PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Andruw Jones

NSSoxFan
09-14-2005, 10:14 PM
Got his 50th HR tonight. Honestly, I don't think this number will be reached to often in the future. What does everyone else think?

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-14-2005, 10:21 PM
STEROIDS!!! :D:

Soxzilla
09-14-2005, 10:25 PM
Yeah, he is some kind of good.

Pujols might do it sometime.

beckett21
09-14-2005, 10:26 PM
Got his 50th HR tonight. Honestly, I don't think this number will be reached to often in the future. What does everyone else think?

I think that all of the people who were clamoring about a proposed Andruw Jones for Magglio trade are nowhere to be found anymore. :D:

I also tend to agree with you, 50 HR will again be a benchmark in a post-steroid era. Well done Andruw! :cool:

Brian26
09-14-2005, 10:27 PM

I've got a thousand dollars on the table right now that this thread doesn't go 10 posts deep before someone mentions the aborted Mags for Jones deal last summer :D:

Good for Andruw. He seems to have all the ability in the world, and he's finally putting together a GREAT offensive season.

beckett21
I've got a thousand dollars on the table right now that this thread doesn't go 10 posts deep before someone mentions the aborted Mags for Jones deal last summer :D:

You weren't even able to make your post. :cool:

Brian26
I think that all of the people who were clamoring about a proposed Andruw Jones for Magglio trade are nowhere to be found anymore. :D:

Beat me to it, Beckett! :D:

NSSoxFan
09-14-2005, 10:39 PM
Beat me to it, Beckett! :D:

LOL! I actually thought about mentioning that trade, but I didn't want to give the impression that I was mad at KW or anything like that.

Clembasbal
09-15-2005, 10:43 AM
I think 50 will be hit again, especially with all these hitter friendly parks. I would like to see more Petco's and RFK's...well not really RFK's because that stadium is crap but you get the point.

Randar68
09-15-2005, 11:21 AM
I think that all of the people who were clamoring about a proposed Andruw Jones for Magglio trade are nowhere to be found anymore.

Hey, I wanted to trade him for Andruw or Nick Johnson. Either one would be a welcome addition now, wouldn't they?

Next year I expect to be regretting the Sox not trading for Todd Helton or Griffey (although not for a lack of trying)...

Oh well.

SoxFan76
09-15-2005, 01:29 PM
50 is the new 60...again.

Does that make sense? :tongue:

Frater Perdurabo
09-15-2005, 01:31 PM
Hey, I wanted to trade him for Andruw or Nick Johnson. Either one would be a welcome addition now, wouldn't they?

Next year I expect to be regretting the Sox not trading for Todd Helton or Griffey (although not for a lack of trying)...

Oh well.

Randar, what do you think about targeting, say, Carlos Delgado in a trade from FLA or Brian Giles as a free agent, to address the need for a middle of the order LHB?

beckett21
09-15-2005, 01:42 PM

Oh well.

Not sure if my post was unclear. It was directed at the folks against bringing Andruw here because we already had a CF. You were quite outspoken in favor of it as I recall. Imagine that! :redneck

FWIW I was in favor of bringing Andruw here as well IIRC, in some capacity. Hard to argue with the results of this past offseason, though. It would be interesting to know how getting Jones would have affected the rest of the FA acquisitions.

GAsoxfan
09-16-2005, 02:22 PM
Andruw is having a great year, and I think he should be the NL MVP, but his salary would have hindered the Sox ability to fill other holes.

Chips
09-17-2005, 01:09 PM
Andruw is having a great year, and I think he should be the NL MVP, but his salary would have hindered the Sox ability to fill other holes.

He defintely will get some votes. I think he's a hell of a player. But I will always remember Bobby Cox pulling him out of the game in the middle of an inning for not giving it all.

chisoxfanatic
09-17-2005, 03:50 PM

Joe Crede. :D: