gas guzzler and it usually works out I only have to pay 30 extra bucks to fly instead of paying gas for the whole way down. However, if you car is pretty fuel efficient, the drive isn't that bad. Usually take between 6 and 7 hours depending on what side of Chicago you are from. Plus an advantage of flying is the light rail, which brings you to downtown Minneapolis and right up to the Dome if need be.

There are plenty of pretty good bars in Minneapolis. Mostly depends on what kind of scene you like. Here is a good site to browse the bars and see specials and what not.

http://www.thriftyhipster.com/minneapolis/downtown/

Sox Blue 69-70
09-15-2005, 09:04 AM
Definitely! driving up friday for the saturday morning!?! game. weird start time.

Seems like this is done at least once every September on a Saturday to accomodate the U of M evening football game.

Mrs. Sox Blue 69-70 and I are planning to be at the Saturday game.