PDA

View Full Version : Is my daughter a genious or...

mike squires
09-14-2005, 09:30 PM
are all Sox fan kids this smart. My girl Brooklynne is 22 months old. One night we were all sitting on the couch and I asked her, "are you going to be a ballplayer someday?" She replied, "yes." I said, "can I come watch you play?" she said, "yes." Then there was a few second pause and she said, "Whitesox."

Whenever there is a dugout shot of Ozzie she says, "Ozzie."

When Hawk says, "you can put it on the booooard," Brooklynne in uninson with hawk says, "YES!!!"

Of course she is exposed to this Whitesox thing frequently but I must say I love it and I just can't fathom other 22 month olds doing this. But I could be wrong.

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-14-2005, 10:19 PM
nice parenting mike

Soxzilla
09-14-2005, 10:24 PM
I'm not sure about a genious...but maybe a genius.:wink: Just playing.

Norberto7
09-14-2005, 10:24 PM
Kids are so cute, esp. when they are White Sox fans.

I also note that genius is a hard word to spell. :dunno:

SOXintheBURGH
09-14-2005, 10:37 PM
My nieces are quite the intensely passionate Sox fans. They refer to them as "Go Sox!" whenever they mention the team.

Iron Dragon
09-14-2005, 10:49 PM
My 3 year old is also a Sox fan. "Home run! Fireworks!" "Home run! Yes!" "Let's go White Sox!" He was also a fan before he hit 2 years old :smile: .

mike squires
09-14-2005, 10:57 PM
I would like to say I purposly misspelled genius but I'd not be telling the truth. I knew when I sent it it didn't look right. Brroklynne is very smart. It's safe to say it's not because of me!!!

Lorenzo Barcelo
09-14-2005, 11:07 PM
My Parakeet says "Go White Sox" Dead serious about that too. Its pretty cool seeing him say it while they are actually playing.

tstrike2000
09-14-2005, 11:13 PM
I would like to say I purposly misspelled genius but I'd not be telling the truth. I knew when I sent it it didn't look right. Brroklynne is very smart. It's safe to say it's not because of me!!!

I love hearing stories about kids since my wife is a teacher. However, your daughter might not be mad if you misspelled genious, but she might be mad that you misspelled her name.

mike squires
09-14-2005, 11:13 PM

See, I can't even spell her name right!:redface:

Nellie_Fox
09-15-2005, 12:46 AM
See, I can't even spell her name right!:redface:Or "purposely."

Okay, this is spiraling downhill. Give your darling little Sox fan daughter a hug for me.

When my kids were little, they understood that you had to be a Sox fan in order to get fed. Sometimes I feel guilty for putting this albatross on them.

rdwj
09-15-2005, 08:13 AM
My daughter is 2 1/2 and loves to use Hawk phrases. Some of her favorites...

"You can put it on the board - yes!"
"He gone!"

And my personal favorite (because we use it when getting in the carseat)...

"Sit back, relax and strap it down!"

Now recently, she's picked up a couple of more colorful phrases that I'm not too happy about. It seems that I say "Son of a B" when the Sox anger me. I've been trying to substitute "Son of a gun", but it just doesn't have the same bite. Recently, I've wanted to drop some MF's, but I've managed to restrain myself.

Deuce
09-15-2005, 08:15 AM
Kids of White Sox fans pick up verbal skills very quickly. Kids of Cubs fans have great motor skills and learn to roll over very quickly. :redneck

MsSoxVixen22
09-15-2005, 10:15 AM
are all Sox fan kids this smart. My girl Brooklynne is 22 months old. One night we were all sitting on the couch and I asked her, "are you going to be a ballplayer someday?" She replied, "yes." I said, "can I come watch you play?" she said, "yes." Then there was a few second pause and she said, "Whitesox."

Whenever there is a dugout shot of Ozzie she says, "Ozzie."

When Hawk says, "you can put it on the booooard," Brooklynne in uninson with hawk says, "YES!!!"

Of course she is exposed to this Whitesox thing frequently but I must say I love it and I just can't fathom other 22 month olds doing this. But I could be wrong.

Cute story, Mike! Glad to hear you (and the rest of you) are starting your children off on the right foot by being a Sox fan. I kinda of have a similar story. One of the guys that I work with (he's a Sox fan as well) told me he has his 5 yr old daughter saying Sox rule and Cubs drool! I thought it was too funny but cute at the same time! :tongue:

wags1978
09-16-2005, 01:51 AM
My nephew is a cub fans and he is dumb as a rock.

OzzieBall2004
09-16-2005, 01:52 AM

Best....post....ever. Permission to make that my sig?

BarbG
09-17-2005, 02:21 AM
When my kids were little, they understood that you had to be a Sox fan in order to get fed. Sometimes I feel guilty for putting this albatross on them.

That just cracked me up. Apparently you and my beloved late father subscribed to the same theories of parenting. Every time I see my teenagers all fired up and cheering their lungs out at the park, I thank him.

The little ones always make me smile. You're never too young to be a Sox fan.

ElevenUp
09-17-2005, 12:54 PM

:roflmao: Funniest thing I've heard in weeks!

Stroker Ace
09-17-2005, 01:46 PM
Kids of Cubs fans have great motor skills and learn to roll over very quickly. :redneckI thought kids with fetal alcohol syndrome had impaired motor skills?

soxfanreggie
09-17-2005, 01:57 PM
Classic thread...you gotta love when young kids love the Sox...nothing better than a Sox fan for life!

bestkosher
09-17-2005, 02:02 PM
don't have any kids yet...thank god..but I teach 1000 of them a week. I keep thinking if I saw a kindergarten go at it with a another over sox and scrubs, If the sox fan kicked the scrubs fan butt in my class would I say anything about it.

WagMan
09-17-2005, 03:21 PM
The first thing my 6 year old son does when he wakes up in the morning is ask me whether or not the Sox won the night before. Gotta love it!:bandance:

chisoxfanatic
09-17-2005, 03:47 PM
The first thing my 6 year old son does when he wakes up in the morning is ask me whether or not the Sox won the night before. Gotta love it!:bandance:

Any good parent would hold his or her son or daughter up until the outcome of the Sox game was finalized regardless of the ending time.

leens01
09-17-2005, 03:50 PM
My nephew will watch the game and run in with updates for us with either the White Sox winning or the "bad guys." Plus, if no one is listening, he will announce, "He gone!" and do the Hawk "Yes!" Then, if he or my niece see anyone wearing Cubs clothing out, they have to yell how the Cubs are stinky and point out that someone is wearing a Cubs shirt. This would be funny no matter where they live, but they are from the Northside and see it often. It is rather amusing although my sister finds it embarrassing.