PDA

View Full Version : Fox won't show Sox...

CubsSuckMySox
09-14-2005, 07:12 PM
An interesting and well-written editorial from The Daily Southtown today.
http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dsedit/x14-ed2.htm

Even as they continue to plow our way closer and closer to the 2005 play-offs, the Sox just can't get the recognition they truly deserve. I don't know why Fox wants to televise another massacre of the Cubs anyway. I think just about everyone is tired of seeing that.

I know I am, anyway.

SoXPriDe33
09-14-2005, 07:19 PM
Best quote....

"This is a perfect example of the powers that control major sports completely ignoring the fans. Who's making these decisions for Fox? Homer Simpson?"

He might as well be running the Fox Sports department. Who cares about the flubs anyway right now.

As long as were on the whole media thing I picked up the Daily Herald's sports section today and saw an article on Tom Gamboa. Can't they just let that die already.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-14-2005, 07:41 PM
I called Fox and they had nothing to say but sorry - they have no control over it. Since they can't broadcast in Minnesota either, I doubt there will be a camera crew at the game. If there is a camera crew, MLB.TV should broadcast the game without blackout - but the Fox "exclusivity" probably doesn't let them so I doubt there will be more than 1 or 2 in house cameras for scouting purposes.

At least it will not be the "clinch" game.

DSpivack
09-14-2005, 09:00 PM
I called Fox and they had nothing to say but sorry - they have no control over it. Since they can't broadcast in Minnesota either, I doubt there will be a camera crew at the game. If there is a camera crew, MLB.TV should broadcast the game without blackout - but the Fox "exclusivity" probably doesn't let them so I doubt there will be more than 1 or 2 in house cameras for scouting purposes.

At least it will not be the "clinch" game.

As far I as I know, blackout rules are national, so MLB.com would only be a solution if you are outside the U.S.

whitesoxwin
09-14-2005, 10:50 PM
Fox Saturday baseball the ol' palehose and twinkies....

Wait a minute.......????

Flubs and Redbirds from the Urinal???????

U of M football scheduled...early game...TV contracts.....Fox Network....

What a rip off.

MLB rules suck!!!!

Mr. White Sox
09-14-2005, 11:21 PM
Enlightening Article (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-050914sherman,1,6625155.column?coll=cs-home-utility)